The Jheri Juice Challengeeeeee!!! Lets get our retention on point!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm well the CFC I already have looks similar to S-curl in consistency, white...the bottle says with glycerine & protein on the front... :scratchch

you know what, i by mistake bouht the cfc in the yellow bottle, and i did not like it :nono:, it was like lotion and it was white & thick.

all i know is, the care free curl GOLD, is the juice. i dont know about the other cfc :ohwell:

I dont think the other ones are glycerine based :nono:

Hmmm well the CFC I already have looks similar to S-curl in consistency, white...the bottle says with glycerine & protein on the front... :scratchch

:grin: that sounds like " the juice" to me. :yep: i havent tried the whole line of cfc. just the one i picked up i had to pour out, not spray out.

:grin::grin::grin:what you read, that is what it is. i dont shampoo, at alllllll. :yep:

the rincing out of the conditioner is how my hair gets clean, ricning really really well.

Wow I love how simple is your regimen !
I was already using S-Curl and I am also in a bunnibg challenge for the srping and summer
I'll try to combine both ;-)

Thank you for your reply !!

I'm totally in BUT you said no oil excluding coconut oil so my question is if you have a dry scalp without oil is it safe to use jheri juice on your scalp? And what is the shelf life of Scurl cause um lol my so had a jheri curl "way back in the day" and I found a bottle of scurl. If it'll work I'll use it shoot lol

I'm totally in BUT you said no oil excluding coconut oil so my question is if you have a dry scalp without oil is it safe to use jheri juice on your scalp? And what is the shelf life of Scurl cause um lol my so had a jheri curl "way back in the day" and I found a bottle of scurl. If it'll work I'll use it shoot lol

i use jheri on my hair and scalp, all ovaaa.
i have no idea what the shelf life is, dont worry about that tho lol cuz youll be using it so it wont have time to sit very long:grin:

Thanks, my reggie will be

dc once a week and I'll test your dcing for 4+ hours you have the length to prove it works lol
wash once every 7-10 days
rinse condition with cj h&b
detangle with mhc type 3 and then use my scurl morning and night.
I'll protective style with individual braids w/o extentions
I'll check in weekly and post a before and after pic on the reveal date

I'm so excited this is a great challenge

i use jheri on my hair and scalp, all ovaaa.
i have no idea what the shelf life is, dont worry about that tho lol cuz youll be using it so it wont have time to sit very long:grin:

Thanks, my reggie will be

dc once a week and I'll test your dcing for 4+ hours you have the length to prove it works lol
wash once every 7-10 days
rinse condition with cj h&b
detangle with mhc type 3 and then use my scurl morning and night.
I'll protective style with individual braids w/o extentions
I'll check in weekly and post a before and after pic on the reveal date

I'm so excited this is a great challenge

:grin::grin:im so happy you joined!! we going to have sooo much retention :dance7::yay: by the end of the challenge we all gonna look like-->:locks:

your reggie sounds great! i tried thos little indiv braids and my hair gets tangled. so none of that for me i guess lol. but i will be bunning and wearing side ponys, im pretty much dont with rollerseting at the moment.
thanks for joining this challenge!!

So I used S-curl for the first time last night and my hair feels so soft! I think it may be too soft! I co washed and then put some Scurl on my damp hair and put in some flexirods. My curls came out too soft! :lol: I know it shouldn't be a bad thing, but I haven't stepped outside for work yet and the curls are already falling! But I do like the way my hair feels today vs. yesterday. A big difference. :yep:

So I used S-curl for the first time last night and my hair feels so soft! I think it may be too soft! I co washed and then put some Scurl on my damp hair and put in some flexirods. My curls came out too soft! :lol: I know it shouldn't be a bad thing, but I haven't stepped outside for work yet and the curls are already falling! But I do like the way my hair feels today vs. yesterday. A big difference. :yep:

im so glad you lke it!! and when i rollerset, i mix the juice with lottabody,that way you have the best of both worlds. soft hair AND the hold :yep::yep::yep:

Oops one more question are oyins juices okay too since they have glycerin or do you find the others are more moisturizing? after this I promise no more questions lol

:grin::grin:im so happy you joined!! we going to have sooo much retention :dance7::yay: by the end of the challenge we all gonna look like-->:locks:

your reggie sounds great! i tried thos little indiv braids and my hair gets tangled. so none of that for me i guess lol. but i will be bunning and wearing side ponys, im pretty much dont with rollerseting at the moment.
thanks for joining this challenge!!

Oops one more question are oyins juices okay too since they have glycerin or do you find the others are more moisturizing? after this I promise no more questions lol

I NEVER HEARD OF THESE PRODUCTS BUT I GOTS MY GOOGLE ON JUST NOW! LOL.
t_190_01.jpg
GREG JUICE Ingredients: Purified Water Infused with Rosemary, Nettle, Horsetail, Red Sage, Lavender, & Chamomile, Flaxseed Decoction, Organic Aloe Vera Juice, Vegetable Glycerin, Essences of Rosemary, Lavender, Sweet Orange & YlangYlang, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Vitamin C.

t_756.jpg
FRANK JUICE Ingredients:Purified water infused with horsetail, lavender, nettle, roses, and chamomile; organic flaxseeds; aloe vera juice; vegetable glycerine; essences of lavender, sweet orange, ylang ylang, and rosemary; grapefruit seed extract; citric acid; and love 8 oz
AND SINCE BOTH OF THESE JUICES SEEM TO HAVE GLYCERINE, THEY CAN BE CATEGORIZED AS "THE JUICE:grin:" BUT I THINK THE SCURL AND CARE FREE CURL AND WAVE NOVEAU HAVE MORE GLYCERIN SO THOSE ARE REALLY JUICEY!! THERE FOR MORE MOISTURIZING

@ BOLDED, YOU CAN ASK ME 101 QUESTIONS IF YOU LIKE, ILL ANSWER THEM JUST THE SAME :grin::grin:, I HAVE NOTHING ELSE TO DO AT THIS TIME :grin:, ITS NOT LIKE I GOTTA MAN,:rolleyes: AND IF I DID HAVE ONE, ID STILL BE HERE ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS AHAHAHA

Last edited:
Well I just ventured in here. I'm game. Sign me up. I could really do with some extra moisturising I tend to slack on that:look:.

I tried CFCG and SCurl and I definetly like the SCurl better. I also didn't think the smells were that bad, with the way people were talking I was pretty scared. The smell dissipates pretty quickly anyway so it's not that big a deal. I guess I'll DC this weekend after having my twists in for 2 weeks.

I tried CFCG and SCurl and I definetly like the SCurl better. I also didn't think the smells were that bad, with the way people were talking I was pretty scared. The smell dissipates pretty quickly anyway so it's not that big a deal. I guess I'll DC this weekend after having my twists in for 2 weeks.
yea i never smelled this stuff in my hair, i was wondering what some women were talking about as far as the smell lol:grin:

I've been applying s-curl to my twists, and I have to say they're soooooooooo soft! I don't know why I haven't used it before this challenge.:perplexed

Anywho, I plan on doing a henna treatment this Friday night...does anyone know if it would be okay to use the juice after my treatment?

I like this challenge. I am no good at challenges....I've never even joined one but I will be follwing you guys progress just because I like the juice's, lol

I've used S-Curl, Carefree Curl, and Wave Nuveau since the beginning of my hair journey. I'm not 100% consistent with them because I'm a pj and i jump around a lot. I have to say this thread made me dig out my old bottle of s-curl.:grin:

I definitely think these juices help retain length a lot!:yep: You can't go wrong with them. I know that glycerin in cold weather can dry your hair out because there's no moisture in the air so it actually takes the moisture out of your hair but I've never really had a problem with it. Maybe because I always lock it in with an oil? I'm not really sure.

Good luck ladies!

OH.
MY.
GOODNESS.

I juiced, and I'm an addict already. Here's what I did.

I deep conditioned with ORS replenishing pack applied to dry hair (3 packs to be exact). Added heat while I watched law and order, and then slept in the conditioner with a cap. This morning, I rinsed. I did NOT shampoo as I did not have any product in my hair to begin with.

Applied the HS14n1 to damp hair and proceeded to bun. Right now, hair is about 50% dry, and it feels tremendous. Because I bun most of the time, I was looking for something that would keep my hair from looking dry and crunchy and it looks like this is it! My hair is super soft and silky.

AdoraAdora...:worship2:

And I added it to my DD's hair...just pumped a little in my hand and rubbed it in. Good stuff. I have been looking and looking for something that would define her 4a curls without making it look dry. I have finally found it. This is my new HG product. Seriously. So, I am officially in.

It's so funny- the challenge doesn't even start till April 1st and were already at 26 pages...It must be something to this "juice"!!! :yep: :yep:

I'm in. I did this in undergrad but I had a perm too. Don't know why I did start up again after going natural.

Awww...geez..AdoraAdora, Let me in! I have a dusty bottle around the house that I finally used on my hair today and the softness never ends. I think this will help me keep my transition in check.

I've been applying s-curl to my twists, and I have to say they're soooooooooo soft! I don't know why I haven't used it before this challenge.:perplexed

Anywho, I plan on doing a henna treatment this Friday night...does anyone know if it would be okay to use the juice after my treatment?

i believe the juice is good at anytime, :yep:

I like this challenge. I am no good at challenges....I've never even joined one but I will be follwing you guys progress just because I like the juice's, lol

I've used S-Curl, Carefree Curl, and Wave Nuveau since the beginning of my hair journey. I'm not 100% consistent with them because I'm a pj and i jump around a lot. I have to say this thread made me dig out my old bottle of s-curl.:grin:

I definitely think these juices help retain length a lot!:yep: You can't go wrong with them. I know that glycerin in cold weather can dry your hair out because there's no moisture in the air so it actually takes the moisture out of your hair but I've never really had a problem with it. Maybe because I always lock it in with an oil? I'm not really sure.

Good luck ladies!
i have never had a problem with them either, winter summer, spring or fall:nono:

OH.
MY.
GOODNESS.

I juiced, and I'm an addict already. Here's what I did.

I deep conditioned with ORS replenishing pack applied to dry hair (3 packs to be exact). Added heat while I watched law and order, and then slept in the conditioner with a cap. This morning, I rinsed. I did NOT shampoo as I did not have any product in my hair to begin with.

Applied the HS14n1 to damp hair and proceeded to bun. Right now, hair is about 50% dry, and it feels tremendous. Because I bun most of the time, I was looking for something that would keep my hair from looking dry and crunchy and it looks like this is it! My hair is super soft and silky.

AdoraAdora...:worship2:

And I added it to my DD's hair...just pumped a little in my hand and rubbed it in. Good stuff. I have been looking and looking for something that would define her 4a curls without making it look dry. I have finally found it. This is my new HG product. Seriously. So, I am officially in.

I am so happpy to hear this great newsw!!!!!!! dont ya just live the dry hair DC? its awesome!!!! thanks for this post!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back