The hair sticks thread---all about hair sticks (pictures included)

My new hairstick! Etsy vendor quecraft. It took over 4 weeks to get here, but it was worth the wait.

picture.php

picture.php

Pretty makemild
That's the only reason why I don't order from Quecraft much. The wait is long! Her stuff is nice and the price is reasonable though.

I just ordered these from Purple Moon Designs who has some of her sticks on sale.

Attachments

• pink hair stick.jpg
    pink hair stick.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 26
  • purple moon design.jpg
    purple moon design.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 29
wavezncurlz

Thanks!

Checked out Purple Moon Designs. I am trying to hold out on purchasing anything hair related until 4th quarter of this year. I think I have enough hair toys!

Last edited:
makemild, that's really cute!!! The butterfly (or is it a dragonfly?) is adorable. Beautiful hair, too.

Pretty @makemild
That's the only reason why I don't order from Quecraft much. The wait is long! Her stuff is nice and the price is reasonable though.

Her work is very nice and the prices are inexpensive. For something so nice you'd think they'd be more expensive. I agree with the wait time, because I always worry about stuff getting lost in the mail. If it weren't for the wait time I would definitely buy from her more often.

jupitermoon

Thanks! I have stuff in my favorites list to buy later in the year. I was going to post another pic of my hair from today, but didn't take any pics! I got alot of compliments on the hairstick I had in today.

Oh and it's a dragonfly. They were calling to me so I got two :).

@makemild, that's really cute!!! The butterfly (or is it a dragonfly?) is adorable. Beautiful hair, too.

Her work is very nice and the prices are inexpensive. For something so nice you'd think they'd be more expensive. I agree with the wait time, because I always worry about stuff getting lost in the mail. If it weren't for the wait time I would definitely buy from her more often.

Miss this thread :(....I still have all my hairsticks and hair candy tucked away for when I get back to having really long hair:yep:

Pretty sticks y'all!

I picked up a zebra and giraffe hairstick on my trip to South Africa. They are made of some kind of bone.

My hair is in crochet braids, using Freetrss Bohemian Braid in #2 & #4/27.

hairsticksgiraffezebra-vi.jpg

I'm so sad... I broke my two "everyday" hair sticks. The only good thing is I now have a valid reason (excuse-lol) to buy some more...

jupitermoon - love the bangs! I have long since grown out my bangs but sometimes I wear them out. They are way too long. I may get them cut for styling purposes.

naturalmanenyc - I'm jealous you went to South Africa! Nice souvenir!

SmilingElephant - stick around, you'll be wearing sticks before you know it.

Candy828 - I'm glad you like them. Isn't it weird how the pictures don't always depict the sticks well? Sometimes my favorite ones are not the ones I would have picked based on the picture alone.

goldielocs - I hate when that happens!

I picked up a zebra and giraffe hairstick on my trip to South Africa. They are made of some kind of bone.

My hair is in crochet braids, using Freetrss Bohemian Braid in #2 & #4/27.

hairsticksgiraffezebra-vi.jpg

Those are beautiful & l like your hair too:grin:

Yesterday, I got bangs cut. Today I'm wearing red Ketylos:

Side bangs:
DSC03398-vi.jpg

DSC03400-vi.jpg

Red Ketylos:

DSC03399-vi.jpg
Ketylos are my favorite style of hairstick. That color works quite nicely with your hair:yep:

darn it I kept reading and I see I need apl hair to rock these. I love hair sticks and OP I loae firt post like yours. So much info and your hair is thick and pretty. I can't wait to wear these or make buns.

Droid typing leads to typos for me

Geminigirl, I've been able to use hairsticks and my hair isn't APL yet. If your hair in the front isn't long enough, you can do a pompadour until it grows out.

I tried out sticks using some inexpensive ones I found at a BSS to see if they would work.

And then I bought these.

I later invested in some fancier ones.

And then I got in on the Ketylos sale buy 3 get one free. Here's one I wore. Ignore the look on my face.:nono:

StephElise - Thanks for the pics, I ended up being in the same boat of having short hair once I BC'ed and after buying my first hair sticks. I kind of just put them aside because I didn't know how to use them with short hair. Those are great styles that I think I will try this week.

This thread has led me down the path to hair toy addiction :D. I love it! I've now got 2 Barefoot Maiden sets, 7 flexi-8's, a couple of HairZings, and a Lady Idun acrylic stick on the way. I'm wearing one stick from a set I got a few years ago but didn't know how to use. Thanks for the tutorial links. I'm pretty sure that I also have influenced my best friend to get on the hair stick bandwagon.

Beautiful sticks ladies!!

Special Request:
Would those with shorter hair (Shoulder Length-Arm Pit Length) mind doing VIDEOS on how to use hairsticks ... I thought my hair had to be much longer to use them successfully... I'm really inspired by the pics but I learn better from seeing it in action

Also if you know of some other youtube videos showing how to use them on shorter hair could you post a link?

I would have done his for you if I had seen this post earlier. Unfortunately, I shampooed my hair this morning and it's back to the wash-n-go. Basically I rolled my sides to the back of my head, pinned that down with some Bobby pins, then did a French twist and pinned that down with the hair stick. It held like a rock.

Here's a video of pretty much what I did. I only used one stick though, and it went kinda diagonal through the twist

Last edited:
Today I wore one Spice Goddess stick from Barefoot Maiden:

il_570xN.164694730.jpg

DSC03485-vi.jpg

I haven't washed my bangs since Monday and they don't look bad:

DSC03477-vi.jpg

See the really short curl on the end?:

DSC03478-vi.jpg

^^^^That's the piece of short hair along my hairline that I added to the bangs.

I like the one hair stick look like mwedzi

Nice stick. I do like the one stick look. I wore it today, with a custom order from Long Hair Loom. She puts beads on ketylos, but I ordered the bead separately, sent it to her, and had her mount it on the ketylo. This is the bead I ordered:

http://www.etsy.com/transaction/50950210

She mounted it with some small gold findings on a 7" ketylo, some natural wood, don't know what it is.

ketylo_lampwork.jpg

In my hair:
ketylo_lampwork2-2.jpg

Nice stick. I do like the one stick look. I wore it today, with a custom order from Long Hair Loom. She puts beads on ketylos, but I ordered the bead separately, sent it to her, and had her mount it on the ketylo. This is the bead I ordered:

http://www.etsy.com/transaction/50950210

She mounted it with some small gold findings on a 7" ketylo, some natural wood, don't know what it is.

ketylo_lampwork.jpg

In my hair:
ketylo_lampwork2-2.jpg

Very Nice!:yep: I like it very much!

mwedzi I never thought of using my own beads. I like the result
jupitermoon - the red looks nice against your dark hair.

I just received these sticks today from http://www.etsy.com/shop/PacificMerchantile?page=4

I love how smooth his acrylic sticks are. The 7inches are my favorite. I love this color:
brownsticks.jpg

I have a number of coin jewelry pieces. I thought this one went well with my collection:
coinstick2.jpg

coinstick.jpg

ETA: He always adds a bonus stick. This time it's a blonde colored wooden stick. It's really pretty. Action pictures later.

Last edited:
Back