THE APL CLASS OF 2011!

^^^Grow Zkitty!!! How far into your transition are you now???

hey girl! i am currently 68 weeks into my transition! I will be dealing with my own hair at least a week or so before i put them back in braids for the remainder of my transition.

obviously Im in a slow growth period.
**sigh**

my 1 year natcha-versary is in 15 weeks YAY

I'm still on track for Dec 2011! I even got me a pretty pink ruler to keep up with my progress. I'm so pumped. I'm sooo glad I decided to transition, my hair really does seem to be doing much better than it did relaxed. I only have about 3 inches of relaxed ends left up top.

I'll be going back into kinky twists in a couple of weeks. I was pretty lax about using heat whenever I wanted and wearing it out for the 1st year of transitioning. But now, that I got my eyes on APL, I'm buckling down for the next 16 months. I got my game face on!

hey i wanted to know if anyone had luck with getting a bun even though they were not apl yet? i am like 2 inches away from apl but im also transitioning. just curious

I've seen a few ladies with NL and SL lenght hair pull off a cute high bun so I'm sure with you being close to APL, you can do it as well.

my name is not on the list and i really wanna be part of the class. I pm'ed you.

checking in
i think i made SL (don't know dor sure til i relax in january) and i have 5 inches til apl so mabe a year from now so i should make APL by september 2011 give or take a month.

I can get a bun but I like my buns pretty big so I make mine using a phony pony. This gives me a chance to not touch my ends so I just put my hair in a baggy under the bun to keep ends moisturized I am also transitioning. I can also get a cute bun by roller setting and pinning my hair up into a cute bun.

OP, Can name please be added 2. I also pm'd u.

Thanks

^^^how long do you plan on transitioning?

Til the cows come home. I've had several trims, and one big cut from a foolish stylist back in April, so I really don't have much relaxed hair left at all. The back half is all natural. And about 3 inches of relaxed ends left up top.

I was really taking a look at how choppy my back layers are yesterday and its gonna be extremely hard for all those layers to make APL in 2011. Some of them need like almost 8 inches to make APL.

College life is really takes a toll on my hair. I just don't have the time to take care of it like I should. I'm trying but I'm experiencing more breakage than usual. I guess I really have to get a regimen going that works into my schedule.

Til the cows come home. I've had several trims, and one big cut from a foolish stylist back in April, so I really don't have much relaxed hair left at all. The back half is all natural. And about 3 inches of relaxed ends left up top.

I was really taking a look at how choppy my back layers are yesterday and its gonna be extremely hard for all those layers to make APL in 2011. Some of them need like almost 8 inches to make APL.

I need about 3.5-4" to get to APL but idk when I'll be able to reach it.

College life is really takes a toll on my hair. I just don't have the time to take care of it like I should. I'm trying but I'm experiencing more breakage than usual. I guess I really have to get a regimen going that works into my schedule.

Girl im in school too and take care of my sis and have to cook and everything in my house so if i can make time for my hair, i know you can too! Start doing twist or straighten it or something. You HAVE to make time like anything else. You can do it!

Re: THE APL CLASS OF 2011!A

@MsWowFactor and @lea

I added you guys!

YAY :reddancer: thanks

checking in:
i am "bunning" (ponytail with ends tucked in) basically 24/7. I am getting very bored with my hair and i am getting the urge to relax (2 months and maybe 2 weeks or 1 post) and i have a mini afro thing going on and my buns are not looking too good. I have things to take care of, so i can't buy weaves/wigs as of now :sad:

what else can i do guys?

Last edited:
^^i'll try it, i just always thought my hair is too short for a twist/braid out. Always thought you had to be @ least APL for it to look good

Last edited:
HI, i'm checking in.

I'm trying something different with my hair. For some odd reason, last weekend I started wetting my hair everytime I would shower and then bun it when it's damped. So I have been doing that all week but i also included a light protein moisturizer and oil.

HI, i'm checking in.

I'm trying something different with my hair. For some odd reason, last weekend I started wetting my hair everytime I would shower and then bun it when it's damped. So I have been doing that all week but i also included a light protein moisturizer and oil.
There is nothing wrong with that. I did that wen I had a TWA and my hair grew SO fast

Android APP for LHCF...the best thing since slice bread....

hey ladies! i got my hair out of the braids and into something.. because my hair is soooo thick beyond belief :nono:getting it into a real serios ponytail would cause to much pulling and tugging:blush:. so i just used a stretchy headband and got what i could get into the headband. it works for now but there are times in want to take it out and touch my scalp. so here r two pics.

Attachments

• bun.jpg
    bun.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 24
  • bun2.jpg
    bun2.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 26
hey ladies...

i have been taking a swimming class at school and i hate when my hair gets wet. is there any way to prevent damage from the water that doesn't involved washing all the time because my hair is a hot mess when its wet. i was thinking of just getting braids and putting on a swim cap... any suggestions???

thanks...

Hey everyone, I did a search and destroy and omg but I'm glad I did it. Now I just have to baby my hair with the juice and I think I'll make it

hey ladies...

i have been taking a swimming class at school and i hate when my hair gets wet. is there any way to prevent damage from the water that doesn't involved washing all the time because my hair is a hot mess when its wet. i was thinking of just getting braids and putting on a swim cap... any suggestions???

thanks...

There are plenty of threads about this on the forum. Just use the search function :)

I have read in those threads that women put conditioner in there are and wet their hair before they get in the pool

Android APP for LHCF...the best thing since slice bread....

Back