The Jheri Juice Challengeeeeee!!! Lets get our retention on point!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all got me really about to stroll through the aisles at the beauty supply store and look for juices. My hair could use some added moisture. Changes in the seasons always leaves my hair yearning for 'something'. And my hair is in a bun 9 time out of 10 anyway. This could be the answer.

Here's my issue though...I don't like parabens. I'm not a total ingredient snob. I tend to stay away from mineral oils and petrolatum, but don't think they're the devil...but parabens...they scare me.

May the Hawaiian Silky 14-n-1?

Do you guys apply to damp hair? or dry? Someone might have gone through this already, but I skipped to the end after page 11 or so...and I didn't the patience to sit through that youtube video because she was talking for the first 5 minutes.

Y'all got me really about to stroll through the aisles at the beauty supply store and look for juices. My hair could use some added moisture. Changes in the seasons always leaves my hair yearning for 'something'. And my hair is in a bun 9 time out of 10 anyway. This could be the answer.

Here's my issue though...I don't like parabens. I'm not a total ingredient snob. I tend to stay away from mineral oils and petrolatum, but don't think they're the devil...but parabens...they scare me.

Do you guys apply to damp hair? or dry? Someone might have gone through this already, but I skipped to the end after page 11 or so...and I didn't the patience to sit through that youtube video because she was talking for the first 5 minutes.

Hey lady,

Well, I have the Hawaiian Silky and unfortunately it has mineral oil in it. Right now, my hair doesn't seem to mind the mineral oil... I really like it tho. I am not sure if they have parabens tho.. I will have to check... And I apply it when my hair is dry and when I am doing my wash and go's..

Congrats on being pregnant too =) I too recently had a baby (well, 8months ago lol)

Last edited:
I juiced last night and this morning. The good is that my hair is moist but not greasy but the bad is my floor is slippery. I nearly fell on my a$$ today cuz I spray so much but I'm loving the results.:grin:

My family told me that I have to go outside on the patio when I juice, they are sick and tired of slipping:lachen:. I'm going to get the gel once I finish this 32oz bottle but by then the challenge may be over:lachen:.

I was also going to suggest gel for some of you ladies. Y'all don't know how to ack with them spray bottles. Got folks slipping and carrying on. THE JUICE IS LOOSE! or try pouring it in to your hands then massaging it in.

Hey lady,

Well, I have the Hawaiian Silky and unfortunately it has mineral oil in it. Right now, my hair doesn't seem to mind the mineral oil... I really like it tho. I am not sure if they have parabens tho.. I will have to check... And I apply it when my hair is dry and when I am doing my wash and go's..

Congrats on being pregnant too =) I too recently had a baby (well, 8months ago lol)

Thanks Mama...I think that's the one I'm gonna check out.

AND CONGRATULATIONS! I had DD 17 months ago, and I keep saying the same thing..."I just recently had my first..." knowing good and well she's not a baby anymore! It's true what they say. They'll always be our babies!

Off to go check out the silky juice :grin:

I know how you feel, I had given up all commerical products until Adora got my hooked on the juice. I've been diluting my juice because S-curl tend to be a bit sticky. However, I apply it on wet or dry hair, it hasn't been an issue with my hair.

wow, everybody slipping and falling off the juice :grin:, im glad to see yall really getting jiggy wit it
327675640l8jt.gif

LMAO @ ^^^^^^^^^^ Adora you are too funny :lachen:

:lachen: Your scalp cant take the juice! That's that growth itch :look:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittiPat
Ooooweeeee! I may have overdone it with "da Juice" because my itchy spots are itching more than normal. I may have to wash on Wednesdays along with my regular Saturday washes. Anyway, I’m happily moisturized, so all is well…

Exactly what does that mean? My scalp is itching like crazy:spinning:. Should I suffer through it or should I make an adjustment? This is quite unusual. I am not using the HS14n1 but before that I used S Curl or my own concoction. WTHeck?:sad: Please tell me that its itchy because its growing and I will gladly ensure the discomfort:yep:

Quote:
Ooooweeeee! I may have overdone it with "da Juice" because my itchy spots are itching more than normal. I may have to wash on Wednesdays along with my regular Saturday washes. Anyway, I’m happily moisturized, so all is well…

Exactly what does that mean? My scalp is itching like crazy:spinning:. Should I suffer through it or should I make an adjustment? This is quite unusual. I am not using the HS14n1 but before that I used S Curl or my own concoction. WTHeck?:sad: Please tell me that its itchy because its growing and I will gladly ensure the discomfort:yep:

Just don't put it on your scalp. Juice is not known to stimulate or aid growth. It just helps with moisture and retention. If your scalp is like mine, It hates stuff being put on it. Listen to your scalp and don't put it there. Try to just put it on the length of your hair.

Just don't put it on your scalp. Juice is not known to stimulate or aid growth. It just helps with moisture and retention. If your scalp is like mine, It hates stuff being put on it. Listen to your scalp and don't put it there. Try to just put it on the length of your hair.

AHA :rolleyes: - I am in cornrows underneath crochet braids so this will be very tricky for me. Hmmm -:scratchch what ta do what ta do?

I have no idea why it's itching hun:look:...let's just hope that it's cause it's growing :crossfingers:

Quote:

Thanks Mama...I think that's the one I'm gonna check out.

AND CONGRATULATIONS! I had DD 17 months ago, and I keep saying the same thing..."I just recently had my first..." knowing good and well she's not a baby anymore! It's true what they say. They'll always be our babies!

Off to go check out the silky juice :grin:

Lol, that's funny, but true! Let me know how the Hawaiian silky works for you!

Currently using S-Curl "Texturizer" Spray (gray and blue bottle). Finally finished a big ol' bottle of S-Curl No-Drip (blue and white bottle). I've been anxious to try HS 14N1 since last summer, but wanted to finish my stash of S-Curl first. Well, I will be picking up some HS and CFC Gold real quick like. :)

Really? I spray it everywhere. I'm loose with the juice :lachen:and yes, I almost busted my a$$ from slippin and slidin on the bathroom floor

Already a part of a couple challenges but it sounds really good so I'm not joining but I'm cheering you guys on from the sidelines!!!!

Can you all hold a defined style when you use the juice? Like a twist-out?

I did a twists once using nothing but curl activator gel and when I undid them they just reverted and lost all definition:ohwell:

can you layer it with other products?

I used CFC gold with water (1 part cfc gold w/ 2 parts water) and over it, I used ecostyler gel.

My hair is STILL soft!
I don't know if it reacts better to the CFC or if it was because today was pretty warm day!

I'll stick with this mixture for now!

:lachen:yep it sure does. that's why michael jackson's hair boiled to high temperatures and exploded into flames!:burning: from that damn jheri juice!

LMAO!!!! It wasn't a real question, but you made a great point :lachen:
Damn you Adora! If you make me buy a bottle of jheri curl juice I'm going to be kicked out of my house.

I just thanked you Adora, i was interested in the challenge but i thought i would not find that down here.SIlly me i found the yellow one and the GOLD one,also found Nouveau. I will buy that tomorrow as i left my card at home today,so no money when i saw it ToT

And is so cheap too im glad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back