The back in the day thread

I remember back in the day when I used to sneak into my parents' room and try on my mother's short wigs then sing Breathe Again by Toni Braxton
now thats too funny mizz diamonds:lachen::lachen::goodone:

i remember back in the day...
- when my mom would tell me to hold my ear so she wouldn't burn me when hot-combing my edges.
- when my perm burned, i was told to jog around the house outside or blow a fan to get through it
- crying when i even THOUGHT about getting my hair combed out
- washing my hair every 2 weeks minimum
- greasing my scalp was a ritual
- this could go on forever lol

Yes I remeber this lol

I remember...

-Dooki braids- and hating the feeling of the lady washing my hair then putting rubber bands at the top, slappin some jail on top of that then wrappin the weave in to make a braid

-Burnin the ends of those braids with a lighter so the ends wouldn't come undone.

-Crochet braids-also burnin the ends

-Micro braids AND spending 8 + hours tryna take em down

-Wearing a pony tail EVERYDAY during my middle school years

-Hating getting my hair greased and wondering how many parts my mom was gonna make to grease it all

-Going to my aunts salon to get my hair pressed--having burns on my ear and forehead after

-The day my aunt put a curly perm on my cousins RELAXED hair and all her hair fell out. And I mean ALL

-The day my sister put a perm on her VERY long hair and ever since then her hair broke off

-When my sister was in highschoo everyday she would slick her hair down with so much gel and put it in a bun

WHAT I STILL THINK/DO:help2:

-Mix water/grease on a hair brush to make my hair lay down

-Squirt Motions foam wrap setting lotion on my hair to make it lay down

-That AA's can only wash their hair 1x at the most a week/2 weeks- For the most part I only get my hair washed when I go to the salon every 4-8 weeks. I'm afraid of the poofiness after I wash it.

-Not wanting to get in the pool for fear of messin up my hair

-WANTING to read each and every post on this forum since I"m new and WILL but it in the meantime..please bear wit my Q's..I'm sure some have already been answered somewhere on here

I remember back in the day when I used to sneak into my parents' room and try on my mother's short wigs then sing Breathe Again by Toni Braxton

I rember wearing baggy clothes and trying to do the whole Aaliyah thing

I rember my Mel B inspired hairstyle which I thought was the best thing ever

I remeber flinching when anyone who wasn't related to me slightly touched my hair (I took tender-headed-ness to a whole new level)

I remember having the biggest smile when my hair was in two afro puffs because they were bigger than my youngest and older sisters.

All this remembering makes me want to go back to the 90's when things were simple...

:lachen::lachen:

Back