THE APL CLASS OF 2011!

I think I'm going to have to take up co-washing again or DC'ing more often. I forgot how harsh the winters are here. My hair feels like straw by nighttime even if it felt moisturized that same morning. SMH.

Im about to stop going to the salon so much and also cut waaay back on heat. I'm sooo scared of the thought of fighting with my hair...and my hair winning! lol. I am just so used to wearing my hair straight, im afraid of knots and tangles hurting my progress. But I just feel like my hair is kinda dry and not as healthy as it could be with getting it straightened so much. So, starting this weekend, I'll be doing non-heat styles, hopefully for the next 3-4 months. And also trying out some natural product lines.

^^^way to go Dominican09 !!! I think I may be about the same, but I haven't flat ironed since June :lol: I hope I'm at least to that point when I finally do a length check in December. Transitioning with 5 months of NG makes it REALLY tempting to do a length check lol

lol I am in braids. I refuse to leave my hair out of braids for longer than a week :lol: I baby it for the week it's out then back in for another 4-5 weeks. This time I got a beehive done so my wigs lay down flatter. I think if I stick with this, my transition will go smoother and I'll be less tempted to flat iron...until I take them down!!!!

Im ready Im ready ***in my spongebob voice ***

reggie
corn rows and twists as PS - though I will wear my hair "out" in puffs twist outs etc on occassion.
wash with black soap every 2 weeks
DC every week alternating moisture and light protein
step up on my porosity control
JUICE :grin:
seal with shea butter or castor oil

presently, only my nape (probably an inch up from there is NL)

update:
pic 1 today
pic 2 july

Attachments

• apl in 2011 oct 1 2010 resized.jpg
    apl in 2011 oct 1 2010 resized.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 14
  • napeNL-1.jpg
    napeNL-1.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 15
I am going to be doing a sew-in within the next few days. I am hoping that I do a good job on this install:nervous2:. It has to last 5 weeks. after that I will be bc'ing and then I dunno what I will be doing because I like not doing my hair for awhile but then I like to touch it and play with it too, so this will be interesting!:nono::perplexed

^^^5 weeks??? Oh you can do that with no problem. Just keep thinking about what happens when those 5 weeks are up :yep:

Is it too late to join?

I wash my hair once a week (Thursday) with Aveda Shampoo and Conditioner but I think I a going to try to just cowash with Mane and Tail Conditioner and wash when I think I need it.

Photo 8.jpg

lol I am in braids. I refuse to leave my hair out of braids for longer than a week :lol: I baby it for the week it's out then back in for another 4-5 weeks. This time I got a beehive done so my wigs lay down flatter. I think if I stick with this, my transition will go smoother and I'll be less tempted to flat iron...until I take them down!!!!

I'm gonna have to pay attention to your posts. I'm going to try out braids/wigs for the winter, so we'll see how this goes.

Well here is the end result of my hair. this is pretty much the look i was going for. i installed it myself, which makes this my first try. i plan to keep this in for 5 weeks...4 weeks on friday until my bc! hopefully i will be still past SL.

my goal is to make APL by May 2011. I realized that i am lazy when it comes to my hair which is why i like weaves i suppose. But when i am natural, after the hype of being newly natural, it will probably stay in twists weeks at a time. Here are some pics, i will b attaching a few more in the following post.

HHG!

Attachments

• 24546028191_ORIG.jpg
    24546028191_ORIG.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 24546028212_ORIG.jpg
    24546028212_ORIG.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 24546028229_ORIG.jpg
    24546028229_ORIG.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 24546028255_ORIG.jpg
    24546028255_ORIG.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 24546028288_ORIG.jpg
    24546028288_ORIG.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 13
dont judge me...i look tired because i was tired, it took me a totla of 10 hours in two days to finish!:yawn:

Attachments

• 24546028123_ORIG.jpg
    24546028123_ORIG.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 24546028102_ORIG.jpg
    24546028102_ORIG.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 24546028059_ORIG.jpg
    24546028059_ORIG.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 30
okay....

i just took my braids down and washed my hair. letting it stay down for about 3 days then back to braids because i'm swimming. but i took a few pictures of my hair and i see some growth i let my cousin borrow my flat iron so all i could do was press my hair and i didnt do a good jod at that lol.

sorry if the pictures are big!!!

IMAG0024-2.jpg

IMAG0038-1.jpg

Last edited:
I have been doing nothin but protective styln for the past 2 weeks n I actually think its been longer than that. The days just kind of merge and cram into each other. I have been losing track of time... how is everyone coming?

Winter is damn near here, how do you plan to modify your regimen?

Hey ladies! Just a quick update. I've been home sick all week and today was the first day I felt bored--a sign that I'm getting better :grin:

Anyway, I snapped a pic for a challenge I'm in and thought I'd share here too:

DSCF1559.JPG

I hope I'll make it by the end of next year! This is my first winter all natural and last year while transitioning, I used heat all the time, something I don't want to do this year. I still can't bear to put my hair away in protective styles, I have HIH disease....so hopefully I continue to retain.

Keep it up, ladies!

Back