The hair sticks thread---all about hair sticks (pictures included)

Happy to oblige. :grin: One of a pair of Mei Fa long hair sticks:
twistout_Mei_Fa_3.jpg

twistout_Mei_Fa_2.jpg
Yes thanks lady it's lovely!!, how long did it take for delivery?....also the hair stick from Timberstone turnings...dang he's got a long waiting list. I might have to wait until around x-mas to get on it....how long did he take to send you that custom made hair stick???...I really like that one too.

Yes thanks lady it's lovely!!, how long did it take for delivery?....also the hair stick from Timberstone turnings...dang he's got a long waiting list. I might have to wait until around x-mas to get on it....how long did he take to send you that custom made hair stick???...I really like that one too.

Thanks! TimberstoneTurnings had a sale in March. It was just 10% off + free shipping, but that was enough to about triple or quadruple his normal custom order list. If you compare the March custom list to the April custom list, you'll see what I mean. He's actually making it through at a pretty fast clip. It seems he's putting out orders now that were placed about a month ago. You'll notice I'm not too far from the top of his list now. :yay: Anyway, given the March sale, it might take a month to get your stick. Normally it seems to take 1-2 weeks.

The Mei Fas I got off the swap/sell board over on LHC.

Hi Mwedz!

Yes, they are the Honey Hive topper.

Pretty! Those middle ones have the Honey Hive topper, right? I was just looking at those and drooling.

Well, I'm having another custom stick made at Timberstone Turnings. on Etsy. I love his sticks. As a reminder, this is what my 1 hair stick by him looks like

lazywraptwists-vi.jpg

And here are sticks he's sold. Aren't they gorgeous!? They are artwork for your hair:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/TimberstoneTurnings/sold

mwedzi
I love that hairstick but I love how your twistout looks. I'd never get such defined "outs" in my life!

I just ordered some Ketylo sticks - so excited! They will be my first. He has a buy 3 get one free sale going on now through the end of the month.

Sale! Sale! Sale! Buy 3 Ketylo Hairsticks and get the 4th for FREE.
Just email Kevin for your choice of the 4th Hairstick! April 1 - April 30

http://www.ketylo.com/servlet/StoreFront

Yay - I love the idea of hairsticks but was clueless. I purchased two sets from a BSS last year but couldn't use them - didn't know how to do so successfully. They are the cheap plastic kind - it was just for trying them out. Entywho, I saw NaturalHairMane (??) using one in a YouTube video and decided to try it. I have one in now! Okay its not the neatest or fanciest but my hair in in place and it feels as if nothing is holding it there. No tension whatsoever. Now I'm ready to dive into deeper waters to buy some cute ones - yay

Thanks guys for suggesting Etsy for beautiful hair accessories. I found some really pretty hair sticks here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/LadyIdun?ref=top_trail

Their hair sticks are really unique - they have lots of unusual color combinations and they are made from acrylic. So you don't have to worry about your wet/damp hair or styling products ruining your hair sticks. Bonus: these hair sticks are as smooth as glass - no hair snagging!!! Yippee :grin:

Yes I do them on wet hair and let them dry if I can...that's probably the big problem. Sometimes the roots are still damp and by the end of the day frizz city....you think shea butter might hold the shape longer, I would love to have second day defined braidouts....thanks for you response.:grin:

Yes I do them on wet hair and let them dry if I can...that's probably the big problem. Sometimes the roots are still damp and by the end of the day frizz city....you think shea butter might hold the shape longer, I would love to have second day defined braidouts....thanks for you response.:grin:

If definition is the most important thing, anything that softens my hair or would add moisture to it actually would make my hair less defined. If it was soft and moisturized, it would puff up. The most defined twist outs I can get are with using no product at all. For those in that photo, I used Kimmaytube's leave in, but it may have had little to no oil, just the Knot Today and the aloe vera gel. My twist outs last all week.

wavezncurlz, here are the new sticks:

DSC03026-vi.jpg

From top to bottom left to right:

1) Ketylo Dymondwood Vineyard hair sticks with All About Flowers toppers
2) Ketylo black acrylic hair sticks with Peared Green toppers.
3) Ketylo Dymondwood Agatewood hair sticks with Crackled Scepter toppers
4) Ketylo Dymondwood Sunny Skies hair sticks with Sunny Skies toppers
5) Ketylo white acrylic hair sticks with White Washed Jasper toppers

All sticks have a usable length of 6 inches and are from www.longhairloom.com/stickshome.html

DSC03024-vi.jpg

My scalp is starting to itch. So I'm washing my straight hair out today or tomorrow. Straight hair is harder for me to maintain but it's easier to style while straight because it's not as thick and bulky.

With my straight hair my Ficarres don't hurt and can easily hold all of my hair:

DSC03042-vi.jpg

DSC03043-vi.jpg

DSC03044-vi.jpg

DSC03046-vi.jpg

DSC03047-vi.jpg

I like the look of hair combs in my straight hair too and they easily hold my hair:

DSC03036-vi.jpg

DSC03037-vi.jpg

DSC03038-vi.jpg

DSC03039-vi.jpg

I can easily get one hair stick to hold my straight hair:

DSC03041-vi.jpg

I like my natural hair too but using my hair toys in straight hair is fun.

wavezncurlz, Ketylos are the only hair sticks I buy now. I prefer the 7 inch sticks plain and the 6 inch sticks with toppers. I do have 7 inch sticks with toppers but I think they look best worn as singles and not as pairs. So I am still wearing them but I prefer the 6 inch sticks with toppers.

Strangely, I exercised yesterday and rode my horse today and my straight hair still didn't sweat all the way out. I know I really should wash my hair now, but I just don't feel like it. At this point I plan on wearing my hair straight as long as its lasts. The edges have become frizzy but overall my hair is still pretty straight. I thought I would have sweat my hair out by now.

Okay, here are some 7 inch Ketylos with toppers. I think they look best worn as singles. When I wear my hair natural again I'm going to work on getting one stick to hold my hair. mwedzi, does it all the time and her hair is also natural and thick. I like the look of one stick holding the hair:

DSC03050-vi.jpg

DSC03053-vi.jpg

DSC03057-vi.jpg

DSC03058-vi.jpg

DSC03063-vi.jpg

Okay, here are some 7 inch Ketylos with toppers. I think they look best worn as singles. When I wear my hair natural again I'm going to work on getting one stick to hold my hair. @mwedzi, does it all the time and her hair is also natural and thick. I like the look of one stick holding the hair:

DSC03057-vi.jpg

Nice ketylos. This one and the matching earrings are my favorite. I don't have as much hair as you, but I can get it up with one stick.

And I love the Ficcares! They are my favorite. What is the first one (looks kind of orange)? Is it coming out true to color in that picture?

mwedzi, the Ficcare is a caramel color. It's from the Border II Maximas Collection. It's called Caramel With Gold and it's a size large.

The hair stick is from Sticks and Stones. It's a 7 inch Ketylo Purpleheart hair stick with Blushing Lime toppers.

Back