The Official Mane 'N Tail Users Club

I bought some MNT deep conditioning shampoo and conditioner, and WOW, I think this is a keeper! My hair is so soft, it's unreal. Not to mention, I think the smell is fabulous!

misskris816 said:
I bought some MNT deep conditioning shampoo and conditioner, and WOW, I think this is a keeper! My hair is so soft, it's unreal. Not to mention, I think the smell is fabulous!

Awesome!!! Welcome to the club!

Beautiful picture in your avatar by the way :)

SG

MonaLisa said:
Are u sure about that?!:lol: :lol:

*I love the smell of the shine on and the leave in strengthener. Don't tell nobody...:look:

I guess I covered everything Mona:p I also use the conditioner and shampoo on my youngest daughter hair:)

tsmith said:
I guess I covered everything Mona:p I also use the conditioner and shampoo on my youngest daughter hair:)

:lol: yup....u r an MNT gangstress, fo sure...
even got shorty on the MNT come up..:grin:

Hello there,
Since my hair is fine and prone to breakage I was looking into MNT to give my hair strength. How many of you MNT users are still out there? For those of you who have stopped using it, can I ask why? Thanks in advance for your updates:)

I have fine hair. I think MNT is great for fine hair! I've only used the Original MNT Conditioner though.

amina kamal said:
Hello there,
Since my hair is fine and prone to breakage I was looking into MNT to give my hair strength. How many of you MNT users are still out there? For those of you who have stopped using it, can I ask why? Thanks in advance for your updates:)

I used the leave-in spray and the conditioner as a daily leave in. One of my paralegals, who has really long hair, swears by the stuff. I cannot use the shampoo b/c it is too harsh for my hair.

i just adopted the mnt regimen...my hubby is using it, too...i use the shampoo, use the conditioner, rinse out...spray in the detangler, comb and apply the conditioner as a leave-in...so far, so good ;)

from36to38 said:
i just adopted the mnt regimen...my hubby is using it, too...i use the shampoo, use the conditioner, rinse out...spray in the detangler, comb and apply the conditioner as a leave-in...so far, so good ;)

Yay :clap:

That's exactly what I do!

SG

Why did I stop using this stuff? It works as a great moisturizer. Curious what's the difference between the old school Mane N'Tail and the one that has extra moisturizer? Are they essentially the same thing?

MuseofTroy said:
Why did I stop using this stuff? It works as a great moisturizer. Curious what's the difference between the old school Mane N'Tail and the one that has extra moisturizer? Are they essentially the same thing?

They are totally different. The moisturizing conditioner has a blue hue and leaves the hair really silky. I can't put that one on my scalp beacuse it leaves it greasy but my hair loves it :love:

And yes, I still use Mane n Tail products :lick:

ok... i posted a new thread about this but figured i should probably ask here -
does anyone use the Soy Oil Creme?... i saw it in the bss today and i thought it looked like something that could do me some good...

any thoughts?

I went to Cvs a few days ago and pick up a new MNT product. It's called Olive Oil Creme. I been using it as a daily moisturizer and so far so good.

Wasn't there a reason why most are using the Original? I think it's way in the beginning of this thread. I would like to try the moisturizing one as well, but I think there was a harmful ingredient or something like that. SG, does this ring a bell?

divinefavor said:
Wasn't there a reason why most are using the Original? I think it's way in the beginning of this thread. I would like to try the moisturizing one as well, but I think there was a harmful ingredient or something like that. SG, does this ring a bell?

You are absolutely correct. I started to remind people of this a while back, but I didn't want t get people excited. I remember another thread started about it and lots of people on the site panicked. I didn't want to bring back old feelings, but I only use the Original and I especially use it exclusively due to the harmful ingredient.

It's called MET, short for Methyli... (sp). I need to search the thread to get the full name b/c I only have the conditioner upstairs. I called the company a long time ago (details are somewhere in this thread) and found out that that the ingredient is not in the Original formulation, but they did add it to the Moisturizing one.

I'll edit this post when I get the name of the ingredient...

Update:

I'm still looking for the spelling of the ingredient, but I found this thread which may be helpful. The thread was started after the original thread about harmful ingredients was posted, I believe Nay. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=62363&highlight=methyl

SG

Last edited:
I use the deep conditioning shampoo and conditioner and I really like it. It make my hair very soft. My motto is, if it doesn't kill me, it's not a big deal. As much junk food as I eat, I'm not going to worry about an ingredient in my shampoo...unless it turns women bald.;)

hello everyone this is Gymfreak336's friend Torrey and i must tell you that i have used mane and tail for a while and i begin mixing it with like all my other pj shampoos and i just wanted to try something else when my friend told me about the MTG so i also went to pet smart and found love that tail shampoo and conditioner which i repetiously kept going back and forth to the website to see what it could do for me... lol well the horses, cause it doesn't say anything about human use but i started using it and it is the BOOMB:eek: ...lol i think it is even better then mane in tail i mean my hair doesn't have a lot of breakage anyway but i might get 3 strands in the comb when i comb my hair while the shampoo IS IN MY HAIR and my hair is so strong plus it says it makes the hair grow and it smells greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat so much better then that beer smell with mane and tale
if you want to look at it goto the website:www.lovethattail.com:D

I don't think MNT smells like beer at all..not even close. I actually like the smell, but that's just my opinion. ;)

gymfreak336 said:
hello everyone this is Gymfreak336's friend Torrey and i must tell you that i have used mane and tail for a while and i begin mixing it with like all my other pj shampoos and i just wanted to try something else when my friend told me about the MTG so i also went to pet smart and found love that tail shampoo and conditioner which i repetiously kept going back and forth to the website to see what it could do for me... lol well the horses, cause it doesn't say anything about human use but i started using it and it is the BOOMB:eek: ...lol i think it is even better then mane in tail i mean my hair doesn't have a lot of breakage anyway but i might get 3 strands in the comb when i comb my hair while the shampoo IS IN MY HAIR and my hair is so strong plus it says it makes the hair grow and it smells greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat so much better then that beer smell with mane and tale
if you want to look at it goto the website:www.lovethattail.com:D

misskris816 said:
I don't think MNT smells like beer at all..not even close. I actually like the smell, but that's just my opinion. ;)

I don't get the beer smell either, but I'm glad you've found something that you like and that likes your hair!

SG

OK I'm in!!:) I bought the poo, and the con this morning, I put the con in my hair before work, and it is so soft and bouncy!!!!

My hair loves the Mane n Tail conditioner. I love the price, too.

I have never tried the extra moisturizing one, though. My mom loves the shampoo from that part of the line.

Bumping....

I think I'm going to try out the poo and conditioner. I used this stuff when I was a teenager (can't remember what it did for my hair, though). I think I should revisit it, since my hair seems to do better with protein products than with moisturizing ones. :D

Back