Surge Hair Revitalizer Plus 14

glad to hear stronger and thicker, because i feel like i miss thickness when i use msm. the softness is amazing but i miss roots that are hard to run my hand through. that's why i get wary of vitamins/products that loosen the curl pattern. i love my naps!

Hotshot! girl you hit the nail on the head!!! That must be my problem. My hair is growing in fact it's really growing a lot, it is not thick. I have to put a few drops of castor oil in my Nexxus Headress for it to appear thick. I never ever suspected the MSM. Wow! My new growth is coming in sooo soft and I too love not being able to run my hands through my new growth -- hehehe. Girl you just might be right.

I joined the surge challenge as of today. Hopefully its all that it sounds cracked up to be. The product smells good to me though, Like coconuts. Waiting a month or 2 to report hopefully fabulous results. I get 4 inches this month and ill post 100xs with raves
grin.gif
joking.

[ QUOTE ]
katie said:
bump.How are the results for the Surge Challengers?Any more feedback ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if it is my imagination or not, but my hair seems thicker...I KNOW it took twice as long to dry than normal yesterday..wrapped and under the dryer. I was pretty shocked when I came out from under at my usual time and was taking off the paper wrap and my crown was still damp! I dried some more, still damp...dried some more, fully twice as long as usual! My son says it looks longer. Won't measure until my next touch up in 2-3 weeks. I am using it once at night, sprayed on my scalp, parting and going all over my head. Sometimes I spray on ends before moisturizing, then vaseline or other oil on ends to seal. I braid in one braid, pin and then silk scarf at night. I moisturize,(UBC) and phony pony in the morning. By the way, did anyone see my post about Nexxus Epitome conditioner? Stopped my breakage, shedding in its tracks, first use!
shocked.gif

I've been using Surge for two weeks now and I have to say that it does what it claims. My edges are really starting to fill in, and to think I almost spent $20 for nioxin follicure booster.

debjay i think flax seed oil is supposed to help with thickness. i just know when i usually wear braids, the newgrowth is thick and bunchy at the root of the extension. this time, it was super soft and maybe average thickness. i love it for my skin and hair growth, though. so hopefully this surge, flax and maybe something else i dont know about will help restore my old school impenetrable roots!

i was thinking about this-- if everyone starts hearing about this it might start flying off the shelf and prices are gonna go up. Has anyone thought about buying a large amount of this stuff?

Also is it like rogaine where after you stop using it your hair falls out?

[ QUOTE ]
luvhair said:
Also is it like rogaine where after you stop using it your hair falls out?

[/ QUOTE ]

I called the company about a week ago about this. They stated that what causes hair to fall out after stopping the use of Rogaine are the hormones. A change in hormone levels means a change in the numbers of hairs shedding. The Surge company rep. stated that this product does not have hormones in it so if you stop using the prod., your rate of growth will just go back to normal--no side effects.

I got a note from my postman saying "Sorry we missed you" I was upset! LOL! Turns out they were just delivering my Hair Energizer pills.

I'm guessing I should get my Surge either today or tommorow, I'm interested in seeing what takes place. In my photo album, I'm creating a "Surge" album, so I can track the progress month to month or maybe I should do it every 14 days? Since according to the product it only takes that long to notice a result.

I think I'll do it once a month. Photos that is.

[ QUOTE ]
Tara said:
I got a note from my postman saying "Sorry we missed you" I was upset! LOL! Turns out they were just delivering my Hair Energizer pills.

I'm guessing I should get my Surge either today or tommorow, I'm interested in seeing what takes place. In my photo album, I'm creating a "Surge" album, so I can track the progress month to month or maybe I should do it every 14 days? Since according to the product it only takes that long to notice a result.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the url for the pic in your signature? Thanx.

I'm so surprise that Cathy Howes didn't made this product has her own. 1st: her price will be hard to buy when needed. 2md Only one good thing if she made surge : she might have moisture in plus 14. I think that's it. I glad all of you who try surge with results.

NOW I see why most you talk about if hormones (sp)in the surge.

[ QUOTE ]
HotCoCoGurl130 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Tara said:

[/ QUOTE ]

What is the url for the pic in your signature? Thanx.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.greatlengths.net/jpg/sara05.jpg
smile.gif

Okay, So I'm excited! I can admit it to you guys, I got my SURGE today, and tonight is night number one.

I didn't get any weird nose sensations, the smell is actually quite light IMO. My scalp doesn't have any sensation either. That's good to me, I don't want to be uncomfortable. I get that when I do my peppermint-hot oil treatments.

I can't remember if someone said this product had MSM in it, but I read the ingredients, I don't see it on there.

Tomorrow I will be using it as directed on the bottle, and use it twice per day. Once in the a.m. then again at night. I'll be taking my first "Surge" photo tomorrow, so that if there is growth or not, I can REALLY tell. Pics don't lie, but my eyes sometimes do. LOL!

Also, all over the bottle they keep saying "We guarantee it" so I'm thinking if I don't like it, I can get my money back.

I hope I can see a difference because with the amount of shrinkage I have, if I can see a difference in some photos, I'll KNOW it's working.

This isn't to down anyone's success with this line, but I decided to do some 'investigation' into the possible reasons for the increased growth that Surge products encouraged, and I made some observations.

I was looking at the ingredients to all three of the products in the Surge line on walgreens.com, starting with the Revitalizer. Based on its ingredient listing, the Revitalizer 14 doesn't appear too different from a typical protein reconstructor, except that you're not rinsing it out. The principal three ingredients aren't the biotin, keratin or the muccopolysaccharide (although the mucco is 4th)that it's marketed by. In addition to that, the biotin is so far down on the list:

Hair Revitalizer
Ingredients
Water , Cetrimonium Chloride , Propylene Glycol , Muccopolysaccharides , Hydrolyzed Keratin Protein , Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein , Polyquaternium-7 , Biotin , Fragrance , Methylparaben , Aloe Barbadensis Gel , Propylparaben , Citric Acid , Sodium PCA

The Woojee cream has even less 'Mucco' - it's the 7th ingredient down. A huge turn off for me is its high mineral oil content.

Woojee Cream
Ingredients
Water , Mineral Oil , Sorbitol , Stearic Acid , Glyceryl Stearate , Myristyl Myristate , Muccopolysaccharides , Cetearyl Alcohol , Ceteareth-20 , Sorbitan Monoleate , Hydroxyethyl , Cellulose , Tetrasodium EDTA , Tea Tree Oil , Olive Oil , Eucalyptus Oil , Coconut Oil , Shea Butter , Dicetyldimonium Chloride , Triethanolamine , DMDM Hydantoin , Fragrance

The Lotion Motion is high in natural oils that most of us here already use - jojoba, olive and vitamin-e. I remember reading that Soybean oil - the principal ingredient - is high in protein, so it would make sense that users experienced stronger new growth with this product.

Lotion Motion
Ingredients
Soy Bean Oil , Olive Oil , Jojoba Oil , Tocopheryl Acetate Vitamin E Oil , Aloe Vera Oil , Tea Tree Oil , Coconut Oil , Shea Butter , Clove Oil , Fragrance

Well that was my 'analysis' but congrats to everyone that have found this line to be very effective on their hair
smile.gif

bronzebrown, I know this is kind of off the subject...but how do you make your rosemary spritz? I was thinking about adding rosemary and sage EO to my Surge. You know..."Turbo-Surged"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Hey Moez. I use:
~ 8 oz distilled water
~ 10-12 drops of Rosemary eo
~ 1/2 tsp of pure vitamin e oil (28,000 IU - highly concentrated
up.gif
).

Mixed all together and applied with a spray bottle. If you're adding the vitamin e oil, don't forget to shake the bottle before every use. I adore this mixture, it's made my hair so supple and seems to have cut down on the split ends (not enough though
frown.gif
).

Hey Moez, well I've been cooling off on the hair measurements recently - I know that the spray has made my hair extremely soft, and keeps my scalp feeling clean in between washes [I shampoo]. In terms of growth..I think there's been a slight increase, but nothing drastic. Regardless of that, I feel like it's definitely contributed to my hair's health so I'll be sticking with it
smile.gif

You all have convinced me. I ordered two bottles over the internet ($5.99 each). The shipping and handling charge ($6.95) for ordering one bottle was more than the price of the Surge, so I ordered two to make the shipping charge worth my while. With these rave reviews, how could I resist.

So, this must have been the thread that started the rush...
rofl.gif
I know if I had seen the "4.5 inches in 2 months" for the first time, I might have felt a little dizzy myself.

updates anyone?

I'm late to the Surge bandwagon, but I'll be jumping on very soon. Thanks DDHair for posting your results using Surge with braids. Has anyone else with braids used this, and if so what were your results? Does it make more sense for me to wait till I remove them for good?

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO IMORRESSED. I'm going to Walgreeens tomorrow to get me some! I mean 4 inches a month???? With my new vitamin regimen and everything I'm going to be set for the new year.

I got Surge Hair Revitalizer Plus 14, on Monday 29 December 2003 and I have started using it and on Friday 2 January, I got the 9 oil lotion and the Woojee cream. I'll taking pictures of my hair before and after the Surge, so I can see the difference. What I did notice that when I undid my hair to wash it on Saturday 3 January, my hair did feel very soft, and it had a thicker appearance, it could be due to the fact that I started putting Castor and olive oil mixture on my roots and also, I have been rinsing more as well. I did notice, I had my hair out for most of the day, before washing, and it did not revert in a very tight into my scalp, it still had the full appearance. I would like to join in the challenge, I suspect it did feel very different, I think it is having an effect, but I shall really be able to say, by the ending of January.

What a joyous report!!! (lol...sorry so corny). Are u serious though?

[ QUOTE ]

I myself have worn a weave and gotten 5 inches of growth in less that 3 months. Good luck the product really does work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Back