The Official Mane 'N Tail Users Club

autumnbeauty29 said:
I'm going to have to pick up the strengthener the next time I am out and see what it does on my hair. I haven't noticed anything bad with the poo but this is my first bottle in years lol

The Strengthener is nice...:yep:

homegirljiggy said:
I just brought the Mane and Tail poo and conditioner yesterday and used it for the first time. The shampoo wasnt too bad, a little drying of course but I did lather twice, the first lather wasnt as drying. The conditiner was GREAT, it gave good slip and everything. I'll continue using and see if they are keepers. if this works out I plan on buying the Deep Moisturizing poo and con to replace my nexxus humectress and therapee, anyone try this?
The Deep Moisterizing Poo is MUCH better than the original. Once I stumbled on it, I never used the original MNT Poo again...& that goes for the original conditioner too. The Deep Moisture MNT is definitely the way to go.:yep:

meaganita said:
The Deep Moisterizing Poo is MUCH better than the original. Once I stumbled on it, I never used the original MNT Poo again...& that goes for the original conditioner too. The Deep Moisture MNT is definitely the way to go.:yep:

I want to try this, but I can never seem to find the liter bottles of this. I prefer liter sizes so I get the Original. It works well for me, but my mom was raving about the Deep Moisture and I would love to try it.

By the way, Original Conditioner lovers : :sekret:

Gallon size bottles. Use coupon code CCP1 for 10% off. Buy 2 bottles and get free shipping - total $36

HoneyDew said:
I want to try this, but I can never seem to find the liter bottles of this. I prefer liter sizes so I get the Original. It works well for me, but my mom was raving about the Deep Moisture and I would love to try it.

By the way, Original Conditioner lovers : :sekret:

Oooh....does the Detangler come in the liter bottle?:scratchch

meaganita said:

Thanks meaganita, I will pick this up later this summer in the small bottles to test it out.

I just got another rave for the MNT, I washed my hair again with this stuff and WOW... I washed and conditioned for maybe 5-10 minutes, then added some conditioner as a leave-in, and a little Hot Six Oil, wet wrapped, and dried it under my bonnet dryer... WOW my hair is so soft and full and pretty looking... I'm like "NEXXUS who?"... I'm very impressed ladies, very!!

autumnbeauty29 said:
Does anyone use the Deep Moisturizing Conditioner as a deep conditioner?

I use the Original one as a deep conditioner. I love it. I am sure the Deep Moisturizing one would be just as good.

I have been using the Original Conditioner for a while now, moreso using it for occasional co washes. I also use it in my moisture/protine mix (distilled water, MNT conditoner, mositurizing conditioner and oils). I've never tried the shampoo though. I'm looking for another moisturzing line to alternate with my Aveda. I may have to check out the MNT deep moisturizing, but somewhere way in the beginning of this thread someone mentioned an ingredient that may be harmful that's in the deep moisturizing line. Were there any updates about this? I haven't read the beginning of this thread in a long time. If the deep moisturizing line of this isn't bad, then I may have to alternate this with my Aveda DR line.

divinefavor said:
I have been using the Original Conditioner for a while now, moreso using it for occasional co washes. I also use it in my moisture/protine mix (distilled water, MNT conditoner, mositurizing conditioner and oils). I've never tried the shampoo though. I'm looking for another moisturzing line to alternate with my Aveda. I may have to check out the MNT deep moisturizing, but somewhere way in the beginning of this thread someone mentioned an ingredient that may be harmful that's in the deep moisturizing line. Were there any updates about this? I haven't read the beginning of this thread in a long time. If the deep moisturizing line of this isn't bad, then I may have to alternate this with my Aveda DR line.

None of the ingredients in the Deep Moisturizing look harmful to me, but I may just be missing it:

Water , Stearyl Alcohol , Cetyl Alcohol , Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine Lactate , Behentrimonium Methosulfate , Glycerine , Isostearamidopropylmorpholine Lactate , Vegetable Oil , Dimethicone , Cyclopentasiloxane , Fragrance , Coconut Oil , Wheat Protein , Tocopherol , Panthenol , FD&C Blue No. 1 , FD&C Yellow No. 5 , Methylchloroisothiazolinone , Methylisothiazolinone

Which one is harmful?

divinefavor said:
Girl I can't even remember...it's probably way in the beginning of the thread. LOL!!!!

I remember reading that a long time ago. Methylchloroisothiazolinone and methylisothiazolinone are the "harmful" ingredients. They are preservatives, and can cause allergic reactions & contact dermatitis in some individuals. It is recommended for use only in "rinse-off" products for these reasons. More info:

http://orgs.dermis.net/content/e05eecdrg/e05news/e686/e706/index_ger.html
http://www.ewg.org/reports/skindeep/report.php?type=INGREDIENT&id=20

I tried to read through most of this thread the other day....I do not think I "officially" signed up, however I love Mane-n-Tail Shampoo, Conditioner, Deep Moisturizing Conditioner, Deep Moisturizing Shampoo, Detangler, Strengthener--love it ! These items have become staples in my haircare arsenal. I can not believe it took me all this time to finally realize how much my hair loves Mane-n-Tail. I still love trying other haircare prodcuts but Mane-n-Tail will be in my haircare regimen always. :)

I heat straightened my hair this weekend for the first time since Jan, and use the MNT Heat Barrier. It did a great job especially since I used very low heat. My hair was soft, and not bone straight but straight enough to take a decent lenght pic.

Love the Original Cond. I use it for CO and as a leave-in. I also mix oils and aloe vera with it for a daily moisturizer.

HoneyDew, thanks for the link to the gallon size. It's a great buy, considering my Kenra moisturizing in the gallon is almost $60.

When I use the spray I usually have it for a month or two. Since I barely use it. And the shampoo and conditioner goes alot faster =S.

update, I tried the deep moisturizing kind, and my hair hated it, and the detangler, So I am going to return this to the store.. The original poo and con was the bomb though:) and will be using this on the regular, and stick with nexxus as my moisture line

Bumping this old thread for more responses...

I just purchased some MNT Deep moisturizing poo?

Should I exchange it for the original or should I keep the moisturizing? Which one is better?

try the original first.. i m not a fan of the moisturizing one, at all!
and I have no complaints about the original, i might return back to this eventually, but right now i'm on the creme of nature kick... oh and the original as a leave in is really nice, that and a lil hot six oil, left my hair dried hair almost as soft and smooth as my hydra tlc and serum

I have been using this conditioner with coconut oil,peppermint and rosemary eo and it has done wonders for my hair!

I recently used the original MNT conditioner as a CW because I was having a lot of breakage. It reduced the breakage a lot and my hair feels stronger, silkier and moisturized. I'm definitely going to include this as one of my staples.

i havent read this whole thread but has any used the new line of herbal gro mane and tail? if so how has it been working for you?

so i just went back to using this two days ago because of breakage and mushy hair from all the moisture products i've been using. so now I use this as my daily cowash conditioner, and leave in with hot six oil, already my hair is looking and feeling stronger and thicker!!

Trying to keep this thread alive. I heard a lot of great things about this line for years and have started using the conditioner for my UBH recipe.

What I'm wondering is does anyone actually use the entire line like the other products. I'm interested in switching my ENTIRE regimen to this line. What do yall think of the other products? Especially the Herbal Gro Line it looks SO promising
There's a whole LIST of them on the site which include

ShampooConditionerDeep Moisturizing
Shampoo
Deep Moisturizing
Conditioner
DetanglerHair Strengthener Shine OnOlive Oil CremeReplenishing ConditionerHerbal Gro Hair System

Braid Sheen SprayHair DressingHerbal-Gro &
Maximum Herbal-Gro
Carrot Oil CremeRevitalizing CremeReconstructorBarrierGentle Clarifying ShampooShea Butter & Aloe CremeAnti-Dandruff

Trying to keep this thread alive. I heard a lot of great things about this line for years and have started using the conditioner for my UBH recipe.

What I'm wondering is does anyone actually use the entire line like the other products. I'm interested in switching my ENTIRE regimen to this line. What do yall think of the other products? Especially the Herbal Gro Line it looks SO promising
There's a whole LIST of them on the site which include

ShampooConditionerDeep Moisturizing
Shampoo
Deep Moisturizing
Conditioner
DetanglerHair Strengthener Shine OnOlive Oil CremeReplenishing ConditionerHerbal Gro Hair System

Braid Sheen SprayHair DressingHerbal-Gro &
Maximum Herbal-Gro
Carrot Oil CremeRevitalizing CremeReconstructorBarrierGentle Clarifying ShampooShea Butter & Aloe CremeAnti-Dandruff

Which conditioner are you using for your UBH recipe?

Back