THE APL CLASS OF 2011!

new picture i took suggest that i'm APL & people are telling me to claim it so here's the pic :blush: :blush: :blush:

058-1-1.jpg

@ms.tatiana
Git on up outta here and find the BSL 2011 Thread.

You look APL to me. Are you trying to taunt us? Congratulations. Looking good!

@diadall sorry, lol i just needed proof that i was. thanks & i found a BSL 2011 thread, so i will be up and outta here.

LOVE ALL YOU WONDERFUL LADIES KEEP UP THE GOAL!!! :spinning: :spinning:

I got a dominican blow out last weekend for Thanksgiving. I havent done so since July. I been wigging it up. I could not believe that this is my hair.. Its so healthy and the Henna has my hair shinning like crazy. Im officially SL actually my hair stops in the middle of my shoulder so i have like 3 inches to APL..im 5'7!! I cant wait!! Im at work but i will upload a pic of the blowout and my henna color!!!! Lets do this ladies!!!

I'm officially joining you ladies now. I was hesitant before because I thought there was a good chance that I'd reach APL by the end of the year, but it's a no go. I had to trim due to excessive SSKs and I'm close, but not there. I think I'm going to go ahead and opt for a good cut from my stylist and start fresh from there.

Here's where I am now

Attachments

• DSCN5699.JPG
    DSCN5699.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 25
NOOOOO Don't do it!! ssks is part of the game just embrace it!!! unless you keep your hair flat iron you will always have ssks; therefore, cutting all the time. I learned to live with it.

I feel crazy up in all these APL threads bc I STILL haven't made SL, lol. Hoping to make SL by the spring. I'm only 5"1, so once I make SL, APL is only like another 3 inches, so without any setbacks, I should make APL by the end of next year.

I put myself on a personal no heat challenge until February and I really hope I've made progress. Its really hard to gauge my progress, not just length but overall health of my hair without seeing it straightened. I know some of my ends look very ragged, esp up top where there's still some relaxed ends left.

bumpitty bump:grin:

whats everyone up to ?????

oooh I did even see this thread was active yesterday.

I feel like my hair has stalled. But I'll know for sure when I do a length check on the 15 for the end of a challenge Im in :drunk:

Last edited:
I just realised that i did not do an update on this thread. I had mentioned that i would be APL mid year (2011) but i did a minichop hence i should be APL come dec 2011

NOOOOO Don't do it!! ssks is part of the game just embrace it!!! unless you keep your hair flat iron you will always have ssks; therefore, cutting all the time. I learned to live with it.

yep I agree, if we were to always be snipping off SSKs we wud probably nvr see progress

What we have to do is assess how or if they are affecting our hair.

My SSKs dont really humbug retention if I keep my ends moisturized and untangled

Yeah, I don't trim often, but my ends were rough and raggedy. It was time. The cut is something I've been thinking of for a while. Now that my hair is longer, the choppy layers are very prominent. I just want a good shape if I can find someone I trust to cut it for me. Until then, this will have to suffice.

I'm confident I can make APL in 2011 once I get really serious about haircare. Protective styles through 2011. I plan to do sengalese twists, then maybe a sew in, and rotate that way. I need to retain this length and thicken up my fine strands. I'm actually excited about my plans for protective styling. Before I was stubborn to the idea but I've come around.

hey everyone! how are things going?

Pretty good! Can't wait til I get to flat iron in 2 weeks. I measured myself today and it's 4.5" between SL and APL on me. Hopefully after I finally get to do a length check, I'll be only 2.5" from meeting that goal :grin:

Thank you MsLizzia I appreciate it. Attached is my starting pic, I'm not sure about my regime yet because I plan to do some new things in the new year. But for now I plan to do the following:

Cowash 2-3 times a week
Shampoo/Clarify once a month followed by protein trt
Moisturize and seal everyday
Bun all the time accept weekends
No heat

Attachments

• IMG00105.jpg
    IMG00105.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Day is the 27th,

Then there's the 28th 29th, 30th, and the 31st is the day of the reveals.....

Hurry up days!!!!

Back