THE DH's and THE SO's! What do they really think?

Shoot my husband actually thinks he's an authority on black women's hair:lachen: since I've been on this board just the other day my girlfriend was over and was asking about dandruff and her started in with maybe she should try co/washes and washing her hair offten and maybe trying glovers liquid or ordering MTG :lachen:I just sat there with my mouth dropped to the floor with a look of shoock.:eh: (but godbless heart with his Native American self). And funny part she was actually was paying attention:ohsnap: and went and brought it. Then asked so what I thought and all I say is yeah what he said.:blush: But he's very supportive in my hair journey to longer lengths. :heart2:And is loving my hair now I can't keep his nose out of it.:kisslips: my hair that is:lachen:

My former SO was so skeptical about everything at first. "That's a weave!" "Black people don't have hair like that!" "You really believe she can grow hair that fast?"

The people he was talking about have some of the greatest heads of hair I seen too :(

LHCF is contagious though. Within months he was cowashing, trying to stop hair from falling off his big head and then he wanted me to start threads about his receding hairline lol.

Since I just joined, my FH doesn't really know what I'm about to get into. He's highly amused by my biweekly "Day of Beauty" as we call it, so once I start with Ovation and cowashes and all these wet buns, he's going to really trip out. Thankfully, he's happy with whatever I do to my hair, and as much as he claims he doesn't care if I cut it, I know he'd be shocked.

DH had a fit about the Pibbs! But he bought it. Last Wed he asked" isn't it wash day? and the coffee?? He just walked out the room. He loves Hairveda but how am I going to convince him to get me that steamer for my b-day? MMMmmmm

Cute stories ladies!

My partner has been supportive from the beginning. When I BCed, he helped me cut the back. Just last week I was talking about flat ironing my hair and he was like, "no don't do it, won't that cause damage?" I was like, "Not if i do it right," and he was like, "Well just be careful, i know how hard you've worked on your hair."

It was sort of sweet and endearing that he gets it.

Awwwww!! So adorable!!! I'm lurkin but I couldn't help to comment:grin: That's great!

I was cooking dinner last night and was using EVOO... My SO goes... did you just add your hair oil to my dinner :lachen::lachen: I had to explain to him that EVOO can be used for many different things... and to hush up or he won't get any dinner!!! :clubu:

My DH thinks we are all vain scientists. He said that all we want to do is show our new bra and underwear straps in pictures. He said 'Y'all need to crop that. No one wants to see your drawls.'

I was talking about pre-pooing and protein. He said 'You need a laxative if you need to pre-poo.' I just looked at him.

I said 'Ooh my hair feels good with all these cones in it.' He said 'Combs?' I said 'Co-Nuz-uh!' He just stared at me. Then said 'What are cones?!!! You can't just say something and not explain it to me.' I had to explain dimethicone and all the other stuff. Then I had him feeling my hair. He was like 'Uhh okay.'

All in all, he understands my goal and is always there to compliment me on my hair or length. I'm considering transitioning and he supports me 100%.

:lachen::lachen:

My SO always tells me to do some board research whenever I'm having a hair problem....dryness, flatirons, wanting new products. Lol. He also says that any woman that I give hair advice to would be a fool not to listen since my hair has grown so long. He thinks all of us take excellent care of our hair.

Mine too, Whenever I have a hair issue or wondering about a product he says "Baby, why don't you ask the ladies?"
He thinks it's a wonderful site and he sees every time I visit him that my hair is growing and thriving.
We have conversations about my hair sometimes and my regimen and he always ask questions about what I put in my hair..He is so cute. lol

all I can say is, my SO is the only person that knows how to detangle my hair without breakage. :lachen:

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:Oh Lord that's funny.

My ex used to look at me funny when I would wear my baggy. I used to hide it and then one day I was like man we been together long enough. I didn't say anything about the board, I just let him look at me sideways with my craziness and never see my hair down. Then one day BAM!!! I was 2" from APL(was relaxed then) he was like is that all your hair? Me: Yes. Wanna weave check? And I took his hand and rubbed it on my head. Amazement I tell you. :spinning:

my SO is supportive of being on this site, because he sees how long my hair has grown since ive been here

I told my potential SO about the site and he said he doesn't care as long as I have out all the nice smelling conditioners and shampoos out for him to use. I told him that I have some expensive hair. He said he don't care but he'll care when he sees my product junkyism in action. He gonna put my arse on a budget.:lachen: He listens to me when I talk about hair, evil hairstylists, and all that other good stuff and how natural hair can be cared for and that it's just that we've lost the techniques along the way. He knows that I wash every week and that it's a whole day process. OOh I even told him about the NYC Raw Food Dinner and he was like "well as long as ya'll meeting in a public place." So I told him I've done it w/ BHM ladies b4 so he doesn't have to worry, it's safe. So yes, supportive and doesn't talk smack... Yet:look:.

My DH saw my on the board and he saw me admiring slyver2's fotki. he says "babe, why don;t you contact her personally and get all the info you can." I had to laugh!

My Husband is a Hair Man....So he is supportive 100% ....If he thinks one day it will help my hair look like Rapunzel...Hes all down..Hahahahaahaha.Asking questions along the way....Reminding me to put my scarf on at night and to moisturize and seal...Grabbin cameras when he see progress..

DH IS LIKE "YOU STAY ON THAT HAIR SPACE"
HE EVEN KNOWS THE THREE SITES I LIVE ON :grin:
AND THEN HE HAD THE NERVE TO SAY "YOU JUST WENT TO THE SALON FIVE DAYS AGO (AS I COME OUT THE SHOWER WITH TWO CONDITIONER BOTTLES)YOU MUST BE CO WASHING:lachen:
HE MAKES ME SICK :arguing::lachen::lachen:

I was cooking dinner last night and was using EVOO... My SO goes... did you just add your hair oil to my dinner :lachen::lachen: I had to explain to him that EVOO can be used for many different things...

that is so FUNNY!!!

My Husband is a Hair Man....So he is supportive 100% ....If he thinks one day it will help my hair look like Rapunzel...Hes all down..Hahahahaahaha.Asking questions along the way....Reminding me to put my scarf on at night and to moisturize and seal...Grabbin cameras when he see progress..

That's cute, but you are already Rapunzel! What length hair does he want?

DH IS LIKE "YOU STAY ON THAT HAIR SPACE"
HE EVEN KNOWS THE THREE SITES I LIVE ON :grin:
AND THEN HE HAD THE NERVE TO SAY "YOU JUST WENT TO THE SALON FIVE DAYS AGO (AS I COME OUT THE SHOWER WITH TWO CONDITIONER BOTTLES)YOU MUST BE CO WASHING
HE MAKES ME SICK

FUNNY! They kill me when they know the terms!

My DH knows I'm obsessed with hair sites, thinks it's crazy that I use Mega Tek, a product for horses! He commented that my hoofs and coat looked really shiney the other day! He thinks he's so funny!

My DH is crazy and thinks he is a comedian. I just joined this board and am on it all the time. I am learning so much and telling him about olive oil, ayurveda, monistat etc. I nearly lost him on the monistat. He's afraid for me to try new things in my hair. He just teased me a few minutes ago about putting cat poop in my hair and sleeping in it over night.

HEY TRACEE :wavey:
OUR HUBBY'S MUST BE BROTHERS
HE IS HAVING AN AFFAIR WITH YOUR HAIR:lachen:
HE WAS LIKE WOW IS THAT ALL HER HAIR:drool:
I WAS LIKE YEAH HE WAS LIKE NO MORE BOBBY CUTS :naughty: (MEANING BOBS) I ALWAYS CUT BUT APL NOW

My husband saw a lady with long hair and actually asked her if she is a member of LHCF. When she said yes, he gave her his cell phone for her to talk to me. I was soooooo embarrassed. She was really sweet about it. I didn't think that he was paying my LHCF talk much attention.

I made a mixture of tea tree, coconut, and olive oils in the tea tree bottle. Well this morning DH says, 'I need some tea tree oil.' I'm like ':look: (<literally) for what?' He says, 'I need to oil my head. I can't use your stuff? You act stingy with your good products.' So I told him where it was. He said 'Do I need a handful?' My eyes got big, I said 'No, just a few drops.' So I'm watching him rub it on his head. Then I tell him what's in it. He says 'Castor oil. Isn't that the stuff that had you poopin all day?' I just laughed and said that it makes thin hair thicker. He walked out the room and came back, 'I feel my hair getting thick already.' Men!! A Mess.

My husband saw a lady with long hair and actually asked her if she is a member of LHCF. When she said yes, he gave her his cell phone for her to talk to me. I was soooooo embarrassed. She was really sweet about it. I didn't think that he was paying my LHCF talk much attention.

No he didn't? What did she say? Who is she?

how 'bout my DH asked me can he use some of my glycerine mix. He recently shaved his head bald, and had really dry scalp... well, he loved the way it made his scalp look, and he keeps coming back for more. LOL.

My hubby is a nut! He loves it when my friends ask what I've been putting in my hair lately. Before I can answer he quickly pipes in, "Oh, just juices and berries." He then promptly suggests to them that they consider making organic coconut oil a staple of theirs. He is truly crazy, but supportive. He hates weave too, so as long as I don't start putting that in my hair again he seems to be able to deal with anything else that I throw at him.

It's hard to believe that when we got married 5 yrs ago I din't want to wear my scarf to bed.

i guess you can say we've gotten use to each other. I have no problems wrapping it up.

He like others is a comedian.

He's white, they type of person that if someone doesn't know about us they would swear he doesnt even have any black friends.
He'll sit in his office and let him over hear black women talking about hair...

He will join the conversation telling them all stuff he sees me doing. Of course they are SHOCKED wondering how he even knows the black hair vocabulary.: If you want a touch up, check out Marie, If you cowash & DC that will soften up that dryness, you must seal those ends,...

He does comment on how pretty our girls hair looks since I've picked up info from this board.

He takes it in stride but I must say I NEVER saw such a weird look as when he walked in the bath room and found me with some coochie cream mixing it with cayenne pepper and EVOO.

I guess I should brace myself for when that comes up in conversation. :blush:

That's cute, but you are already Rapunzel! What length hair does he want?

Girl he wants it down to my but which I dont know is even possible

DH doesn't mind as long as my hair looks nice :grin: He jokes that I spend too much time on the "Hair Club For Women" :ohwell::lachen:

Back