~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

I was shopping at the mall yesterday and this lady kinda snuck up behind me and inhaled deeply, I was like what the... When I turned around she had this huge smile on her face and goes "your hair smells like coconuts" :lol:

I couldn't even be mad at her, because every time I use that Curl crème brulée I have to smell the bottle a couple of times :lol:

LMAO that is cute! I will have to get some of that!

Dang! Wow NikkiQ, sorry to hear that. Yeah 8 hours is way too long. Even I can do them on my own hair in 6 hours, watching tv and eating.

She didn't finish? Is she going to finish them?

44f00807-1e8a-e1bc.jpg

I'm not going back. She braided the little section down that's not finished. It's in the middle of my head so you can't see it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Long Hair Care Forum App

44f00807-1e8a-e1bc.jpg

I'm not going back. She braided the little section down that's not finished. It's in the middle of my head so you can't see

They don't look too small to me, but it is hard to tell from the picture. They are way too long. I think anything longer than APL is too much strain on the scalp. So definitely cut them as soon as you can. They may not feel heavy but they may be pulling all the same.

Enjoy them as much as you can. You will at least get a hair break.

They don't look too small to me, but it is hard to tell from the picture. They are way too long. I think anything longer than APL is too much strain on the scalp. So definitely cut them as soon as you can. They may not feel heavy but they may be pulling all the same.

Enjoy them as much as you can. You will at least get a hair break.

After complaining about how long she was taking and how small she was making them, she stopped splitting the hair in half and used whole pieces in the front. that's why they look thick. in the back, they're SUPER tiny. I'm going to cut them tonight when I get home from work.

So after pouting like a baby for days because I couldn't get my hair done, DH paid for me to go to a stylist I hadn't seen in years. It was dyed a dark brown color (I think she used excellence creme with Matrix developer:look:) and the top was highlighted honey blonde (want it lighter next time)I was super nervous the whole time, but I really like how it came out. So I'm now a colored natural (wait, am I still natural now?? j/k I say I am a colored natural). Anyway, cue the pics:

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 100_4859.jpg
    100_4859.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 176
  • 100_4863.jpg
    100_4863.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 692
  • 100_4878.jpg
    100_4878.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 177
  • 100_4867.jpg
    100_4867.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_4847.jpg
    100_4847.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 33
Fivetimestwo, your color looks great! I hope to be a colored natural myself in June. This is a picture of the color I am thinking about...a sort of reddish brown.

Attachments

• bigimage1.jpg
    bigimage1.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 39
NikkiQ , she doesn't appear to know what she's doing. Most braiders won't braid them that long unless you specifically request for them to do so.

I used to put kinky twists in my own hair when I was transitioning and I wouldn't split the hair. They would be tailbone length with the ends curled, but I purposely braided them that way.

It takes a special technique to know how to cut/split the hair to get the right length.

Your twists are pretty though. I like the color combo.

I can get my hair into two flat twists (instead of french braids) this is awesome way better than a bunch of little twists under my wig.

@NikkiQ , she doesn't appear to know what she's doing. Most braiders won't braid them that long unless you specifically request for them to do so.

I used to put kinky twists in my own hair when I was transitioning and I wouldn't split the hair. They would be tailbone length with the ends curled, but I purposely braided them that way.

It takes a special technique to know how to cut/split the hair to get the right length.

Your twists are pretty though. I like the color combo.

Thanks! I already cut them though. I don't think I'll keep these in for very long. Such a disappointment. I wish I could learn how to do them on my own but I'm a hot mess when it comes to braiding with extensions.:nono:

Thanks! I already cut them though. I don't think I'll keep these in for very long. Such a disappointment. I wish I could learn how to do them on my own but I'm a hot mess when it comes to braiding with extensions.:nono:

When your hair is loose or after you shampoo, and you have some time, just practice doing twists on a very small section of hair. Do about 3 or 4. You will get better with time and you won't be concerned with keeping them in. With that little bit of practice you will know when you are ready to do more.

Well, I was gonna try braiding it, but i probably would have had to make a lot of small braids jus so the ends would hold :ohwell: so I stuck to some chunky twists for a twistout. Washed and left in Mane'N'Tail Deep Moisturizing Conditioner. Twisted with QB amla and olive heavy cream/vaseline.

55fd827ab840__1304229463000.jpeg

f17cc6ae8450__1304229463000.jpeg

tried a wng on my DD's hair yesterday and it was a big fail because she bothered it too much so I put it up in a puff. she'll have to wear it that way at least until Tuesday or Wednesday.

I'm loving my wig but the lace on it is way too hard. I'm going to stop by a BSS today and see if I can find a half wig that will match my hair if possible.

pookaloo83 :look: i'm sure the QB was enough to seal, but it seems like everytime i use vaseline, my hair remains soft until the next time i wash it. I honestly jus like how it feels on my hair :)

Hey guys! I am completely content with my hair! i have them in medium to large twist..about 40 total. And ive been using the scurl for moisture and my twists for some reason are showing some length and it has some weight to them, so they have movement:reddancer:. I am supposed to be doing an install within the next two weeks with some kinky straight hair for a two week trip...but i dont wanna. :pyro:

weeks ago i have been wanting to put a weave in because my hair had been getting on my nerves but now i really im in <3 with my hair. I know that my hair does well when in a weave because i leave them in for at least 2 mos.

but i am conflicted!!!:cry:

oh, wat to do, wat to do.

tried a wng on my DD's hair yesterday and it was a big fail because she bothered it too much so I put it up in a puff. she'll have to wear it that way at least until Tuesday or Wednesday.

I'm loving my wig but the lace on it is way too hard. I'm going to stop by a BSS today and see if I can find a half wig that will match my hair if possible.
Roux That's what I was going to ask you about - the lace. How do they even get away with calling it lace? Mines feels like scratchy mesh, :lachen: but I figure that the lack of quality comes with the territory of inexpensive lace fronts.
Hi Newly Natural Ladies!!!! Happy Sunday!! :bouncy: :bouncy:
@Janet' Thanks! Happy Sunday back at you! :bouncy:

Hey guys! I am completely content with my hair! i have them in medium to large twist..about 40 total. And ive been using the scurl for moisture and my twists for some reason are showing some length and it has some weight to them, so they have movement:reddancer:. I am supposed to be doing an install within the next two weeks with some kinky straight hair for a two week trip...but i dont wanna. :pyro:

weeks ago i have been wanting to put a weave in because my hair had been getting on my nerves but now i really im in <3 with my hair. I know that my hair does well when in a weave because i leave them in for at least 2 mos.

but i am conflicted!!!:cry:

oh, wat to do, wat to do.
Maybe you can try to go the low-mani route with twists and follow a regi similar to this: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=9638096&postcount=27 . I know it feels good to have your hair out but just consider if the tradeoffs of enjoying your hair vs hiding it away are worth it.

Straightened my hair and I'm finally SL! After this, I won't be straightening again until late September. This will be the big hump. My hair has been SL before but never anything past that. Its very exciting, can't wait! Very glad I gave up chemicals, I just don't think it would have been possible for my hair had I stayed relaxed.

When I did my BC in October 2010 my "bang" area didn't go past my eyebrows. Today my bang touches my top lip. I CAN SEE GROWTH!!!!!!

Back