The orginal Fine hair thread 2013

DanceOnTheSkylines

Sorry so late :(

I've just started using the tea. I brew a few tbsp in 1-2 cups of water. I use mine in my daily spritz but other ladies pour the tea onto their hair, cover, and let it sit for a while. They reported that they see the same benefits as using the paste. I have seen improvements in the strength and shine of my hair with my spritz.

I also mix the powders into my condish and use it to cowash.

No worries, thanks so much for this! I'm gonna continue experimenting with the paste and if it becomes too overwhelming I'll switch to this method.

DanceOnTheSkylines have you looked at Mehandi? When I used to henna I bought from their website and I never had an issue with little bits and pieces of anything, it was very well sifted. I also found that I could mix it up in larger batches, freeze the rest and the second time around have much better color deposit because it had set for a longer time. I stopped doing henna maybe a year ago just for personal reasons but I loved their quality of product and the website had TONS of information about henna and indigo too i think. They used body art quality which has to be finely sifted and the website is Mehandi.com

HTH

I've been researching mehandi for years but when it comes to hair products I like instant gratification, so I don't usually buy hair stuff online. Lush is right down the block and across the street from my job. I will probably try the Mehandi brand next time, though. I had no idea you could freeze a big batch, I was wondering about that too because making the mixture takes time and I just feel so lazy with my hair now-but in a good way. I want my regimen as low-maintenance as possible

I deep conditioned with heat with Megatek last weekend and my breakage amount has lessened quite substantially. Followed up with Cream of Nature moisture extreme with heat. Deep conditioned with herbal essence triple moisture this past weekend. My hair feels supple yet strong.

ForumRunner_20130429_113514.jpg

I am wearing my hair in twostrand twists for the week. Also will be sealing the ends daily with water and Shea moisture deep treatment mask. My hair is super fine, high density and breaks like a hand running through a spiders web. I am trying to eliminate this tiny pieces of hair breaking everytime I touch my hair. I want to see some length! I have been stuck between 6-8 inches for over 3 years. It's ridic!

Last edited:
mshoneyfly how did your henna/hibiscus gloss come out like? What were the color results? Curious, because I'm tired of the semi permanent rinse bleeding every wash etc, but I have to do something to cover these grays in the front...

MileHighDiva
Hey Girl,
My gloss was another color success! I have those little grays around my edges too. The henna turns them kinda an orange red color but ironically, they blend nicely with the rest. My overall color is dark-reddish-burgundy-like. Very pretty! This is my 2nd time doing henna-hibiscus.

This pic is before any henna (just Sukesh) Feb 2013

image-1856966788.jpg

This is after 1st Henna

image-1378807903.jpg

This is after 2nd Henna when I added Hibiscus

image-1527741919.jpg

Here is a closeup of my edges today. This time I also added organic coco powder to the mix so it took away some of the reddish tone

image-3497325690.jpg

I will never go back to semi, demi or any other chemical dye!!

MileHighDiva
Hey Girl,
My gloss was another color success! I have those little grays around my edges too. The henna turns them kinda an orange red color but ironically, they blend nicely with the rest. My overall color is dark-reddish-burgundy-like. Very pretty! This is my 2nd time doing henna-hibiscus.

This is after 1st Henna

Here is a closeup of my edges today. This time I also added organic coco powder to the mix so it took away some of the reddish tone

That red is soooo pretty! I'm going to try that one day. Adding hibiscus to my henna gloss... I still haven't gotten the sukesh yet but I will very soon. And I want to try Nupur henna. I plan to do a treatment every two weeks alternating henna with a non henna treatment.

Woooow mshoneyfly! Love the color!

And yaaaasssss for the cocoa powder--just gonna do a cocoa henna today. Sick of the red copper and toning it down with the chocolate. Loving these results.

It's great, how, after a while and with research one can chemically-free make dramatic hair color changes--it's just not instant gratification. takes 3 or 4 times to build up, but worth not losing hair!

Thanks for sharing your results!

@MileHighDiva
Hey Girl,

View attachment 207039

This is after 1st Henna

View attachment 207041

View attachment 207043

View attachment 207045

That red is soooo pretty! I'm going to try that one day. Adding hibiscus to my henna gloss... I still haven't gotten the sukesh yet but I will very soon. And I want to try Nupur henna. I plan to do a treatment every two weeks alternating henna with a non henna treatment.

Thanx for the compliment Babygrowth :)
I have some Jamilla henna and also the Nupur 9-herb 150 gram packs. I like this better because you get more product and its much cheaper than Henna sooq. The Nupur I have already has hibiscus, methi, brahmi, bhringraj and more. I love it. I have also been alternating with Sukesh, Henna, Nupur, and cassia/amla. Its the best thing Ive ever done for my hair!!

DarkJoy
Thank you!! Oh and I need to correct what I said. I think I did Henna more like 4 or 5 times, IDK :). I just know that I love it!

Sigh I'm going to order me some henna this week for sure....

Can you ladies post your recipes when you henna/henna gloss? Like what you use and how you mix it. Just a short run down if you don't mind. I'm in a sew in but when it comes out in a month I want to have my henna ingredients ready for use. And do you suggest using it on washed hair? Wet or dry? Hours or overnight? Etc. TIA yall have some beautiful results.

I have done a 360 and I now love finger detangling/combing.
Two wash days in a row I haven't used a comb and I've managed to thoroughly detangle and remove all the shed hair.
I now have a 'normal' amount of hair in the drain catcher thingy and no more tons of little broken hairs everywhere. Lawd I was ripping my hair out.

The added bonus is that I'm using up all my conditioners because I need to use a ton of it.

Thanks to the person who recommended SAA. I ordered some from Lotioncrafters.com and added it to my beloved V05 Moisture Milk that I use as a leave-in. My hair is in love. I sealed with squalene oil and my hair is like butta :grin:

Can you ladies post your recipes when you henna/henna gloss? Like what you use and how you mix it. Just a short run down if you don't mind. I'm in a sew in but when it comes out in a month I want to have my henna ingredients ready for use. And do you suggest using it on washed hair? Wet or dry? Hours or overnight? Etc. TIA yall have some beautiful results.

When i henna i use:
-neutral henna,add an egg ,lots of olive oil,water of course for thé henna to mix.
somtimes amla oil also added /lemon/essential oils . These last 3 ingrédients i dont always use. I have same résultats weither i do or not.

I make my mixture feel light. Like... À cake mixture so its easy to apply,wont rip my hair and will rinse out Well. Avoid it being thick. You might have à hard time if so.
ID day its as thick as à relaxer mix. I apply it like i apply à relaxer. Then comb through section by section. Thé comb goes through so easily (thé oil.i guess).

Hair comes out soft,strong ,moisturized and its easy to rinse out.

mshoneyfly I need the recipe for the chocolate cherry result you got in your last picture. I love your results.

MileHighDiva
Sorry, Im just seeing your request. Okay, here goes:

3 tbsp Jamilla henna ( if you have long or natural hair, use the whole pack)
1 cap lemon juice
2 pinches sugar
Hot water (add a little at a time & stir. Make it smooth like cake batter or relaxer so you can scoop out with your hands)

Let sit 4 hours

Apply some to gray hairs. Add the rest of your ingredients to the remainder

3 tbsp hibiscus powder
1/4 cup organic cocoa powder
1/4 cup fenugreek tea & mucilage (i soaked the powder overnight in boiling water)
2 tbsp jojoba oil
A little more water

*all measurements are approximate.

This recipe came by accident because Im always stingy with the amount of henna I use and then realize I don't have enough to cover my head. I usually use Eden Bodyworks jojoba monoi dc or shea moisture raw deep moisture masque instead of the fenugreek.

Please lEt me know how it goes

HHG!!

HairPleaseGrow
This last time, I prepoo'd, washed and conditioned first. I even used some leave-in/styling stuff to get rid of the tangles. Sometimes i just cowash with VO5 first but its easier to apply the paste on slightly damp hair.

This time I left it in overnight and part of the morning but the minimum is 2-4 hours. I wear a baggie, then a grocery bag then my fav skull cap :)

. I'm not married so I can do that, lol

HHG

Last edited:
MileHighDiva
Sorry, Im just seeing your request. Okay, here goes:

3 tbsp Jamilla henna ( if you have long or natural hair, use the whole pack)
1 cap lemon juice
2 pinches sugar
Hot water (add a little at a time & stir. Make it smooth like cake batter or relaxer so you can scoop out with your hands)

Let sit 4 hours

Apply some to gray hairs. Add the rest of your ingredients to the remainder

3 tbsp hibiscus powder
1/4 cup organic cocoa powder
1/4 cup fenugreek tea & mucilage (i soaked the powder overnight in boiling water)
2 tbsp jojoba oil
A little more water

*all measurements are approximate.

This recipe came by accident because Im always stingy with the amount of henna I use and then realize I don't have enough to cover my head. I usually use Eden Bodyworks jojoba monoi dc or shea moisture raw deep moisture masque instead of the fenugreek.

Please lEt me know how it goes

HHG!!

mshoneyfly
Thanks Lady! I'll report back once I try it!

I'm a simpleton.

I mix my henna with bottled water. :look: Sometimes there might be a special guest of another Indian powder, but really...just the water.

That's it.

HairPleezeGrow

Last edited:

I bought mine from njoicreations.etsy.com mixed in 3oz tea and 4-6 tbs of DC and instantly applied. Left in overnight. I shampooed, detangled then applied. It is suggested to use on clean, detangled hair...

Any other fine heads have problems with very weak edges and sides that get sore easily and are thinning. I've had this issue since childhood

HairPleezeGrow

I mix henna with coconut milk till a pudding consistency is achieved then i add a TBSP coconut oil or any other oil i have on hand, a TBSP aloe Vera gel and a quick squirt of honey. i mix it up and apply immediately. I don't do henna for the color, just for the conditioning benefits.

Any other fine heads have problems with very weak edges and sides that get sore easily and are thinning. I've had this issue since childhood

Same problem here minus the soreness. My nape is the same way. I would love to wear a bun, but I can't really do so. I've only found two things that work for my nape - constantly wearing it in twists until it catches and grows some length and the other was a hair product (forget the name right now). I think getting relaxers damaged my nape and it hasn't ever recovered, not that it was ever thick and lush to begin with.

Last edited:
HairPleezeGrow

I mix henna with coconut milk till a pudding consistency is achieved then i add a TBSP coconut oil or any other oil i have on hand, a TBSP aloe Vera gel and a quick squirt of honey. i mix it up and apply immediately. I don't do henna for the color, just for the conditioning benefits.

Coconut milk is next to try on my list in the mix... I love it by itself so I hope I love it in the henna mix.

I have weak edges and my nape. I don't get the soreness though. It's like it's very fragile so I tend to not manipulate those areas too much.

My edges can be sore if ive been pulling on thé hair or if there was tension around that area.
I massage slowly that area and moisturize. It helps. Then i do not style tight. I even make sûre hair is loose.

Even sleeping with à bonnet can hurt so i wear one thats not tight or leave thé edges out (i know i might not rub them while sleeping,for me)

any one expérience this with green tea:

So ive been drinking green tea at least once or twice every day since 3 weeks now.

My skin : its like my face is all so.uniform that i dont really need foundation. I dont have skin problèms but my face seems clearer now...

Hair: um... I dont know why but when i took shed hair out they seemed less fragile and fine...

I eat healthy as usual nothing changed à part from taking green tea.

I know green tea does à lot for health (did à research and there is lots of info).

Also:
I tried vatika coco oil by thé way. It strenthens hair in seconds like almost hard protein so have to go slowly with it but it works Well (it contains henna +other stuff ).

Back