The Jheri Juice Challengeeeeee!!! Lets get our retention on point!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought 5 bottles of S-Curl from Walmart. Because the 16oz bottles are only 2.96 there. Everywhere else the 16oz bottles are nearly $6. And even the 8oz bottles at other places are more than $3. So anyone that uses S-Curl I suggest you check out your local Walmart to purchase your S-Curl.

Ok yall, here is another Juice-a-licious:lick: style that you can achieve with tha juice, of course:grin::grin::grin:

0d3aa45171b257710946a3bf3bb1ac69.jpg

499d28352ef804ddb50c40bec4e40400.jpg

1536be040aaaa65da2d18772b344a42e.jpg

32857557302616a08f0f13841d9c6389.jpg

6d032c9d88c192530a683148d7c803a2.jpg

b80291df7e5d724e60f58d1b5bdc48d3.jpg

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I just bought 5 bottles of S-Curl from Walmart. Because the 16oz bottles are only 2.96 there. Everywhere else the 16oz bottles are nearly $6. And even the 8oz bottles at other places are more than $3. So anyone that uses S-Curl I suggest you check out your local Walmart to purchase your S-Curl.

Yeah I agree, Scurl is pretty cheap at Wolly world,:yep:

I haven't read anything since my last post or login which it says was the 27th. I will catch up at work tomorrow, pinkieswear. I just don't wanna be on that dangone list. Baby afrikurl and I are twisted up and juiced up. Nothing new. We keep the long aid on deck and twists in place. I let my hair out for a few days because I had a memorial day/birthday/girlfriends getaway but as soon as I got back the twists were too. I took the longaid with me and put it on my hair when I twisted at night to keep it stretched.

Lol Afrikurl you wont go on tha list...cause you always manage to check in and tell us wuz juzayyyyyy:grin:. Thanks for the :update:

Hi juicers :look:

Since many juices have glycerin as a primary ingredient, would you consider "juice" to be a mix of water+glycerin+conditioner? :scratchchin:

I'm still HARD on my S-curl!! I juice twice a day, first thing in the morning and overnight in my baggy. It keeps my TWA soft and plush and makes my curlies "pop". The juice is the da truth baby!!! I love what it does for my hair. The hubby is on the juice too so we have to buy it in bulk. :lachen:

I'm still HARD on my S-curl!! I juice twice a day, first thing in the morning and overnight in my baggy. It keeps my TWA soft and plush and makes my curlies "pop". The juice is the da truth baby!!! I love what it does for my hair. The hubby is on the juice too so we have to buy it in bulk. :lachen:

Yes Lawd! Praise tha juice!!:yep:

Lol how long is tha hubby's hair?:look:

just wanna let Adora kno that she was right about ors + queen helene cholesterol mixed together for a dc... Wow can't believe I ever doubted that.

I have a june update in my fotki.

just wanna let Adora kno that she was right about ors + queen helene cholesterol mixed together for a dc... Wow can't believe I ever doubted that.

I have a june update in my fotki.

Hmmmm I need to try that cholesterol, I have used LeKair and Lustrasilk:rolleyes: How does it make your hair feel?

And BTW I will go lurk on your fotki...:lurking:

Yes!!!!!!!! Are you wanting to get in on tha challenge?????:eyebrows2 :eyebrows2 :eyebrows2

I would love to join the juice challenge :dance7:
My hair is in cornrows right now. I will make a mix of water+aussie moist+glycerin for some daily juicing :grin: I may revisit my S-curl and Wave Nouveau

So how often are you juicing? and do you feel the need to seal afterwards?

Hmmmm I need to try that cholesterol, I have used LeKair and Lustrasilk:rolleyes: How does it make your hair feel?

And BTW I will go lurk on your fotki...:lurking:

my hair feels like straight up butter! Lol
I tried other cholesterols in the past, they were yucky! Please try it

let me know wat you think! I hope to claim mbl in about 6 or 7 weeks

Last edited:
I'm popping in to say 'heeeey'.

I am not apart of the challenge. I have LHCF challenge committment issues. However, I have gotten a few messages from a certain someone about my status here (I was surprised to know that anyone here was checking for me :lol:) and I will say that last month I added Care Free Curl Gold to my veggie glycerin/ aloe vera mix and it was meh at first.
Since the weather has gotten warmer here I have been using the cfc as the primary product and adding a little glycerin...wow :love:. I feel like I've been cheating on my staple products, but this is definitely working for me.
I wear w&g's (even after I swore them off and promised that I would never revisit them) and I love it.

Reggie

Co-wash with VO5 conditioner a minimum of 4 times a week-push for 6 or 7

Prepoo with VO5 conditioner/EVOO mixture and shampoo with cheapie shampoo 1x a week.

Deep condition with Elasta QP/Lustersilk Shea Butter/ Ors conditioner mixture. My dc usual just consist of putting a plastic cap on and sleeping.:look: I hate to sit under my dryer.

Daily moisturizing with CFC/vegetable glycerin/aloe vera mixture

I comb once a week. As I am washing out my pre poo I detangle. That's it. The rest of the week I use my fingers.

I baggy every night. I don't seal though. I just spray my distilled water and put my plastic cap on. No need to add product as I have product from my morning moisturizing.
I try to spray my hair a few times a day.

That's it. Thanks Chelz for the threats...erm, I mean messages.:lol:

I have to say that when I first tried the juice I hated it :barf:. It was nasty. It took me a couple of times to get it right. I'm heavy handed with product and that's not good with this cfc. I think I have found my stride now though.

HHG ladies!!!

I would love to join the juice challenge :dance7:
My hair is in cornrows right now. I will make a mix of water+aussie moist+glycerin for some daily juicing :grin: I may revisit my S-curl and Wave Nouveau

So how often are you juicing? and do you feel the need to seal afterwards?

Thanks for hopping on tha juicewagon!!:pulpdance: Toot Toot!!! :lachen: And you can juice daily, I juice nightly:yep:. I think it depends on which juice I am using, because S-curl would make me feel as though I needed to seal. I think Scurl is lighter...I am trying to get my grandma to juice!!:rolleyes:

:orders: Welcome to tha JUICE AlliCat!!!!!:woot::rocker::woot:

:woohoo2::creatures:headspin::2cool::headspin: :reddancer::reddancer::reddancer::headspin::2cool: :headspin::creatures:woohoo2:
:lots::dance7::thewave::dance7::lots:
..:hottub::band2::circle::welcome2::circle::band2: :hottub:
....:bounceline: :bounceline: :bounceline: :bounceline:
...:kisses::cheers::trampolin:Flahsssss:weird::weird::drunk: :drunk: :blowkiss: :drunk::drunk::weird::weird::Flahsssss :trampolin :cheers::kisses:
:congrats::creatures:bouncy::creatures:creatures :bouncy::creatures:creatures:bouncy::creatures :congrats:
....:eyebrows2 :sweet::band::club::band::sweet: :eyebrows2
:rosebud::poker::seesaw::jester::wow::takecover: :wow: :jester::seesaw::poker::rosebud:
:bath::bdance::strong::hero::grouphug3::hero: :strong::bdance::bath:

welcome_cat_2_white_back.gif
b-409927-animated_cat_picture1257203636.gif
welcome_cat_2_white_back.gif

I'm popping in to say 'heeeey'.

I am not apart of the challenge. I have LHCF challenge committment issues. However, I have gotten a few messages from a certain someone about my status here (I was surprised to know that anyone here was checking for me :lol:) and I will say that last month I added Care Free Curl Gold to my veggie glycerin/ aloe vera mix and it was meh at first.
Since the weather has gotten warmer here I have been using the cfc as the primary product and adding a little glycerin...wow :love:. I feel like I've been cheating on my staple products, but this is definitely working for me.
I wear w&g's (even after I swore them off and promised that I would never revisit them) and I love it.

Reggie

Co-wash with VO5 conditioner a minimum of 4 times a week-push for 6 or 7

Prepoo with VO5 conditioner/EVOO mixture and shampoo with cheapie shampoo 1x a week.

Deep condition with Elasta QP/Lustersilk Shea Butter/ Ors conditioner mixture. My dc usual just consist of putting a plastic cap on and sleeping.:look: I hate to sit under my dryer.

Daily moisturizing with CFC/vegetable glycerin/aloe vera mixture

I comb once a week. As I am washing out my pre poo I detangle. That's it. The rest of the week I use my fingers.

I baggy every night. I don't seal though. I just spray my distilled water and put my plastic cap on. No need to add product as I have product from my morning moisturizing.
I try to spray my hair a few times a day.

That's it. Thanks Chelz for the threats...erm, I mean messages.:lol:

I have to say that when I first tried the juice I hated it :barf:. It was nasty. It took me a couple of times to get it right. I'm heavy handed with product and that's not good with this cfc. I think I have found my stride now though.

HHG ladies!!!

Ummmmmmmm.:think: According to the first page of this thread, you ARE part of this challenge...:lachen: Look below:

123. Danell
124. brownbean96
125. ctosha
126. freelove
127. Eritreladiee
128. Liege4421
129. Tyra
130. mEmYSELFaNDj
131. lamaria211
132. girlyprincess23
133. kbragg
134. StephElise

Thanks for checking in and tellin us wuz juzayyyyyy though, I will take your name off the "MIA" list in a bit...:giggle:

Ummmmmmmm.:think: According to the first page of this thread, you ARE part of this challenge...:lachen: Look below:

123. Danell
124. brownbean96
125. ctosha
126. freelove
127. Eritreladiee
128. Liege4421
129. Tyra
130. mEmYSELFaNDj
131. lamaria211
132. girlyprincess23
133. kbragg
134. StephElise

Thanks for checking in and tellin us wuz juzayyyyyy though, I will take your name off the "MIA" list in a bit...:giggle:

See that!
That confirms the committment issues I got going *waves hands* on all up and throught here. :lol: I didn't even remember. Have mercy.
OK.
:giggle: That is funny.
I'm scared to search these 2010 threads and see just how many challenges I have signed up for and am not checking in to. Girl...smh at self :lol:

Thanks for checkin in Mz. Tyra!:giggle:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Juicers Most Wanted List #6:jail: These Juicers have been missing for far to long:yep:. We need to find out if they have fell off the Juicewagon:look:, If anyone spots a juicer on this list:detective:PLEASE call the juice hotline:prettyplease: 1-618-303-9084:callme:,sponsored by tha Skala 3G Network:phone: with nationwide service, we have operators sitting by to answer your calls:office:, All calls will remain ju-nonymous:peek2:, We just want to get Da Juice on top of their heads:clubu: BTW there is NO Reward :lachen::lachen::lachen:

1. twinkletoes17 (Found)
2. CoutureMe06 (Found)
3. SEMO (Found)
4. jayjaycurlz
5. TonicaG
6. H4irHappy (Found)
7. 20Something
8. CICI24 (Found)
9. LadyPBC (Found)
10. mEmYSELFaNDj (Found)
11. lacying
12. Blessed2bless (Found)
13. LivinMyLifeLikeItsGolden (Found)
14. Evo-ny (Found)

15. ~Charlotte*York~

*Still Missing*(:spank:)
1. Anna9764
2. Nicey
3. GaiasDaughter24 (Finally FOUND! Got tha fam juicin too!!!!!):grin:
4. 2sweetnsugarland
5. Mane event (Finally FOUND!!):pulpdance:
6. NinasLongAmbition
7. jerseyjill
8. honey009
9. Dragone (Finally FOUND!! S-curlin it up!):reddancer:
10. mush211
11. Tyra (FINALLY FOUND!!!) :shocked:
12. mewzickmorena
13. sqzbly1908

Have ya seen 'em??? Cuz we haven't....:nono::nono::nono:

Last edited:
Juiced the twa with s curl and taraji bodifier. Too lazy to do my twist so I will be juicing and rockin' the wash and gos.

See that!
That confirms the committment issues I got going *waves hands* on all up and throught here. :lol: I didn't even remember. Have mercy.
OK.
:giggle: That is funny.
I'm scared to search these 2010 threads and see just how many challenges I have signed up for and am not checking in to. Girl...smh at self :lol:

Gurl I think I was part of like 4 other challenges but ummmm....:look: Tha juice took over!!!!!:blush:

:lachen:

UPDATE:

I stopped juicing for a while b/c I ran out of my vegetable glycerin for my homemade spritz and no longer wanted to use the LongAid Curl Activator Gel due to the stickiness factor ... BUT ...

I decided to give the S-Curl a try ... I never used it b/c I don't really care for the scent but I was inspired by the simple regimen of my fellow 4B hair sister NONI (hey girrrrrrl :grin:) to just give it a try since it's been collecting dust in my PJ closet ...

I washed my hair and used S-Curl as my only leave-in before drying in braids to stretch my hair (Nonie's regimen) .... I was scared it was going to be a disaster...but it dried sooooo soft .... it still felt damp but it wasn't!

If I recall correctly I got similar results from my homemade spritz (50% water + 50% Vegetable Glycerin) but it's really nice to know that there is a commercial product out there that I can easily pick up from the store that will give me the same results

Pros:
*Extreme moisture (especially in humid weather)
*Inexpensive
*Easy to find locally
*Not sticky

Cons:
*The Jerri Curl Juice scent :nono: (my homemade mix does not have a scent)
*Contains 1 Silicone (simethicone) - not sure if this will be a problem though since it's at the bottom of the list
*Contains Parabens (but what cheap product doesn't?)
*MIGHT not be as effective in dry-less humid seasons (will have to wait & see)

Lately I've been spritzing it lightly daily and applying a teeny bit of leave-in conditioner on top (no oils or butters to seal, etc) and my hair is SOFT & easy to manipulate without breakage (a major problem for my fragile strands) ... couldn't be happier & I hope this works for me in the Winter!

I might restock on more vegetable glycerin and experiment w/ my homemade mix to see if I get the same results ...it's always great to have a back-up! ....But for now, I'm lovin' me some S-Curl! :yep: ....

UPDATE:

I stopped juicing for a while b/c I ran out of my vegetable glycerin for my homemade spritz and no longer wanted to use the LongAid Curl Activator Gel due to the stickiness factor ... BUT ...

I decided to give the S-Curl a try ... I never used it b/c I don't really care for the scent but I was inspired by the simple regimen of my fellow 4B hair sister NONI (hey girrrrrrl :grin:) to just give it a try since it's been collecting dust in my PJ closet ...

I washed my hair and used S-Curl as my only leave-in before drying in braids to stretch my hair (Nonie's regimen) .... I was scared it was going to be a disaster...but it dried sooooo soft .... it still felt damp but it wasn't!

If I recall correctly I got similar results from my homemade spritz (50% water + 50% Vegetable Glycerin) but it's really nice to know that there is a commercial product out there that I can easily pick up from the store that will give me the same results

Pros:
*Extreme moisture (especially in humid weather)
*Inexpensive
*Easy to find locally
*Not sticky

Cons:
*The Jerri Curl Juice scent :nono: (my homemade mix does not have a scent)
*Contains 1 Silicone (simethicone) - not sure if this will be a problem though since it's at the bottom of the list
*Contains Parabens (but what cheap product doesn't?)
*MIGHT not be as effective in dry-less humid seasons (will have to wait & see)

Lately I've been spritzing it lightly daily and applying a teeny bit of leave-in conditioner on top (no oils or butters to seal, etc) and my hair is SOFT & easy to manipulate without breakage (a major problem for my fragile strands) ... couldn't be happier & I hope this works for me in the Winter!

I might restock on more vegetable glycerin and experiment w/ my homemade mix to see if I get the same results ...it's always great to have a back-up! ....But for now, I'm lovin' me some S-Curl! :yep: ....

Awwwwww I am happy that you found a new juice!!!:yahoo: :woot: :yahoo:

And ummmmm I just looked on three of my cheapie products and they dont have parabens...:grin: V05 Herbal Escapes Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifyin Condish, Suave Tropical Coconut Condish:hula:, and Suave Clarifyin Condish...:yep:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back