THE APL CLASS OF 2011!

hey ladies...

i have been taking a swimming class at school and i hate when my hair gets wet. is there any way to prevent damage from the water that doesn't involved washing all the time because my hair is a hot mess when its wet. i was thinking of just getting braids and putting on a swim cap... any suggestions???

thanks...

I have found keeping the hair moist works between washing. Keep it moist with things like s-curl, creamy moisturizers, oils, etc. Don't give the chlorine a chance to dry out the hair because that's when it will break.

My hair is breaking like crazyyyy!!! I mean maybe its because I never paid attention to it before but since its been getting colder out I have been losing hair. I don't know what to do. I've been maintaining my moisture and protein reggie, taking my vitamins, moisturzing and sealing but its not working. My friend says its the change of weather but I cant sit here like this! Anyone have any suggestions? Has this happened to you?

My hair is breaking like crazyyyy!!! I mean maybe its because I never paid attention to it before but since its been getting colder out I have been losing hair. I don't know what to do. I've been maintaining my moisture and protein reggie, taking my vitamins, moisturzing and sealing but its not working. My friend says its the change of weather but I cant sit here like this! Anyone have any suggestions? Has this happened to you?

Yes, with the weather change, you have to change your regimen as well. Last winter my hair was doing that too but I started deep conditioing with unrefined shea butter and it saved my hair. U should try thta

Android APP for LHCF...the best thing since slice bread....

Ladies, it appears I will not make APL in 2010 so I want in if that's okay?

I will remain a part of the APL 2010 challenge for support but I wanted an early start for next year by joining this challenge now. I have like 3.5 inches left to get to APL and I can't see that happening by December this year. If it does, then I'll be :shocked: for sure but none the less, I will remain hopeful:ohwell:.

Last edited:
I checked my length today and...no progress! My last length check was July 31. I guess it hasn't been that long. I'm ALMOST there! I have to be APL with the ends bumped before I will claim it.

Ladies, it appears I will not make APL in 2010 so I want in if that's okay?

I will remain a part of the APL 2010 challenge for support but I wanted an early start for next year by joining this challenge now. I have like 3.5 inches left to get to APL and I can't see that happening by December this year. If it does, then I'll be :shocked: for sure but none the less, I will remain hopeful:ohwell:.

Oh sorry but the class is closed :( .. it was getting packed in here so see ya at the next one! :)

What next one, 2012. It's not even 2011 yet so how can it be too late?

Anyway, I'm just disappointed I could not be a part of the challenge. Good Luck everyone!

Oh sorry but the class is closed :( .. it was getting packed in here so see ya at the next one! :)

Last edited:
I have a question for all the bunners here. How do you make your buns without breaking your hair? I have to brush my SL hair back while wet and I hate doing it. I just know my hair is breaking off with each stroke of the brush. Without a brush, how in the world do you get it back neatly? TIA

Anybody with natural SL hair, what are you doing during the day to protect your ends besides wearing a wig??

I tried to bun, but the shrinkage does not allow me to tuck the hair in...any other methods? pretty please!! :grin:

I have a question for all the bunners here. How do you make your buns without breaking your hair? I have to brush my SL hair back while wet and I hate doing it. I just know my hair is breaking off with each stroke of the brush. Without a brush, how in the world do you get it back neatly? TIA

I wish I knew! My slicked back neat buns are the same as my blow-dry and flat irons...rarely seen and only for special occasions! :lol: I usually splash a little water on my hair (and sometimes yes to cucumbers leave-in), a little oil (my mix of EVOO, WGO and jojoba), and tie it down tight at night. That's the neatest I can get it.

Have you tried slicking it back with your hands and tying a scarf? Or using a small tooth comb like Sylver 2? I use a brush but I found that I only have to use the brush the first day I wash. The days in between washes, I just smooth with my hands (with conditioner) and then tie a scarf on and my hair lies flat. But since you're relaxed, you should be able to smooth with a wide tooth comb or maybe one of those brushes with the balls at the end (are they called round brushes? idk)

Checkin` in ... not much to report though. Straightened about a month ago and I was about two inches from SL. :grin:

What next one, 2012. It's not even 2011 yet so how can it be too late?

Anyway, I'm just disappointed I could not be a part of the challenge. Good Luck everyone!

WOW! I totally agree. I think it's a bit silly that people can't join up until December. That's just gonna cause more "challenges" to be created but if this "class" will be rejecting people who are trying to reach their goals with us and come here for support, then I don't wish to be apart of it. I will just continue to post my updates in threads that allow people to join at anytime. You could remove my name...or not doesn't matter.

I wish all you ladies well in your healthy hair journeys!

I missed joining but I can still ride it out with the 2011 APL graduates!

Yeah but those of us who have not yet reached our APL goal approx. 6 or 7 months before 2011 are not welcomed here in this class...I honestly don't see the point in trying to graduate or "ride out" with a class that has rejected you:look:.

Last edited:
Yeah but those of us who have not yet reached our APL goal approx. 6 or 7 months before 2011 are not welcomed here in this class...I honestly don't see the point in trying to graduate or "ride out" with a class that has rejected you:look:.

We have a very positive vibe in this thread. Please do not bring negativity in it. Thank you

On a side note, how is everyone in the class doing?

ETA: Ok so to address the issue of "rejecting" people from the class. Its not a matter of rejecting but a matter of organization. The thread was getting cluttered and my PM box was getting overloaded. Do not take it personally. People close challenges all the time, even though this isn't a challenege, its the same concept.

No one has a problem with it then? So what is the big issue now? I am not stopping anyone from reaching their goals but as I said before, the thread was getting cluttered and I had to do something to stop it.

If you would like your name taken off the list, please feel free to PM me. No hard feelings :) . Thank you

We have a very positive vibe in this thread. Please do not bring negativity in it. Thank you

It was not my intention to bring negativity to your challenge. In fact, I'm not known as one who stirs up trouble. I am however, just pointing out a fact.

ETA: I managed one of the original deep conditioner threads with almost 200 people and I never treated or saw it as over-crowded. I welcomed every single person who was interested in that challenge even up to a month before the challenge ended that year. It was all about supporting each other, no matter how many of us there were.

The more the merrier. There were so many new ideas that were shared and we all learned from those ideas and adopted many of them. I, nor anyone else brought any negativity to this thread. Sorry you saw it that way. I really am. Please accept my most humble apologies. I just think we have a right to voice our disappointment. No hard feelings.

Last edited:
Since I am too late to join, I will be watching from the sidelines/subscribing to keep up with you all, as I hope to make APL around August 2011 as well! HHG ladies!

It was not my intention to bring negativity to your challenge. In fact, I'm not known as one who stirs up trouble. I am however, just pointing out a fact.

ETA: I managed one of the original deep conditioner threads with almost 200 people and I never treated or saw it as over-crowded. I welcomed every single person who was interested in that challenge even up to a month before the challenge ended that year. It was all about supporting each other, no matter how many of us there were.

The more the merrier. There were so many new ideas that were shared and we all learned from those ideas and adopted many of them. I, nor anyone else brought any negativity to this thread. Sorry you saw it that way. I really am. Please accept my most humble apologies. I just think we have a right to voice our disappointment. No hard feelings.

Aggie - I think you made an excellent point. Last time I checked, we were allowed to voice dissension as long as it was done respectfully. You did so with grace and dignity. No need for you to apologize for that.

Aggie - I think you made an excellent point. Last time I checked, we were allowed to voice dissension as long as it was done respectfully. You did so with grace and dignity. No need for you to apologize for that.

This was very sweet of you to say so Americka. Thank you hun:kiss:.

Maybe its because we are on a forum and its very hard to discern emotions on here without the use of smiley faces or whatnot but i am very defensive person, just something u should know about me. If you didn't mean anything by, there is no need to apologize. As i said before, its just hard to know what is not meant to be rude and what is not when you can't effectively express yourself through just posting. :)

Maybe its because we are on a forum and its very hard to discern emotions on here without the use of smiley faces or whatnot but i am very defensive person, just something u should know about me. If you didn't mean anything by, there is no need to apologize. As i said before, its just hard to know what is not meant to be rude and what is not when you can't effectively express yourself through just posting. :)

You know what sweetheart, don't hurt your pretty little head about it. I have voiced my thoughts, you responded, now it's over. As someone once said, it's really not that serious. HHG! I wish you and all the challengers in the class well, really I do:bighug:!

I am so lax about my hair. Wash days are whenever I feel like it. At least once a week. Hard protein is judged and somewhere in between 6-8 weeks. And I never measure my hair. But I can def feel the tips of my hair brushing my back. So this must be a good sign. My "reggie" if it can be called that is working.

Back