The Jheri Juice Challengeeeeee!!! Lets get our retention on point!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I just finished juicing, I poured it in my hands instead of spraying which is a lot better, no slippery floors.

@BMP I am currently rocking a twistout with the juice. I layer it with shea butter and seal with castor oil through out the week. I twisted on saturday and wore the twists for 4 days. My twist out is a little less defined but I think it will make it till tomorrow.

@ maria what hubs don't know wont hurt..... what's one more bottle to join your hair product family? as long as your hair is soft and pretty, I'm sure he won't mind. (chanting) Juice, Juice,juice:beer2:

Hey Adora...I was wondering if it matters what kind of CFC you have? Because I don't have the CFCGold, just the regular ole CFC...is that cool? :look: And what is the difference anyways cause I might go try and find some of this golden juice :grin:

Livin' my life like it's golden...lol ok i'm done :rolleyes:

you know what, i by mistake bouht the cfc in the yellow bottle, and i did not like it :nono:, it was like lotion and it was white & thick.

all i know is, the care free curl GOLD, is the juice. i dont know about the other cfc :ohwell:

I dont think the other ones are glycerine based :nono:

Does the juice affect pre-poo? I want to start doing an overnight pre-poo but I'm not sure how it will interact with the Care Free Curl.

well your not going to be pre pooing everyniight, so you should be fine. the juice is just an everyday moisturizer that all.

Monday night i wanted to wash my hair, than i thought about trying your method and just DC and iam telling you, my hair came out squeaky clean.
Coud not believe it.

:yep::yep: yup, lol i love not using shampoo, the condtioner works just finee!!!! im glad it worked out for you!!:grin:

Y'all got me really about to stroll through the aisles at the beauty supply store and look for juices. My hair could use some added moisture. Changes in the seasons always leaves my hair yearning for 'something'. And my hair is in a bun 9 time out of 10 anyway. This could be the answer.

Here's my issue though...I don't like parabens. I'm not a total ingredient snob. I tend to stay away from mineral oils and petrolatum, but don't think they're the devil...but parabens...they scare me.

May the Hawaiian Silky 14-n-1?

Do you guys apply to damp hair? or dry? Someone might have gone through this already, but I skipped to the end after page 11 or so...and I didn't the patience to sit through that youtube video because she was talking for the first 5 minutes.

Hawaiian silky is just fine :yep::yep: that is also "the juice"

you can apply on damp and dry, whenever your hair needs added moisture.
@bolded thats ok, you can skip here, lol ill just keep answering questions 10times in a row because i have nothing better to do, :grin::grin::grin: (seriously :ohwell: hair is my life) :drunk::spinning:

I put it everywhereeeeeeeeeee, because how could i just put it on my hair without it running down to my scalp? thats impossible for me :grin:, i think it would also be great for those who suffer from dry/flaky scalp :yep:

I thought maybe you used it to seal your ends because someone said it does not promote hair growth just retention, look a few pages back

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittiPat
Ooooweeeee! I may have overdone it with "da Juice" because my itchy spots are itching more than normal. I may have to wash on Wednesdays along with my regular Saturday washes. Anyway, I’m happily moisturized, so all is well…

Exactly what does that mean? My scalp is itching like crazy:spinning:. Should I suffer through it or should I make an adjustment? This is quite unusual. I am not using the HS14n1 but before that I used S Curl or my own concoction. WTHeck?:sad: Please tell me that its itchy because its growing and I will gladly ensure the discomfort:yep:

look lol, my hair itch like crazzy all the time, and enjoy it :look:

but my hair is also longer like every two weeks it seems, its just inching more and more down my rolls (yes i measure my hair by my back rolls)

I thought maybe you used it to seal your ends because someone said it does not promote hair growth just retention, look a few pages back

oh no no no, noo it dont promote hair growth, if that was the case i would have hair to my feet, but it does retain and thats why i like it. :yep:

So what juice seems to be everyone's favorite? CFC gold? I don't know which one to buy. :ohwell:

well my favorte is cfcg, but you have to find out wich one is best for you, i dont use the scurl ON MY HAIR becuase its too light, my hair is veryyyyy thick and heavy so i need a thick and heave formula wich is the care free curl gold. :yep:

Can you all hold a defined style when you use the juice? Like a twist-out?

I did a twists once using nothing but curl activator gel and when I undid them they just reverted and lost all definition:ohwell:

can you layer it with other products?
yesss i have been using care free curl forever and i always rocked twist outttt!!! they held all day and night and were very moisturized,

V V V V V V her is a cold wave rod set that lasted forever and a day, and i still used my cfcg
CIMG0886-vi.jpg

@BMP I am currently rocking a twistout with the juice. I layer it with shea butter and seal with castor oil through out the week. I twisted on saturday and wore the twists for 4 days. My twist out is a little less defined but I think it will make it till tomorrow.

@ maria what hubs don't know wont hurt..... what's one more bottle to join your hair product family? as long as your hair is soft and pretty, I'm sure he won't mind. (chanting) Juice, Juice,juice:beer2:

:angeldevi dont worry afrikurl, we'll get her, we'll gettttt herrrrrrr :gotroasted::mob::evilbanana:

"bostonMaria & BlackMasterPiece" are next<--(laughs devilishly)

Last edited:
hows it going for you so far?

I've been using WOC since I started transitioning in braids. I love it!:yep: It really helps with moisture and retention. As a matter of fact, I think it works much better for me than braid spray. The "juice" is a keeper, I'll continue to use it as long as I continue to transition and when I become 100% natural.

Great job with the challenge!:clap:

I've been using WOC since I started transitioning in braids. I love it!:yep: It really helps with moisture and retention. As a matter of fact, I think it works much better for me than braid spray. The "juice" is a keeper, I'll continue to use it as long as I continue to transition and when I become 100% natural.

thank you

yay!!!!! see man, itS "DAT JUICE" :lachen:

IM REALLY happy its working for you, and everybody else who is on this challenge.

now everybody knows why i keep talking about "the juice"<--dave chapel voice..... its that sh...... :grin:

ok, calming down now

I'm really lovin' my s curl now. I think I may have used too much in the beginning. It's the ONLY thing I've used that keeps my hair moisturized until the evening. I'm trying it tonight without oil for the first time. Wish me luck! :)

I'm really lovin' my s curl now. I think I may have used too much in the beginning. It's the ONLY thing I've used that keeps my hair moisturized until the evening. I'm trying it tonight without oil for the first time. Wish me luck! :)

I wuv that beautiful baby in your siggy....gimme that baby :lachen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back