THE APL CLASS OF 2011!

Since I actually like they look/style of my short hair most of the time, I was trying to remind myself why I wanted to be APL and thought about some stuff that would really be awesome once I make it.

-Be able to pull my hair back in a nice/cute ponytail or bun (I can't remember the last time I had enough hair for a decent ponytail. Maybe the 90s?:blush: And even then it wasn't very long as I've never been past SL my entire life).
-A cute braid out/twist out that still has some decent length to it
-Have nice full twists that are long enough to pull back. I loved my kinky twist extensions and I would love to be able to get a somewhat similar effect with my real hair.

What does everyone else want to do once they make APL?

I want to do exactly what you want to do plus what ImaniWhat said:

-like you, be able to do a nice braid out that still has some length to it
-have people weave check me :blush:
-have hair longer than most people i know (except for maybe 1) :blush:
-have "long" sleek straight black (i'ma have to dye it) hair that blows in the wind
-have the longest hair i've ever had in my life :Rotf:

now, i know APL is nothing on this board, but IRL people gush over full SL SOMETIMES let alone APL. APL is BY NO MEANS my final stop, i got a long a$$ way to go til my length pursuit retirement, lol

I'll post my regimen.

What I was doing:
Trying everything on this board, air drying, dying my hair, never straightening it, etc. My hair suffered, but I still made some progress.

What I plan on doing to reach APL in 2011:
Washing and pressing every 2 wks. No heat in between, unless it's a must.
DCing, Using ceramides and keeping some kind of oil on my scalp.
Taking vitamins and biosil
Regular trims
Using Nexxus Aloxxi polymedic and La Plancha every 2 wks.

Count me in! I really need the encouragement. Finally getting serious and less intimidated about growing long and healthy hair. Until reading LHCF I did not think this was possible but the progress pictures/testimonials really give me hope.

My routine will be:
No heat (until I relax-every 8 weeks)
Vitamins
Deep conditioning
washing weekly
trimming only to get rid of split ends
protective styles

I think gardening daily and exposing my hair to the harsh sun has prevented me from achieving my goal. Additionally, I was using the wrong products and had no clue about any of the tips such as Alma, Vatika oil, etc.

Since I actually like they look/style of my short hair most of the time, I was trying to remind myself why I wanted to be APL and thought about some stuff that would really be awesome once I make it.

-Be able to pull my hair back in a nice/cute ponytail or bun (I can't remember the last time I had enough hair for a decent ponytail. Maybe the 90s?:blush: And even then it wasn't very long as I've never been past SL my entire life).
-Have nice full twists that are long enough to pull back. I loved my kinky twist extensions and I would love to be able to get a somewhat similar effect with my real hair.

-Well very similar to your reasons. I want to make nice buns and ponytails. A ponytail that is thick and lush.
-Also I want to do some bantu knot outs and not have the curls fall to my ears.
-When I wear my hair straight I think it will be sexy if my hair can fall somewhere near my non-existent cleavage. maybe it will create some sort of illusion :rolleyes: :lachen:
and thats pretty much it.

*Be able to do a cute wet bun without a sock
*Rock a cute twist out ponytail and have coworkers wondering if its my phony pony
*Use banana clips and EZ Combs whenever I please
*Bantu knots for days!!! :lachen:

I would like to be added if it is not to late, length is in siggy. My regimen is not set in stone but I am gearing towards:

Washing and Dc'ing weekly to bi-monthly with either protein or moisture.

I will use heat blowdryer and flat iron bi-monthly as well.

Also moisturize and seal once a day at night.

And when my scalp is more itchy wash more frequently. Lately I have been juicin and co washing my hair is breaking and shedding like crazy. So I give up my hair hates wet buns and airdrying overnight causes my scalp to itch like crazy, or sometimes be crunchy. I loose less hair blow-drying and flat ironing than wet bunning and co-washing.

:-( .. well I'm too late... BUT I'm still going to follow and try to make it to APL by next year ... that is my goal !! Even though I'm not part of the class.. lol. I'm not checkin until next year summertime though !! My "reggie" is deep condition once a week... kinky curly leave in w/ kinky curly once a week...

Attachments

• LengthShotJune2010.jpg
    LengthShotJune2010.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 18
i had a setback 2 days ago when I tried henna for the 1st time. :( I had to snip two knows out of my hair after DC'ing, using chi cilk infusion, and struggling for days to get the knots out. Hopefully it didn't mess me up too much. I WILL NEVER HENNA again. I plan to DC and plait and wear wigs til I straighten (perhaps in sept or oct)....

When I took my last install down, I check out how long my hair was combed down with leave-in on it...still wet. I was about 3.5" from APL at that point. Maybe flat ironed I'll be maybe 3" from it. I HOPE that I can keep it up and make it by June 2011 but we shall see!!! :crossfingers:

hey ladies!! i will try to do a length check next week, once i take out my yarn braids this week! i think i am very close to apl but i am also transitioning and will be bcing in november, so if i do make it to apl before november it wont be for long! lol i will post pics sometime next week! HHG!

Hey everybody! No clue what length my hair is because I try so hard not to obbess over it. I would rather just get it done and get it out the way. Anyway, I have been cowashin damn near every night out of pure lazyness and braiding the ends of my hair to prevent ssks.

Going to APL slowly but surely...

We're all creeping there together girl. And this crazy rainy weather down here isn't making cute hairstyles last very long.

We're all creeping there together girl. And this crazy rainy weather down here isn't making cute hairstyles last very long.

Girl this weather sucks! I promise I was gonna straighten my hair and then I thought about it and was like "Fa what?" The weather don't know what the hell to do so why risk my cute straight hair on some boolshyt...lol besides it take to long n too much to straighten to just be gone the next day so you ca kiss that ship

This may be an unpopular suggestion but I know lots of women use that sulphur 8 spray to moisturze while in braids. Or maybe ypu can get a juice like Carefree curl, S Curl or something else

^^^I use kinda made my own little concoction(sp). I had a wee bit of CFC and Hawaiian Silky left over so I mixed them together in a huge bottle with water and olive oil. I just started using it the other day and I can't tell if it's doing any good while still in the install. I'm just praying for the best. I switch it up with BRX spray too.

Back