The hair sticks thread---all about hair sticks (pictures included)

Today I'm wearing hair sticks from Dressy Tresses:

DSC03531-vi.jpg

mwedzi I never thought of using my own beads. I like the result
jupitermoon - the red looks nice against your dark hair.

I just received these sticks today from http://www.etsy.com/shop/PacificMerchantile?page=4

I love how smooth his acrylic sticks are. The 7inches are my favorite. I love this color:
brownsticks.jpg

I have a number of coin jewelry pieces. I thought this one went well with my collection:
coinstick2.jpg

coinstick.jpg

ETA: He always adds a bonus stick. This time it's a blonde colored wooden stick. It's really pretty. Action pictures later.

In my hair:

DSCN1776.jpg

These greys are ridiculous!
DSCN1780.jpg

Couldn't get a good in hair picture with the bonus stick
DSCN1784.jpg

Just wanted to share this email from Crystal Mood

Crystalmood.com has really good prices so with the deal, it might be of interest to those who want to take the hair stick plunge...

30% Off For 2 Selected Wood Hair Sticks
More than 200 wood hair sticks and hair prongs/forks in peachwood, boxwood, lignum-vitae, rosewood and ebony are on sale for this week! Select any 2 qualified hair sticks or prongs and save 30% each. Offer expires 7/24. So hurry up!

How to:
1. Browse wood hair sticks or wood hair prongs/forks category, and look for "30% Off When Buy 2" sign under each product.
2. Add 2 or more qualified hair sticks to your cart, and the discount will apply automatically.
3.There is no limit how many qualified hair sticks or hair forks you can buy during the promotion.
4. 30% only applied to the qualified items. If you have other items in the cart, the discount will only apply to the subtotal of qualified items.

Thanks so much jupitermoon! I haven't been in the hair forum for a while, but I've been stalking this thread and love all the beautiful hair sticks. I just ordered a few from crystalmoon, but I need that glass stick!! It's stunning.

Thanks so much jupitermoon! I haven't been in the hair forum for a while, but I've been stalking this thread and love all the beautiful hair sticks. I just ordered a few from crystalmoon, but I need that glass stick!! It's stunning.

jupitermoon
Thanks for answering truequeen06

Thanks for the compliment truequeen06. I have only worn it like 2x on special occasions. It is like a piece of art and I'm scared to break it.

Now one of my latest from Eaduard Hairsticks - He's topping his wood sticks and his prices are still good.

photo30.jpg

jupitermoon
Thanks for answering truequeen06

Thanks for the compliment truequeen06. I have only worn it like 2x on special occasions. It is like a piece of art and I'm scared to break it.

Now one of my latest from Eaduard Hairsticks - He's topping his wood sticks and his prices are still good.

photo30.jpg

I just bought one. I can't wait until I get it!

I want to order from eaduard and sticks and stones. They're all so pretty, I want them all.

Sent from my Samsung Epic

Thanks to this thread, I just ordered my first pair of sticks! I think these will be great for me since I tend to break the thick good hair bands easily. :sad:

I just bought one. I can't wait until I get it!

I want to order from eaduard and sticks and stones. They're all so pretty, I want them all.

Sent from my Samsung Epic

Thanks to this thread, I just ordered my first pair of sticks! I think these will be great for me since I tend to break the thick good hair bands easily. :sad:

I'm the hairstick pusha! :) LOL

Ok, you know you have to share your "action shots" when you get them!

:lol: @ action shots. I'm still trying to find some new ways to bun with only hair sticks. So far I liked these the best http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sBAz9Z_2uo&feature=related (I tried them out with one of those chopsticks you get from takeout :blush3:

Practice makes perfect. :yep: Some days I still use a scrunchy on the bottom and spread out my bun to cover the scrunchy before I insert the stick. It just depends on how my hair wants to behave and the type of stick I'm using.

Is this not the cutest stick? My girls love my fun sticks. They thought it was so silly. Just ordered it.

Attachments

• ladybug.jpg
    ladybug.jpg
    487.4 KB · Views: 61
I want sticks! Like now though. Is there anywhere I can purchase them on the ground? If not I'll use etsy...but I don't wanna. I went on a French site today Bigeux or something and they had beautiful forks but they were over 60 POUNDS.

I want sticks! Like now though. Is there anywhere I can purchase them on the ground? If not I'll use etsy...but I don't wanna. I went on a French site today Bigeux or something and they had beautiful forks but they were over 60 POUNDS.

I'd get some chopsticks. a knitting needle, or some inexpensive ones from a the Beauty Supply Store. My first stick was so cute; it had bling and was less than 5 bucks.

sigpic49019_7.jpg

I'd get some chopsticks. a knitting needle, or some inexpensive ones from a the Beauty Supply Store. My first stick was so cute; it had bling and was less than 5 bucks.

sigpic49019_7.jpg

Your buns are sooo pretty! I need a tutorial :grin: My buns always end up looking really small.

I've been peeping this thread and think i'm officially ready to get my absolute first stick or pair of sticks. Can one of you hairstick pro's (or all of you :giggle:) please recommend a nice starter set that won't kill my bank account? i'd like to purchase something today if possible that can arrive in 2 weeks or less for my first go at this. Thanks in advance :)

I've been peeping this thread and think i'm officially ready to get my absolute first stick or pair of sticks. Can one of you hairstick pro's (or all of you :giggle:) please recommend a nice starter set that won't kill my bank account? i'd like to purchase something today if possible that can arrive in 2 weeks or less for my first go at this. Thanks in advance :)

Try your beauty supply store for really inexpensive ones.

See post 514 for link to Crystal Mood. They have a good variety and some sticks are really cheap. Also they always have good sales. They ship fast too.

Quecraft on etsy is cheap but I can't wait for a month for her stuff to come from vietnam. My last order never arrived and I got my money back after 60 days of waiting.

Try your beauty supply store for really inexpensive ones.

See post 514 for link to Crystal Mood. They have a good variety and some sticks are really cheap. Also they always have good sales. They ship fast too.

Quecraft on etsy is cheap but I can't wait for a month for her stuff to come from vietnam. My last order never arrived and I got my money back after 60 days of waiting.
Thanks! i will check out Crystal Mood this weekend and order my first pair. how exciting

I got my glass stick today!! It's so pretty, but short. I think I'm going to ask him to make a longer one for me.

I got my first hair sticks today! The seller included a freebie, and I honestly I like it better than what I ordered. I am ordering more as soon as I get back home! I'm not sure why my bun looks so big but I'll take it. lol

a6cd085f-98db-0f6d.jpg

Back