The Full WL by 2009 Challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your hair looks great!!! The color looks rich & healthy. :yep: I think we're around the same length now.

As for this challenge, I have no clue where I'm at length-wise. Haven't straightened since I got it relaxed. I'll be checking in with ya'll either at the end of this month or the end of Jan at the latest.

Aww thanks. I feel kinda bald headed although I like my cut :look:. I don't know why. Yes please do check in I love your hair.

Absolutely beautiful! Your hair looks super healthy and I think the color is great. What brand rinse did you use? Girl, those nice blunt ends are making me impatient for my next trim in Feb!

I used the color showers it's a Dominican product. Let me go look at the bottle. It says Banos de color. Lady Flor. I like it. It's my second time using it and I still have some left in the bottle. I would love to see your pics after your trim if you can.

I used the color showers it's a Dominican product. Let me go look at the bottle. It says Banos de color. Lady Flor. I like it. It's my second time using it and I still have some left in the bottle. I would love to see your pics after your trim if you can.
Will do :) Is Lady Flor the color of the product?

nov014-vi.jpg

So here is a pic of my hair cut. This is a fresh rollerset so some parts wont lay straight but it is blunt. No more V no more layers. I love it. All one length...well except my so called bang. I also did a dark brown rinse. After I saw Aliajp's and Kari107(?) hair and how the ends were so flawless and blunt at WL I was ready to cut mine lol. So this is it. Do yall like it?

Oh I love it! It looks very thick and healthy. I miss my layers, as my hair grew it just kinda went away. I am thinking of growing my hair waist length then adding layers. I'll probably chicken out LOL so we'll see. My V just kinda disappeared too, but it might be because of the MegaTek I was applying over the summer. Anyway the blunt cut looks beautiful! How many inches did they have to cut?

BTW the Color Showers, is that a permanent hair dye? I've never tried it. I used to get the Cellophane at the salon years ago.

I was looking for this thread the other day and couldnt find it...Well update I relaxed after 11 week stretch and I got lots of growth but I trimmed and ended up with cutting about 2 inches off..Which puts me at the same length I was Sept...

Im happy I trimmed though..I love the way fresh cut ends look

My new pic after my trim is in my Signature

I was looking for this thread the other day and couldnt find it...Well update I relaxed after 11 week stretch and I got lots of growth but I trimmed and ended up with cutting about 2 inches off..Which puts me at the same length I was Sept...

Tracycee, aren't you waist length already? I'm a big fan of your hair! Its gorgeous :yep:

nov014-vi.jpg

So here is a pic of my hair cut. This is a fresh rollerset so some parts wont lay straight but it is blunt. No more V no more layers. I love it. All one length...well except my so called bang. I also did a dark brown rinse. After I saw Aliajp's and Kari107(?) hair and how the ends were so flawless and blunt at WL I was ready to cut mine lol. So this is it. Do yall like it?

I love it.....Very pretty..Love the color

Oh I love it! It looks very thick and healthy. I miss my layers, as my hair grew it just kinda went away. I am thinking of growing my hair waist length then adding layers. I'll probably chicken out LOL so we'll see. My V just kinda disappeared too, but it might be because of the MegaTek I was applying over the summer. Anyway the blunt cut looks beautiful! How many inches did they have to cut?

BTW the Color Showers, is that a permanent hair dye? I've never tried it. I used to get the Cellophane at the salon years ago.

Aw thanks! I think I would want layer again later. But it would probably layered in the front instead of the back. But we will have to see wants we get there like you said lol. My dh did the cutting and since it was in a v shape anywhere from 4 to 3 to 2 inches lol. All those layers. But I like the cut. I'm happy I got it.

Oh the color showers are not permanent.It is a rinse. The bottle I have says its all natural. I remember Esani was ranting about them changing the formula a couple of months ago. So I don't know how the newer ones work.

nov014-vi.jpg

I love it!! Your hair is beautiful, and I love those thick, blunt ends.

Oh I love your hair Traycee :lick:. I know your dh can't keep his hand out of it lol.

I was thinking about trying to at least scrape hiplength by the end of 2009....but i think i'm gonna keep trimming at full wsl when i reach it to keep my ends looking thicker. My sister told me yesterday that my hair is pretty but compared to some of the other girls on here....even though my hair is thick.....my hair looks skinny!:grin::blush::ohwell::perplexed:wallbash:

So i really wanna figure out how i can i get my nape to grow a little faster....it has been really growing this year too....i had a NL-SL nape at the beginning of this yr and now its CBL....so i'm hoping next year i can get it to BSB or BSL to kinda fill out the "anorexia" in my hair....:spinning: lol

Hello ladies! I am new and only just joined the forum but I please hop in and join the challenge?

My hair used to be waist length (sigh) and thick and full but after nearly 2 years of weekly flat iron and no proper treatment it is now dull, thin and extremely dry (and layered, which makes it worse)... I want to try and restore it to its former self! I expect it'll take at least 4 years to grow it all back, but if it could be just a bit thinker and a bit longer by October i would be happy!

Omg, i hope i make it this year, i just did a trim that puts me bk at the brastrap with at few hairs at the bottom of it. Blah, i swear my hair growth is good, but the straightening has had me have to trim my ends more than i would have liked too. I still need about 2-3 inches to get wsl in the bk, so i hope to retain that by October, which is my bday month!

I am so far away from WL so can't even pretend to be in this challenge, but I love coming to this thread for some inspiration. All your heads of hair are gorgeous, hopefully I will be singing the same song in the full WL by 2010 challenge

Ain't this the truth...LOL!

Hmm, I relaxed my hair on 12/31/08. Yesterday made two months post (due to short Feb). I have an inch of new growth. So I think I'm doing better now because 1/2 an inch per month is good enough for me. I'd like to thank, vigorous exercise, daily green smoothies with superfood powder, being 85 to 90 % raw for the last couple of months and drinking approximately 2 liters of water per day. I pray I can keep this (1/2 inch per month) all year. I'm taking FULL advantage of the hot summer too.

eta: Also, I am singing the praises once again of QP Elasta Mango Butter and Nexxus Emergence Every two weeks. My hair is stronger than ever.

Hey ladies. I got a relaxer a week ago and decided not to trim. My ends look pretty decent, so I decided to keep them. Let's see how long until I decide to get rid of them. With that said, I think I've gotten to full WL. Check out the picture and tell me what you think. I drew a line around the narrowest part of my torso to show where my waist is. Unfortunately, I'm almost 2 months post partum and my waist is now where to be found!!

Attachments

• 006edit.jpg
    006edit.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 124
Hey ladies. I got a relaxer a week ago and decided not to trim. My ends look pretty decent, so I decided to keep them. Let's see how long until I decide to get rid of them. With that said, I think I've gotten to full WL. Check out the picture and tell me what you think. I drew a line around the narrowest part of my torso to show where my waist is. Unfortunately, I'm almost 2 months post partum and my waist is now where to be found!!
Your hair is spectacular! What's your ultimate hair goal?

You're definitely there! Congrats!

Beautiful hair...and CONGRATS ON YOUR BABY!

Oh yes! I love it. And yes you are full WL. It's so purrty

Back