The Jheri Juice Challengeeeeee!!! Lets get our retention on point!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Chelz posted a message on my profile, I'm seriously thinking about doing this challenge. Over the past few months, my hair has been suffering from dryness and stiffness for some odd reason. My hair also seems like it has been staying the same APL for a couple of years. My goal is to get to brastrap length at least by the end of 2010. I've been avoiding heat for months, but I guess I'm not moisturizing my hair enough. I've been using Aussie Moist Conditioner as a leave-in and it seems like it has stopped working and is causing build-up and a little breakage which isn't good.

I remember back when I had a teenie weenie afro, I used S-Curl alot and retained a lot of length as well as thickness. I stopped using it because it started to make my hair mushy and I started wanting to wear my natural hair straigthened or in stretched out styles. But when I think back about using S-Curl, at least my hair wasn't breaking off with it, so it making my hair mushy really wasn't a bad thing per se. So today, I'm gonna stop by the store and buy some S-Curl and go back to using it and see what happens.

Last edited:
I'm just checking in, I'm still juicin'. Yesterday I was hanging out with some friends and I went to use the bathroom and what did I see? A bottle of carefree curl activator...wonderful right? Nah b/c this is the same friend who told me I shouldn't be using wave nouveau on my "nappy african hair" but goes around and buys some jheri curl juice herself:look: ain't that some ish. I wanted to confront her but it seemed petty. She knew da juice was working for me and now she is using da juice too.:grin:

:orders:Attention!!!!!!!!!!The new "Juicers Most Wanted (:jail:) List" #6 is out!!!!:woohoo2: All members of tha Juice Squad must come together:mob: and find ALL of these misplaced juicers:bat:,we must save them from the Anti-Juicer(:angeldevi) before it is too late!!! HURRY!!!!!!! Undalay Undalayyyyyy!!!:roadrunner::cowgirl::roadrunner: :cowgirl: :roadrunner:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Juicers Most Wanted List #6:jail: These Juicers have been missing for far to long:yep:. We need to find out if they have fell off the Juicewagon:look:, If anyone spots a juicer on this list:detective:PLEASE call the juice hotline:prettyplease: 1-618-303-9084:callme:,sponsored by tha Skala 3G Network:phone: with nationwide service, we have operators sitting by to answer your calls:office:, All calls will remain ju-nonymous:peek2:, We just want to get Da Juice on top of their heads:clubu: BTW there is NO Reward :lachen::lachen::lachen:

1. twinkletoes17
2. CoutureMe06
3. SEMO
4. jayjaycurlz
5. TonicaG
6. H4irHappy
7. 20Something
8. CICI24
9. LadyPBC
10. mEmYSELFaNDj
11. lacying
12. Blessed2bless
13. LivinMyLifeLikeItsGolden
14. Evo-ny
15. ~Charlotte*York~

*Still Missing*(:spank:)
1. Anna9764
2. Nicey
3. GaiasDaughter24
4. 2sweetnsugarland
5. Mane event
6. NinasLongAmbition
7. jerseyjill
8. honey009
9. Dragone
10. mush211
11. Tyra
12. mewzickmorena
13. sqzbly1908

Have ya seen 'em??? Cuz we haven't....:nono::nono::nono:

(Chelz is doin the roll call of juicy subscribers....)

Chelz: LadyPBC?
LadyPBC: Juicy and accounted for!!!

I love how the S-Curl makes my hair soooo soft (maybe even mushy :blush:) and I love the smell of the Hawaiian Silky 14n1 it too gives softness (I think that one or both of them loosened my coils - could that be possible?), but the Carefree Gold (not so much).

:grin:Poohbear 11-10-2004 06:42 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: And the nominees are.... (Best of the best for 2004 Awards)

Best Shampoo:
Creme of Nature

Best reconstructor:
Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum intensive treatment

Best Leave In Conditioner:
Motions Nourish Leave-in Conditioner

Best hair serum:
NTM

Best Spray Moisturizer:
S-Curl

Best Creme Moisturizer:
Elasta QP Oil Recovery

Best Hair Oil:
WildGrowthOi

u always new huh poobear:bdance:

After Chelz posted a message on my profile, I'm seriously thinking about doing this challenge. Over the past few months, my hair has been suffering from dryness and stiffness for some odd reason. My hair also seems like it has been staying the same APL for a couple of years. My goal is to get to brastrap length at least by the end of 2010. I've been avoiding heat for months, but I guess I'm not moisturizing my hair enough. I've been using Aussie Moist Conditioner as a leave-in and it seems like it has stopped working and is causing build-up and a little breakage which isn't good.

I remember back when I had a teenie weenie afro, I used S-Curl alot and retained a lot of length as well as thickness. I stopped using it because it started to make my hair mushy and I started wanting to wear my natural hair straigthened or in stretched out styles. But when I think back about using S-Curl, at least my hair wasn't breaking off with it, so it making my hair mushy really wasn't a bad thing per se. So today, I'm gonna stop by the store and buy some S-Curl and go back to using it and see what happens.

Thanks for hopping on tha juicewagon!!:pulpdance: Toot Toot!!! You can also try Wave Nouveau,Care Free Curl/CFCG, and Hawaiian Silky...:grin:

:orders: Welcome to tha JUICE PoohBear!!!!!:woot::rocker::woot:
winniethepooh.gif
winniethepooh.gif
winniethepooh.gif
winniethepooh.gif
winniethepooh.gif

:woohoo2::creatures:headspin::2cool::headspin: :reddancer::reddancer::reddancer::headspin::2cool: :headspin::creatures:woohoo2:
:lots::dance7::thewave::dance7::lots:
..:hottub::band2::circle::welcome2::circle::band2: :hottub:
....:bounceline: :bounceline: :bounceline: :bounceline:
...:kisses::cheers::trampolin:Flahsssss:weird::weird::drunk: :drunk: :blowkiss: :drunk::drunk::weird::weird::Flahsssss :trampolin :cheers::kisses:
:congrats::creatures:bouncy::creatures:creatures :bouncy::creatures:creatures:bouncy::creatures :congrats:
....:eyebrows2 :sweet::band::club::band::sweet: :eyebrows2
:rosebud::poker::seesaw::jester::wow::takecover: :wow: :jester::seesaw::poker::rosebud:
:bath::bdance::strong::hero::grouphug3::hero: :strong::bdance::bath:
winniethepooh.gif
winniethepooh.gif
winniethepooh.gif
winniethepooh.gif
winniethepooh.gif

(Chelz is doin the roll call of juicy subscribers....)

Chelz: LadyPBC?
LadyPBC: Juicy and accounted for!!!

I love how the S-Curl makes my hair soooo soft (maybe even mushy :blush:) and I love the smell of the Hawaiian Silky 14n1 it too gives softness (I think that one or both of them loosened my coils - could that be possible?), but the Carefree Gold (not so much).

Lol,:lachen:Thats a good one! Roll call!:grin:Thanks for checkin in, ya name has been taken off tha list:yep:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Juicers Most Wanted List #6:jail: These Juicers have been missing for far to long:yep:. We need to find out if they have fell off the Juicewagon:look:, If anyone spots a juicer on this list:detective:PLEASE call the juice hotline:prettyplease: 1-618-303-9084:callme:,sponsored by tha Skala 3G Network:phone: with nationwide service, we have operators sitting by to answer your calls:office:, All calls will remain ju-nonymous:peek2:, We just want to get Da Juice on top of their heads:clubu: BTW there is NO Reward :lachen::lachen::lachen:

1. twinkletoes17
2. CoutureMe06
3. SEMO (Found)
4. jayjaycurlz
5. TonicaG
6. H4irHappy
7. 20Something
8. CICI24
9. LadyPBC (Found)
10. mEmYSELFaNDj (Found)
11. lacying
12. Blessed2bless (Found)
13. LivinMyLifeLikeItsGolden (Found)
14. Evo-ny (Found)

15. ~Charlotte*York~

1. Anna9764
2. Nicey
3. GaiasDaughter24 (Finally FOUND! Got tha fam juicin too!!!!!):grin:
4. 2sweetnsugarland
5. Mane event (Finally FOUND!!):pulpdance:
6. NinasLongAmbition
7. jerseyjill
8. honey009
9. Dragone
10. mush211
11. Tyra
12. mewzickmorena
13. sqzbly1908

I'm just checking in, I'm still juicin'. Yesterday I was hanging out with some friends and I went to use the bathroom and what did I see? A bottle of carefree curl activator...wonderful right? Nah b/c this is the same friend who told me I shouldn't be using wave nouveau on my "nappy african hair" but goes around and buys some jheri curl juice herself:look: ain't that some ish. I wanted to confront her but it seemed petty. She knew da juice was working for me and now she is using da juice too.:grin:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

She thought she was slick!!:lol:

It seems Chelz was ready to come beat my a$$ personally, so here I am! I have, and will continue to be, BFFs with my bottles of S-curl. It's working even better now that it's getting warm out^^.

It seems Chelz was ready to come beat my a$$ personally, so here I am! I have, and will continue to be, BFFs with my bottles of S-curl. It's working even better now that it's getting warm out^^.

:blush::blush::blush: :blush::blush::blush: :blush::blush::blush:

Why of course not!!!!!!! Lol just wanna know if tha juice is still where it belongs:look:,... on ya head:lol:
I'm Happy the Scurl is working for youuuu!! :grin::grin::grin: Thanks for checkin in and tellin us wuz juzayyyyyyy:peace:

1. twinkletoes17
2. CoutureMe06
3. SEMO (Found)
4. jayjaycurlz
5. TonicaG
6. H4irHappy
7. 20Something
8. CICI24
9. LadyPBC (Found)
10. mEmYSELFaNDj (Found)
11. lacying
14. Evo-ny (Found)

15. ~Charlotte*York~

1. Anna9764
2. Nicey
4. 2sweetnsugarland
6. NinasLongAmbition
7. jerseyjill
8. honey009
9. Dragone (Finally FOUND!! S-curlin it up!):reddancer:
10. mush211
11. Tyra
12. mewzickmorena
13. sqzbly1908

Oh gosh. Chelz, why do I have to be number one on the list? Am I really the worst offender? :lachen:

Okay, prepare for my vent:

I haven't been here because I'm in the process of stopping what I think may be a huge setback. I've always had bad luck with glycerin + cold temperature. Here in northern Cali we had an unusually cold May, but I was juicing anyway thinking that it wasn't as cold as winter. Well, cold + glycerin + transitioning + never touching my hair = setback, at least I would think so. I'm 9+ months post and I'm ending my transitioning next Friday as I'm losing what I think is a lot of hair. My hair was in way better shape when I was relaxed and I knew what I was doing!

I had a detangling session a few days ago and had so much hair coming from my head. I spent 2 hours and 45 minutes detangling what felt like DREADS! I don't cut my knots out, I put in the work and try to detangle everything rather than giving up on them. That's too much growing to make up lol. Luckily, a lot of it was shed hair as I saw white bulbs at the end, at least I think it was. I have a great stylist at JC Penney, whom I trust very much :banana: so I'm not worried about any negative results. I stopped juicing but will start again when the weather warms up.

My 4a shrinks SO much! Not as much as Mwedzi's, maybe 60% of her shrinkage is what I have lol. I just pray I'm still APL at the least. I was soooooo close to MBL... we'll see what's in store next Friday.

I didn't forget y'all. I was just ashamed. Lol. I hope I was overreacting and my hair's fine.

Btw, quick product wave: I bought Pantene's Relaxed and Natural mask last week to get my hair ready for the relaxer. IT'S SO GOOD! Super slippy, smells good, and my hair's feeling better.

K, I'm done :)

Yall go make me pull out my old bottle of s-curl

Gone head and whip out tha S-curl!!!...:grin:

:orders: Welcome to tha JUICE Anonymous1!!!:pulpdance::yahoo::pulpdance:

:woohoo2::creatures:headspin::2cool::headspin: :reddancer::reddancer::reddancer: :headspin::2cool::headspin::creatures:woohoo2:
:lots::dance7::thewave::dance7::lots:
..:hottub::band2::circle::welcome2::circle::band2: :hottub:
....:bounceline: :bounceline: :bounceline: :bounceline:
...:kisses::cheers::trampolin:Flahsssss:weird::weird::drunk: :drunk: :blowkiss: :drunk::drunk::weird::weird::Flahsssss :trampolin :cheers::kisses:
:congrats::creatures:bouncy::creatures:creatures :bouncy::creatures:creatures:bouncy::creatures :congrats:
....:eyebrows2 :sweet::band::club::band::sweet: :eyebrows2
:rosebud::poker::seesaw::jester::wow::takecover: :wow: :jester::seesaw::poker::rosebud:
:bath::bdance::strong::hero::grouphug3::hero: :strong::bdance::bath:

Oh gosh. Chelz, why do I have to be number one on the list? Am I really the worst offender? :lachen:

Okay, prepare for my vent:

I haven't been here because I'm in the process of stopping what I think may be a huge setback. I've always had bad luck with glycerin + cold temperature. Here in northern Cali we had an unusually cold May, but I was juicing anyway thinking that it wasn't as cold as winter. Well, cold + glycerin + transitioning + never touching my hair = setback, at least I would think so. I'm 9+ months post and I'm ending my transitioning next Friday as I'm losing what I think is a lot of hair. My hair was in way better shape when I was relaxed and I knew what I was doing!

I had a detangling session a few days ago and had so much hair coming from my head. I spent 2 hours and 45 minutes detangling what felt like DREADS! I don't cut my knots out, I put in the work and try to detangle everything rather than giving up on them. That's too much growing to make up lol. Luckily, a lot of it was shed hair as I saw white bulbs at the end, at least I think it was. I have a great stylist at JC Penney, whom I trust very much :banana: so I'm not worried about any negative results. I stopped juicing but will start again when the weather warms up.

My 4a shrinks SO much! Not as much as Mwedzi's, maybe 60% of her shrinkage is what I have lol. I just pray I'm still APL at the least. I was soooooo close to MBL... we'll see what's in store next Friday.

I didn't forget y'all. I was just ashamed. Lol. I hope I was overreacting and my hair's fine.

Btw, quick product wave: I bought Pantene's Relaxed and Natural mask last week to get my hair ready for the relaxer. IT'S SO GOOD! Super slippy, smells good, and my hair's feeling better.

K, I'm done :)

Yes gurllll you are tha worst offenda!:blush: Ive seen you postin all up on other threads:lachen: And are you sure you want to end your transition so soon?:look: You are bound to lose hair because of the two different textures:yep: I know how it is, I am almost a year post.:spinning:

I'm still juicing with a braid spray. I recently got micros.

Which braidspray you use? :eyebrows2

1. twinkletoes17 (Found)
2. CoutureMe06
3. SEMO (Found)
4. jayjaycurlz
5. TonicaG
6. H4irHappy (Found)
7. 20Something
8. CICI24 (Found)
9. LadyPBC (Found)
10. mEmYSELFaNDj (Found)
11. lacying
14. Evo-ny (Found)

15. ~Charlotte*York~

1. Anna9764
2. Nicey
4. 2sweetnsugarland
6. NinasLongAmbition
7. jerseyjill
8. honey009
9. Dragone (Finally FOUND!! S-curlin it up!):reddancer:
10. mush211
11. Tyra
12. mewzickmorena
13. sqzbly1908

OMG thanks CHELZ! I have my bottle on the table. I will spray it on( i will add some wheat germ oil to it) and wrap my head up.

I think i will alternate between this and my dove leave in. I don't want to weigh my hair down too much.

Still juicin. Not sure if it's making a difference in my hair or not:look:. I'm going to give it a few more weeks to see if I notice anything. If not, I'm done:rolleyes:

I know. I was avoiding this thread lol. In the other sections I don't have to talk about hair :)

Yeah I'm sure. It's easier for me to take care of it, especially with me preparing for university as a nursing major.

OMG thanks CHELZ! I have my bottle on the table. I will spray it on( i will add some wheat germ oil to it) and wrap my head up.

I think i will alternate between this and my dove leave in. I don't want to weigh my hair down too much.

Thats cool:up:, as long as you keep it juzayyyyyy:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back