The hair sticks thread---all about hair sticks (pictures included)

Thank you for sharing and posting these. I have a modest collection of these myself, but haven't seen too many people using these. I'll watch your videos and with a little practice will begin sporting mine more often,..... I even had a lady make a custom one for me.

Again "THANKS!!!!"

Hi @africanqueen456. All of the links where I purchase my hair sticks are at the bottom of my first post. I also posted more links in posts number 4 and number 16 too. :yep:

@wavezncurlz, thank you for all of your pictures. I really adore the Quecraft hair sticks especially in your hair. Your Chinese buns are amazing!!!!!!!! Please tell me how you made yours?

Very nice pics ladies! my go-to accessory is the EZ comb (obviously) but I will be going back to my very small collection of sticks soon (in a sew-in currently). the different looks are so elegant!

Here is the one and only style I have to contribute - a semi french roll with the ends curled: (sorry so small but click to enlarge)

Amoreofcurls. What are you having difficulty with? Perhaps I can help. Did you watch the videos posted above? I found watching videos on YouTube helpful.

I JUST saw those videos, for some reason they didnt even load on my CPU when I first came in here, but that you so much!! the first video was definately helpful, and now I can see what ive been doing wrong...

Thanks for the mentions! Cool new feature, too.

I'm so happy to see an accessory thread. These days I'm not too enthused by products, but I love hair accessories.

I can personally vouch for like 4 of the sticks that Celina mentioned. I have a pair from Barefoot Maiden that I just got and they are so pretty. What's more, she is really wonderful to work with and works hard to make sure you get just what you want:

barefootmaidentwists.jpg

barefootmaidenloose.jpg

These two AliaRose sticks I used in a yin yang bun, as I call it. I don't know its common name or if it even has one:

twistsstickswirl2.jpg

This is ketylo that I used to make a faux figure 8 bun:

figure8ketylo.jpg

This is my Timberstone Turning (etsy) stick:

ttstickoutside_2.jpg

Poor guy. The women over at LHC have worn him out with special requests! This is definitely the piece of have of the highest craftsmanship. I was very impressed when I got it. He inlays stones and shells and what not into wood and polishes it and coats it until it's as smooth as glass. Beautiful work.

This is a cheap stick I got from Ebay. Actually, I got 2 but dropped one and it broke. Guess you get what you pay for. Anyway, I still like my one remaining one because it's so long. I used it to make what I called a croissant bun:
croissantbun1.jpg

These are from JasonsWoodworking on Etsy:
diagonalbun1.jpg

jasonloeropreto1-1.jpg

mwedzi That croissant bun looks delicious! lol I can't wait until I have enough hair to use these pretty hair toys...

Thanks for making the thread, CelinaStarr! :grin:

As soon as I saw the title of this thread I knew it was you Celina:grin:.

Now where did you get the sticks that are in your very last pic of the second post. Those are what I'm looking for. They remind me of a japanese cherry blossoms hair ornament.

I've been browsing some of the links you gave me a while back but i haven't decided on an order yet. I'd love to get the ones like in your last pic though, they all are beautiful!

That half up half down style is soooo pretty!

Last edited:
@mwedzi, thank you for showing us your beautiful pictures. You're one of my hair inspirations. It's so cool that we buy our sticks from the same sellers.

As soon as I saw the title of this thread I knew it was you Celina:grin:.

Now where did you get the sticks that are in your very last pic of the second post. Those are what I'm looking for. They remind me of a japanese cherry blossoms hair ornament.

I've been browsing some of the links you gave me a while back but i haven't decided on an order yet. I'd love to get the ones like in your last pic though, they all are beautiful!

That half up half down style is soooo pretty!

What can I say, lol, lol. :lachen: I'm obsessed with hair sticks, lol. :lol: Thank you Pokahontas. Coming from you this means a lot.

^^^^@Pokahontas, I got these hair sticks from BarefootMaiden. They are called Shades of Romance- Rose Quartz, Garnet and Sterling Silver Dangle Hairsticks. Mine were custom made in 6.75 inches for the usable length and I received the matching earrings for free. BarefootMaiden is very kind and wouldn't mind custom making a pair for you if you ask her. :yep:

I've tried using hair sticks a few times. I bought 3 of them from Claire's, I think.

IMG_0001-vi.jpg

I used the stick as a base to make this bun.
IMG_0006-vi.jpg

30secondupdo-vi.jpg

IMG_0010-vi.jpg

IMG_0028-vi.jpg

I gave up on hair sticks and started using a clip.
IMG_0010-vi.jpg

MAMMA MIA

I just wanted to say your hair is Amazing. In fact, it's more than that. I don't think there's a word I could use to fully describe what I'm feeling, so I'll just settle with this ---> :drool:

I've tried using hair sticks a few times. I bought 3 of them from Claire's, I think.

IMG_0001-vi.jpg

I used the stick as a base to make this bun.
IMG_0006-vi.jpg

30secondupdo-vi.jpg

IMG_0010-vi.jpg

IMG_0028-vi.jpg

I gave up on hair sticks and started using a clip.
IMG_0010-vi.jpg
Yes!....I love alligator clips! I use them all the time. So quick and easy. Only thing that bothers me about these are the little teeth that some of them have but other than that...love them.

just ordered some items from quecraft ... her stuff is awesome

if I like the things, I'll order some for christmas presents

naturalmanenyc, beautiful! I've never used the before but I like the way the alligator clips look. That clip looks gorgeous in your pretty hair!

SimJam, I can't wait to see pics! :yay: Did you happen to order the butterfly hair stick by any chance? :grin:

I really like these hair sticks! :love:

Spooked Jack O' Lantern Glow-in-the-Dark Pumpkin Hair sticks from Aliarose:

DSC02099-vi.jpg

I never knew I loved pumpkins so much but her pumpkin hair sticks are adorable.

Thank you for all of the gorgeous pictures ladies. I can't wait to see more.

^^^ those are so cute :lol: do you have pumpkin scrubs to match? I ordered some halloween and christmas scrubs yesterday...I couldn't help myself :nono:

I LOVE Barefoot Maiden!!!

When i get a chance i'll post pics of the sticks i got from her. I have a pair and i also have a stick that she specially made for me....its a quartz rose....rose quartz??...Elephant and it has a tiny heart made out of....what do you call those crystals???...swavorsky ??? crystal...but red...that dangle on it. I LOVE it!!

I love this thread! :love:

Those videos are really informative. I've tried using hair sticks before and couldn't get them to work. I see now it was my technique. I'll try again, and post pics when I do (if I'm sucessful :lol:).

naturalmanenyc, beautiful! I've never used the before but I like the way the alligator clips look. That clip looks gorgeous in your pretty hair!

SimJam, I can't wait to see pics! :yay: Did you happen to order the butterfly hair stick by any chance? :grin:

I almost got that one ... but I ended up chosing 2 of those double pronged hair pins and a cuff bracelet

Im only barely SL so I know I wont be able to do buns for now but I still have the urge to stock up on these longer hair accessories

^^^ those are so cute :lol: do you have pumpkin scrubs to match? I ordered some halloween and christmas scrubs yesterday...I couldn't help myself :nono:

@BillsBackerz67, no, :lol: When it comes to my choice of clothing I'm more of a Plain Jane. I wear my solid blue scrubs almost everyday. I like the plain solid colors. I make up for being plain with my hair accessories. I bet those Halloween and Christmas scrubs are going to look cute on you. :yep:

I plan on buying Christmas/winter hair sticks. I already have my Fall ones.

So.....i'm mad.:mad:

I wanted to post pics of my sticks but my sister's camera is acting funny so i'll wait til she uploads them since she might know how to work it.:wallbash:

I'll be SO glad when i get my own camera.....i wish i could find a decent one for like $50-$70 bucks.

:lol: I had to ask. ALL of my scrubs are solid as well, im not into the busy prints :nono:. But for some reason I really liked the tops i ordered :lol: I just have to make sure I don't accidentally wear them off season :look:

@BillsBackerz67, no, :lol: When it comes to my choice of clothing I'm more of a Plain Jane. I wear my solid blue scrubs almost everyday. I like the plain solid colors. I make up for being plain with my hair accessories. I bet those Halloween and Christmas scrubs are going to look cute on you. :yep:

I plan on buying Christmas/winter hair sticks. I already have my Fall ones.

Many of the sellers that make hair sticks hand make their items so there is usually only one copy available. But many do take requests for duplicates. If you are looking for a particular hair stick that I have let me know and I will tell you the seller and name of the hair stick so that you can request a duplicate. :yep:

The names and sellers of all of my hair sticks are in my Fotki in my hair sticks album Or you can ask here. :yep:.

Some of my collection. These are all from Ketylo Hairsticks Home Page :

DSC01883-vi.jpg

^^^^^From top to bottom:
1) Dymondwood Tahitian Jadewood
2) Dymondwood Colonial Chestnut
3) Dymondwood Tropical Passionwood
4) Dymondwood Carnival
5) Dymondwood Vineyard
6) Dymondwood Charcoal Silvertone
7) Dymondwood Fuchsia
8) Dymondwood Turquoise Gemwood

I buy all of my sticks in pairs and they're all 7 inches long.

I bought these from from Anafiassa at wonder and whimsy artifacts of the imagination by anafiassa :

DSC02126-vi.jpg

^^^^From left to right:

1) Outlaw of Mar Sara - StarCraft Hairsticks with matching earrings.
2) Queen of Blades - StarCraft Hairsticks with matching earrings.
3) Selendis, High Executor - StarCraft Hairsticks with matching earrings.
4) Sunset on the Sea hair sticks. I received two free pairs of matching earrings with these.

I have a 3rd pair of matching earrings for my Sunset on the Sea hair sticks that's not pictured. I will try to take a picture of them later this month.

These are from Raven's Lair:

DSC01826-vi.jpg

^^^From left to right: Your True North Stainless Steel Hair Stick Set, Arwen Evenstar, Sterling Silver and Green Leaf Aluminum Hair Sticks

The Sterling Silver and Green Leaf Aluminum Hair Sticks came with matching earrings:

DSC01815-vi.jpg

All of these are from Aliarose at Aliarose by Aliarose on Etsy :

DSC02128-vi.jpg

^^^^From left to right:

1) The free hair stick that I received with my orders. It has an Alexandrite topper that changes colors. It only has a usable length of about 5.5 inches but it this one little stick holds my hair very well.
2) Marigold 'Tangerine Gem' Botanical Hairsticks
3) Spooked Jack O' Lantern Glow-in-the-Dark Pumpkin Hairsticks

These are from BarefootMaiden:

DSC01978-vi.jpg

^^^From left to right: Spice Goddess and "Shades of Romance hair sticks with matching earrings. Both of these were custom made with a stick (usable) length of 6.75 inches.

These are from NightBlooming:

DSC01980-vi.jpg

^^^^^The green set of hair sticks are called "Tree of Sorrow" and the red set of hair sticks are called "Autumns Grandeur". They both came with matching earrings.

More from NightBlooming:

DSC02019-vi.jpg

^^^^From left to right: "Les Feuilles Mortes- Autumn Jasper" and "Red Tachikata Geisha Fan" hair sticks sets. Both came with matching earrings.

Back