The Official Mane 'N Tail Users Club

here's my mini-up date:

i've been on this MNT challenge since august 25, 2006. i wash and deep condition my hair twice weekly usually tuesday and saturday.

here's an example of what i do when i wash my hair on Tuesday (i do the same on saturday):
*wash once w/ MNT shampoo
*wash once w/ organic root stimulator uplifting shampoo
*condition w/ MNT conditioner
*deep condition w/ heat using either ORS olive oil pack, ORS hair mayo, or motions silk protein deep condtioner for 10 mintues

i've had such great results! i am so close to brastrap length that i can TASTE it! since being on this challenge i have lots of new growth, my new growth is softer, i only shed about 20 hairs whenever i wash, my hair doesn't tangle up even though i am over 8 weeks post, the list goes on! i will definitely be to BSL by the end of the year!

****southerngirl thanx soooo much for starting this club! i am so happy with my results that i could scream! :) and it's partly because of you southerngirl :kiss: ****

oh yeah, i will post before and after pics at the end of the year (when i get my touch-up)

daedae157 said:
here's my mini-up date:

i've been on this MNT challenge since august 25, 2006. i wash and deep condition my hair twice weekly usually tuesday and saturday.

here's an example of what i do when i wash my hair on Tuesday (i do the same on saturday):
*wash once w/ MNT shampoo
*wash once w/ organic root stimulator uplifting shampoo
*condition w/ MNT conditioner
*deep condition w/ heat using either ORS olive oil pack, ORS hair mayo, or motions silk protein deep condtioner for 10 mintues

i've had such great results! i am so close to brastrap length that i can TASTE it! since being on this challenge i have lots of new growth, my new growth is softer, i only shed about 20 hairs whenever i wash, my hair doesn't tangle up even though i am over 8 weeks post, the list goes on! i will definitely be to BSL by the end of the year!

****southerngirl thanx soooo much for starting this club! i am so happy with my results that i could scream! :) and it's partly because of you southerngirl :kiss: ****

oh yeah, i will post before and after pics at the end of the year (when i get my touch-up)

This is so great to hear :clap:

I am excited about your results. Definitely post those comparison shots so we can see your great progress.

Someone postsed a question re: post-partum shedding. I'm actually trying to avoid that myself, but I don't know how much shedding is normal. I'm 3 months posts-partum today and I have been getting a little bit, but again, I don't know what to expect since this is my first child.

I'll monitor it and let you know my results. M&T has never let me down before, so fingers are crossed that it won't this time!

SG

SouthernGirl said:
This is so great to hear :clap:

I am excited about your results. Definitely post those comparison shots so we can see your great progress.

Someone postsed a question re: post-partum shedding. I'm actually trying to avoid that myself, but I don't know how much shedding is normal. I'm 3 months posts-partum today and I have been getting a little bit, but again, I don't know what to expect since this is my first child.

I'll monitor it and let you know my results. M&T has never let me down before, so fingers are crossed that it won't this time!

SG

Congrats Southerngirl on being a mommy! I'm glad to "see you". You've been crossing my mind lately... (Especially everytime I pull out my MnT. :look: ) :lol:

I don't know why I stopped using mnt. My already thick hair was aloooot thicker when I used this. Maybe I caught a case of hair conciet or something because all of a sudden my 3.99 bottle of mnt shampoo wasn't good enough for me.

....I guess everthing good don't look good
and everything good don't cost good either:lol:

Ive been using MNT since my hair journey in August and I shampoo and condition with it once a week on sundays. I usally prepoo then shampoo with MNT once/twice if needed then put the MNT conditioner in and leave it for a few minutes then rinse it out. My hair LOVES this stuff. I have absolutley NO BREAKAGE since using it. My hair is alot stronger and healthier.

ChocoKitty said:
Congrats Southerngirl on being a mommy! I'm glad to "see you". You've been crossing my mind lately... (Especially everytime I pull out my MnT. :look: ) :lol:

Aw, that's so sweet :kiss:

It's great to hear from you too! Thanks for the congrats. One of the things that motherhood will bring is more time to jump on LHCF - at least when I'm able to get her to go down long enough for naps. Since I'm home now, I figured I'd have more time for surfing :)

Hasn't happened yet though - my litte munchkin won't sleep unless I'm in bed with her or holding her. It's like clock work - I rock her to sleep, I put her down, and before I get out of the room good, she's wailing! I guess I need to learn how to multitask w/my laptop :)

Anyhoo, I'm so happy this club is still growing. You guys are awesome for keeping the thread alive another year and sharing your results :clap:

Regards,

SG

rinygirl6 said:
I don't know why I stopped using mnt. My already thick hair was aloooot thicker when I used this. Maybe I caught a case of hair conciet or something because all of a sudden my 3.99 bottle of mnt shampoo wasn't good enough for me.

....I guess everthing good don't look good
and everything good don't cost good either:lol:

Couldn't have said it better myself!! I totally agree with you, and I have done this as well. Even though I'm very loyal, I get bored with stuff easy and I love to try new things. Even when I do, I always come back to my MNT. It's one of the few products that I always like to have on hand. I just ran out to Rite Aid this morning to replace my strengthener!!

So, don't feel bad, break out those bottles again and get back on the bandwagon :)

SG

I have been using MNT every week and my hair is so much softer and stronger. I use the conditioner as a leave-in and I am very happy with the results. Thanks SG!:)

Thought about you SG...when I broke out the big bottle sitting in the shower corner...

I gave one big bottle of conditioner to my cousin and kept the other two...(I always buy on sale 2 for 1 to keep in stock)

I don't really talk about this much anymore, because it's just part of the routine....

I still use it as a strengthening prepoo treatment...Good stuff...will always stay a staple..so I need to put back in siggy;)

I'm still going strong with MNT! I use it in my daily mixture of distilled water, MNT, a moisturizing conditioner and oil. I have the same two bottles that I bought around Christmas last year when they were on sale 2 for 1 at Walgreen's. :D

Can I still join I bought the shampoo, condtioner, and this reconstructor today. Have anyone use this before.
reconstructor.jpg

I haven't used my MNT in about a month, but I will start to use it as a pre-poo with castor oil. I need to put this back into rotation myself.

MonaLisa said:
Thought about you SG...when I broke out the big bottle sitting in the shower corner...

I gave one big bottle of conditioner to my cousin and kept the other two...(I always buy on sale 2 for 1 to keep in stock)

I don't really talk about this much anymore, because it's just part of the routine....

I still use it as a strengthening prepoo treatment...Good stuff...will always stay a staple..so I need to put back in siggy;)

Hey Sis :kiss:

Glad to see you're still using it!! I know you use other stuff too, but it's cool you're still in da' club, VP :)

I'm gonna do an updated roll call for FY07, so stay tuned.

Love ya,

SG

Miz Jackson said:
I have been using MNT every week and my hair is so much softer and stronger. I use the conditioner as a leave-in and I am very happy with the results. Thanks SG!:)

Cool beans chica!!!

BTW, your hair looks amazizng in your avatar :up:. Nice 'n shiny!

SG

Hey Divine :wave:

That's awesome!!!!

Hi Recgnize,

Thanks for lettng us know about the reconstructor. I didn't even know that was out! I haven't seen it in stores so thanks for posting it. Sorry, I can't rate it, but as soon as I can get my hands on some and do a bit of research, I'll give you my feedback.

I'm curious as to how I would incorporate this one b/c I get enough protein w/ the poo/con that I rarely (if ever) do reconstructive treatments. Anyhoo, I'll get back re: this one!

Oh, and welcome to the club :clap:!
Thanks,

SG

Last edited:
SouthernGirl said:
Hey Sis :kiss:

Glad to see you're still using it!! I know you use other stuff too, but it's cool you're still in da' club, VP :)

I'm gonna do an updated roll call for FY07, so stay tuned.

Love ya,

SG

:kiss:...back atchu mama! :lol:

I was looking at the poo today....but the SLS factor scurred me....

I am lookin at that reconstructor though...;)

I still use my MNT Shine On....I just love the smell of it

Hi,

I'm new to the board although I've been lurking for some time. I would like to create a regime around the Mane and Tail products. SG your hair is beautiful and it appears that your push for this product line has been very beneficial to many of ladies on LHCF. After reading quite a few pages of posts I'm still not sure on how to use the products. I sincerely apologizes because I'm sure you guys are tired of these niggling questions.

The following are the products I purchased today:
1. MNT - Shampoo
2. MNT - Conditioner (Moisturizng and Texturizing)
3. MNT - Detangler

Please clarify the following:

Prepooing should occur with another conditioner or the MNT conditioner and then I should shampoo with MNT. Do I use the detangler and conditioner (conditioner should be dilitued with oil of my choice and used as a leave in?) together and then roller set my hair?

Thank you for any responses to the post. I appreciate your help.

reckgnyze said:

But bust how I just got back from Sally's, looked in the bag..and realized....I did not buy this....I bought the Hair Strengthener Daily Leave In Treatment :ohwell: I guess it'll do...:cool:

189739.jpg

Ingredients
Water , Polyquaternium-11 , Propylene Glycol , Isostearamidopropylmorpholine Lactate , Dimethicone Copolyol , DMDM Hydantoin , Aloe Vera , Horsetail Grass , Chaparral , Colts Foot , Horse Chestnut , Meadow Sweet , Red Clover , Polysorbate 20 , Polysorbate 80 , Quaternium-79 Hydrolyzed Keratin , Quaternium-79 Hydrolyzed Silk , Allantoin , Retinyl Palmitate Vitamin A Palmitate , Tocopherol Vitamin E , Panthenol , Niacin , Fragrance

ETA: I likes this...:D *a keeper*.....so, for MNT...using original conditioner, shine on, detangler and now the leave in strengthener (mixing the detangler and leave in with my trusty Pantene - combo works for me)

Last edited:
This is one of the first things I purchased after I started lurking. I have a tendency to over research and every board I went to sang high praises to the "M-N-T". I got it, used it, and my breakage stopped. I really mean stopped.

I dont have many pics to show (just to tired to do it right) but my hair was soo mushy. The mushiness is what made me start searching online for help. I think a combination of learning what to do from the boards and using this product is what helped. Yes I have many other items, but I definitely needed the protein. My daughter cannot use it a lot because her hair is very thick and dry. The mnt only dries it more. For me - its great...:ohwell:s

I am in the club!!!

When I first joined this board, I purchased the whole Mane N Tail line...I mean basically everything because of SG's pretty hair and that is mainly the products that she uses BUT also my father use to use the shampoo when I was a teenager...Now that I have my regimen ON POINT, I don't really use my MNT products only occassionally but the odd thing is I purchase MNT products when I'm shopping...I'm going to add this line back into my regimen..I have the shampoo, conditioner (big bottles), detangler, shine on, leave in strengthener and I know I'm missing something else.:lol:

When I first joined LHCF I bought a bottle of the MNT shampoo and conditioner. I used it once and didn't really think it did anything special to my hair. I washed and conditioned my hair with MNT recently and was shocked by the results! MNT made my hair so soft and silky! I don't know if it was the change in products or if I just didn't give MNT enough of a chance. I use it again this week when I wash my hair to see if the results are lasting. I have my staples, but it would be nice to have MNT in my regime as well.

tsmith said:
When I first joined this board, I purchased the whole Mane N Tail line...I mean basically everything because of SG's pretty hair and that is mainly the products that she uses BUT also my father use to use the shampoo when I was a teenager...Now that I have my regimen ON POINT, I don't really use my MNT products only occassionally but the odd thing is I purchase MNT products when I'm shopping...I'm going to add this line back into my regimen..I have the shampoo, conditioner (big bottles), detangler, shine on, leave in strengthener and I know I'm missing something else.:lol:

Are u sure about that?!:lol: :lol:

*I love the smell of the shine on and the leave in strengthener. Don't tell nobody...:look:

PatientPath said:
Hi,

I'm new to the board although I've been lurking for some time. I would like to create a regime around the Mane and Tail products. SG your hair is beautiful and it appears that your push for this product line has been very beneficial to many of ladies on LHCF. After reading quite a few pages of posts I'm still not sure on how to use the products. I sincerely apologizes because I'm sure you guys are tired of these niggling questions.

1. MNT - Shampoo
3. MNT - Detangler

Prepooing should occur with another conditioner or the MNT conditioner and then I should shampoo with MNT. Do I use the detangler and conditioner (conditioner should be dilitued with oil of my choice and used as a leave in?) together and then roller set my hair?

Hey Girlie :wave:

Welcome to the club!!!

Looks like you're off to a great start based on the products you purchased. Sorry, but I don't prepoo so I'm not sure what to say there, but I think Mona does so if you read thru the posts you may see her method. I know it's long so maybe she'll see this and just respond if she has not already.

As for the leave-in and detangler, you can use them together. I don't alway dilute with oil, but when I do it works well. I also don't roller set, but I have heard this method works great. I hope I was helpful, but I'm not fancy with the products at all. I just ardry about 99% of the time.

HTH,

SG

Last edited:
yoniy said:
This is one of the first things I purchased after I started lurking. I have a tendency to over research and every board I went to sang high praises to the "M-N-T". I got it, used it, and my breakage stopped. I really mean stopped.

I dont have many pics to show (just to tired to do it right) but my hair was soo mushy. The mushiness is what made me start searching online for help. I think a combination of learning what to do from the boards and using this product is what helped. Yes I have many other items, but I definitely needed the protein. My daughter cannot use it a lot because her hair is very thick and dry. The mnt only dries it more. For me - its great...:ohwell:s

I am in the club!!!

Yay!!! Welcome :wave:

PatientPath said:
Hi,

1. MNT - Shampoo
3. MNT - Detangler

I prepoo with diluted (spring water) MNT or dry or wet hair before the poo.
I do not use MNT shampoo though. I do use some other conditioners/oils in prepooing, but end it with the MNT.

Back