~*~*The Newly Natural Thread*~*~

Skiggle I don't have any length pics, I'll try to take some soon though!

I did do a wash and go today, and it's the first one I actually like! I cowashed my hair, rinsed all of the conditioner out, applied my oilc mix (hemp, olive, castor) and used S Curl Lite Wave Jel (yeah... with a "j") activator. Eco-styler gel always leaves my hair sticky and hard, and this gel is so much lighter and my hair is soft to the touch. I still have super shrinkage, but I guess it comes with being natural.

Last edited:
I can't wait til I can twist my hair like ya'll! For now it's in a sew in...I'm trying to cover it up and let it grow on its own for the summer, but I really wanna yank this thing out...I miss my natural hair. Idk how long I'm gonna be able to resist...

So I got half of them done lol

b8dc1fa5-2fdd-256f.jpg

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Long Hair Care Forum App

MummysGirl and Foxglove I love both your twists!
I am going to try the French twist/roll on my hair too!
Thanks! The french roll was my attempt to hide my ends for a few days. The "bangs" I braid in one big braid overnight, tie everything up in my scarf, then the next morning the bangs are in a braidout of mini twists

Foxglove - BEAUTIFUL!!! I might try that out next time... twisting over a couple of days :)
Thanks!:grin: This is the tutorial she made. I don't have enough hair to bun like she did so I puffed it. It's the only way I can finish a set now since I don't have the patience to sit through a super session
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSBFMjCoZOQ

Foxglove I like how you mixed in the protein treatment with your henna. I was going to do a henna treatment but I opted to do GPB instead in the interest of time but now I realize I could've just mixed it in.

I figured I'd have to do a moisture DC afterwards anyway so why not add in the protein. Worked out great

I have only had my TWA for about a month. I might have maybe an inch and half of hair. I am having trouble with the shrinkage. I bought some Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding. It's nice, but my curls are kind of thick and tight. I might have to take a pic to see if you ladies can assist me in figuring out my curl pattern. This is a whole new world for me. I haven't seen my natural since I was 9 years old and I'm 31!

Uhrrr-body's doing the twist these days. :drunk: Right now I'm rocking chunky twists pinned up.

I strongly want to try mini-twists, but I don't know if I have enough patience for all that.

Hello everyone!

Not much going on here. I have just been wearing braidouts- down and in updos for weeks out of sheer, pure, laziness (too lazy to even take pics). I am still faithfully using the KYT leave-in, Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, and now my daugthers' African Pride Braid Spray (or something like that). If I spray each section with the braid spray, apply the smoothie, and braid, in the morning my hair is like whoa...moisturized and dare I say "glossy"?!

I will be getting my hair straightened and trimmed next week. I have decided against using commerical dye and will be doing my own henna coloring at the end of the month. I received my henna from mehandi.com and have done tons of research. Any tips from the henna pros are greatly appreciated.

I will update next week with pics next week.

blow dried my hair and it's in a puff now, I won't have time to start my twists until later today. I wonder if comb attachments are one size fits all for blow dryers?

Threw in some more thick twists last night. they're really all i have the patience for, but they make for a bangin twistout, so I'm not complaining :look: Maybe the heat is making us all lazy? I refuse to take pics as well :rofl:

Hello everyone!

Not much going on here. I have just been wearing braidouts- down and in updos for weeks out of sheer, pure, laziness (too lazy to even take pics). I am still faithfully using the KYT leave-in, Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, and now my daugthers' African Pride Braid Spray (or something like that). If I spray each section with the braid spray, apply the smoothie, and braid, in the morning my hair is like whoa...moisturized and dare I say "glossy"?!

I will be getting my hair straightened and trimmed next week. I have decided against using commerical dye and will be doing my own henna coloring at the end of the month. I received my henna from mehandi.com and have done tons of research. Any tips from the henna pros are greatly appreciated.

I will update next week with pics next week.

My advice: use only a few tablespoons of lemon juice for release. I had to learn the hard way when I was a henna novice. Lol, my hair was HARD/BRITTLE. I had to deep condition for a whole day. Use good oils and I like to use black tea water instead of plain water.(Black tea helps with shedding)

Have fun, work in sections!

When you BCd - 6/4/11
How many months post-relaxer were you when you BCd - 18 months
Have you been natural before? When? As a child
Your hair type, preferably your hair's characteristics (strand size, density, curl diameter, amount of shrinkage, growth pattern-up/down, etc.) - a detailed description can help in evaluating product and regimen's possible effectiveness - I think I'm 4a/b with medium strands, my hair is thick and grows out and up I believe. I could be wrong
Your current regimen - none. I need to deal with the dryness. My DCs are no longer as effective. But I plan to wash and DC weekly and braid or twist every month
Your favorite styles - nothing seems to look good. My twists out and braidout were a HAM so I'm going to braid.
Your current length and goal length - SL and aiming for WL stretched
Your photo album, if any - none

Finished my twists yesterday and wore them in a side bun. today I misted them with moisturizer and tossed on my wig. I hope these twists last longer than the last ones I did, I think they will I did better this time.

Think I might pick up some castor oil today.

Doing henna for the first time right now. How come no one ever mentioned this stuff smells like the elephant habitat at the zoo?!?! I've got orange blotches on my arms like I was trying to draw on myself with an orange marker or something :lol:. Plan on keeping this in all day, washing it out this evening, and then doing and indigo treatment. I'll post pics.

Do you ladies do them on slightly stretched hair or on your naturally curly hair?

i do mines on blowdried hair, so that it will be easier to twist. i wont have to worry about my curls getting tangled or anything. it usually shrinks back up in this humidity within days so the stetched hair doesnt even last that long.

Hey ladies i put my mini twists in as promised. i did them on wed and throughout the day took me 4.5 hours which is the fastest, its ever taken me. i decided to not do them AS small as i usually do because the take down will be easier. however, they are pretty small tho.

i tried the aphogee protein keratin reconstructor after i took my weave down. and i must say...my hair was sooo soft afterwards. my ends are still a little crunchy but im going to just trim 1/4 at the end of the summer. my ends dont bother me much when they are in twists only when i try to blowdry and the ends dont get straight like the rest of my hair.

i will be posting pics of my twists soon. they have shrunken already due to the humidity and me taking walks outside.

i will be leaving them in for 4 weeks and then i may either redo them or put yarn braids in. it depends on my mood because those yarn braids took me 17 hours over two days.

It's one week later and I still have my mini twists in. I left them in that french roll updo all week and all I did was rebraid the bang part every night for a braidout bang in the morning. I washed and DC'ed my hair today so here is a wet hair pic
IMG_1183.jpg

here are my twists!!

Attachments

• 2011-06-11 17.44.10.jpg
    2011-06-11 17.44.10.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 2011-06-11 17.44.28.jpg
    2011-06-11 17.44.28.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 31
  • 2011-06-11 17.44.45.jpg
    2011-06-11 17.44.45.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 32