The orginal Fine hair thread 2013

Oh my goodness, I didn't remember how much my hair loves protein and moisturizing deep conditioning under a dryer until a couple of weeks ago and yesterday was no different. My hair loves it. I will have to make sure that I give my hair a treatment at least once a week from now on. I don't have half as much breakage as I did last month. Much better:yep:!

Last edited:
ladies, for those of you that use Aphogee 2min reconstructor, how many minutes do you leave it in for?
Do you use it like a deep conditioner or strictly for the 2-5mins recommended.

TIA

ladies, for those of you that use Aphogee 2min reconstructor, how many minutes do you leave it in for?

TIA

Last time I left it for 10mins and my hair is in great shape. Some of these ladies do it overnight!

This morning I cowashed with a combination of kalpi tone powder, evoo, SAA, Aussie Volume conditioner and warm water. I followed that up with Tresemme Naturals Radiant Volume Conditioner. Loved it!

TIA

i leave it for like 3 hours.
Im part of those that leave it overnight too with no problem. My hair likes it.

Since I'm working out almost daily now, I'm going back to rinsing or co-washing mid-week as well but I'll stick to detangling weekly or every other week.

Okay so I went to an Indian store we have here and bought some Nupur Mehendi henna and Indigo powder. I didn't realize the henna already had most of the herbs I also purchased in it. I got methi, shikakai, amla, neem, brahmi, and aritha powders. Also amla oil. Am I still able to use the powders or would it be overkill? Can I use the powders separate from the henna on occasion and if so what do I mix them with? How much henna am I to mix? The bag that I bought is 500g. Also do I add cocoa powder for the brown or is the Indigo good enough. I'm using for color as well as the other benefits bc I have boocoo grays. Im not doing the process for about a month but want to have all info I need. Thanks ladies.

How much henna depends on your length and density. You can freeze leftovers and it works just as well later.

You can alternated the other powders with henna use and use them as frequently as you want. At one point I was using Shikakai and amla once a week and alternate weeks used henna.

As far as amounts of each I always use more Shikakai than others as it is my cleanser. Then maybe 25% the others which are either conditioners or scalp healers.

Eta. Cocoa powder can tonw the red to more brown. A tablespoon or two will do. Indigo is black but I haven't used it yet so can't comment. For gets indigo is better. Mine are copper which is kinda cool but I want full coverage and indigo will do it I hear.

Last edited:
How much henna depends on your length and density. You can freeze leftovers and it works just as well later.

You can alternated the other powders with henna use and use them as frequently as you want. At one point I was using Shikakai and amla once a week and alternate weeks used henna.

As far as amounts of each I always use more Shikakai than others as it is my cleanser. Then maybe 25% the others which are either conditioners or scalp healers.

If I freeze the remaining how long can it last in freezer? My plan is to henna once per month. Also do I just set it out on counter to thaw? Thank you so much :-)

If I freeze the remaining how long can it last in freezer? My plan is to henna once per month. Also do I just set it out on counter to thaw? Thank you so much :-)

I edited that last post and added info.

I've gone back to two month frozen henna and it was fine. And yes. On the counter works.

You can henna more often than that and never see a grey again! Lol. I do it twice a month.

I highly suggest you do it alone first. No condish or anything just water so you know how your hair reacts.

photo-vi.jpg

my hair maybe be one inch longer than this now. ( and I've lost weight too):grin:
A wig cap help me a lot tea rinses deep conditioning pre conditioning. I have to do it.+ bagging my ends help also.
I will switch relaxers to a children's relaxer also.( no texlaxing for me! tried that) :nono: no blowdrying or flat ironing.... maybe flatiron later in stretch one time a stretch.:yep:
just relaxed will post this weekend. maybe, I think I'm just getting rid of the damaged hair?. I will dust every other month now.

Last edited:
get-attachment.aspx

:drunk: sorry about the angle. this was taken in Feb think I texlaxed!:blush: its under processed! I dusted the ends. I trimmed again in april I had to. STAY TUNED!
photo-th.jpg

Last edited:
Has anyone in her used Shea Moisture Yucca and Boabam Moisturizing Mist? I need some super super moisture after the Aphogee 2 min yesterday. Let me know please.

Do you deep condition after?

Nope. my hair comes out fine. It is soft and strong.

It feels like thé perfect balance weardly....

Last week i did things differenly. I added apoghee 2 min as usual on damp hair,detangle per section,shampoo,rinse then added elasta qp dpr 11+ under dryer for 25 min. Hair camé out soft but almost thé same as when i dont dc ....
I had to manipulate more though... So ill see and try again. I just hate jumping on and out thé tub!

Last edited:
Fine hair PLUS low density checking-in! Retention is a BEAST which is why I am debating going natural again. At least I can wear a c-napp puff or somethin'... these skinny strands are really testing my patience. I'm tender-headed which is why I chose to relax but I just don't know if it's worth it anymore. My retention when natural was off the charts...this is just pathetic.

Updos? FORGET IT
Serums? PSHHH
twistouts/braids? HA! OH YOU'RE SERIOUS?

Naturals who have a night time regimen that doesn't include braiding or twisting, how do you prep and wear your hair for bed?

Generally I moisturise and braid in about 10 plaits and cover in a satin scarf but I am wondering if I can get away with not braiding my hair up at night so I was just wondering if others have found a way to do that that doesn't result in tangles the next day.

Fine hair PLUS low density checking-in! Retention is a BEAST which is why I am debating going natural again. At least I can wear a c-napp puff or somethin'... these skinny strands are really testing my patience. I'm tender-headed which is why I chose to relax but I just don't know if it's worth it anymore. My retention when natural was off the charts...this is just pathetic.

Updos? FORGET IT
Serums? PSHHH
twistouts/braids? HA! OH YOU'RE SERIOUS?

Naturae what does serums do to your natural hair??

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Naturals who have a night time regimen that doesn't include braiding or twisting, how do you prep and wear your hair for bed?

Generally I moisturise and braid in about 10 plaits and cover in a satin scarf but I am wondering if I can get away with not braiding my hair up at night so I was just wondering if others have found a way to do that that doesn't result in tangles the next day.

HoneyA

A low or high ponytail would help keep it stretched. It wouldn't beat how stretched braids keep your hair though.

Naturae,your ponytail look nice
lemme dig up my ponytail from 2010 .....

attachment.php
damaged N shedding

Attachments

• Image (2).jpg
    Image (2).jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
I see lots of regimens . What type of styles are people wearing on a daily basis especially those who work

I see lots of regimens . What type of styles are people wearing on a daily basis especially those who work

Monday and Tuesday: straight and down
Wednesday: Half-up, half-down style
Thursday: ponytail or bun
Friday: definitely bun
Weekend: too busy dc'ing, don't care :grin:

It's kinda high-manipulation but honestly it's either that or not moisturizing and sealing my ends every day. This way I get to enjoy my hair/look presentable and still protect my ends.

Yuck! the spring here has come in hot AND dry! Dry!! Dry!! You know what this means for my fine fragile hair? Breakage as bad as it can get in the dead of winter. :(

I was using lighter oils this past week after sealing but my strands are dry and crunchy after being outside for a couple hours. Will have to continue heavy sealing. Had hoped to get a break from that until November. No dice.

Yuck! the spring here has come in hot AND dry! Dry!! Dry!! You know what this means for my fine fragile hair? Breakage as bad as it can get in the dead of winter. :(

I was using lighter oils this past week after sealing but my strands are dry and crunchy after being outside for a couple hours. Will have to continue heavy sealing. Had hoped to get a break from that until November. No dice.

DarkJoy Because your hair is highly porous, I don't think you can get away from heavy sealing.
It's funny because I remember promoting heavy sealing on here a few years ago and I've recently realised it's the exact opposite of my hair type needs.
Aw well, it's all a learning curve and it helped alot of people out :yep:

This usually:

ForumRunner_20130504_002449.jpg

Now im in braids since à week. Looooooving some peace without touching this hair.

I was so fustrated

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130504_002354.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130504_002354.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 50
Back