Super Healthy Ends Challenge 2010!

I don't know if I am in the challenge even though I said I wanted to join!:ohwell: but I am checking in, my end are doing good, I baggy throughout the day and i moisturize with roots of nature shea butter and green tea and seal with Evoo oil today and the past couple of days!:lick:I'm keeping my my hair braided underneath my half wig. I'm hoping to keep all my length this year after my cut to neck-length....I BELIEVE I AM NECK-LENGTH.... I gotta learn hope to post pics quick!!!:lachen:

I haven't checked in for quite some time. I had my hair straightened at the beginning of April, so my ends were exposed for a couple of weeks. I put my hair in box braids this past weekend and my ends feel better already. I moisturized with Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing Leave-in Conditioner and sealed with my JBCO/EVOO mix.

I have been pretty consistent with my routine. Every night I moisten my hair by spraying with water. Then I moisturize with 1 of 2 moisturizers I use (Shea Butter and Mango Oil by Harmony from YT or UBH Lotion Creme Moisturizer) and I seal with the oil of my choice. It is usually Olive oil but I have used Castor Oil, Vatika Oil and Coconut Oil. I feel like my ends are thriving and doing well.

I need a trim, I haven't gotten a trim in a while but I really have to find a good place. Any suggestions for NYc??

hi, to all you beautiful ladies!!! good morning!!!! I am as we speak deep conditioning..... but I am checking in: I have been moisturizing and sealing daily and I will be trimming my next relaxer in october! it will be a 6 month stretch!!! so pray for me, my longest stretch ever!!!!:ohwell: I am hoping to gain more length and healthy hair!!! lets do this ladies!!! oh and by the way I am a newbie, looking to keep in touch on here with you hair care divas... I love to talk hair!!!:grin:

Don't worry Maracuja!!!! MAKE SURE U MOISTURIZE AND SEAL DAILY... AND SEE IF YOU NEED A TRIM AFTER A STRAIGHT WEEK OF DOING IT, U MAY JUST NEED SOME MINOR DUSTING!!!HHG....

I'm also in the braids challenge so that's impossible. I do moisturize every day though, and baggy when I take my braids out which is every three months.

Maracujá that's great... i wear braids under my half wig and I am having progress, i moisturize and seal and baggy 5-7 days a week... U will be fine, how much do you baggy? and make sure you not using too much product... look @ me, yes I AM A NEWBIE , but I have been lurking so long....

Maracujá that's great... i wear braids under my half wig and I am having progress, i moisturize and seal and baggy 5-7 days a week... U will be fine, how much do you baggy? and make sure you not using too much product... look @ me, yes I AM A NEWBIE , but I have been lurking so long....

I baggy overnight, once every three months.

So it's possible to baggy with braids in? I'll try that, thanks.
yes, i full head baggy overnight, or sometimes during the day, and take it off, let it air dry and it stays moisturized, and make sure you are balancing out your protein also.... and your welcome!!! I hope it helps, I' m sure it will...

Getting ready for my move, I washed, DC'ed, air dried, moisturized and sealed and put back in my cornrows and baggy last night!!! Ill be keeping them in and wearing half wigs during the challenge in june, and updating my pic in august.:grin:

:welcome:Diva. I see you have learned a lot from lurking. Keep up the good work. :yep:

I trimmed my ends on May 3, 2010. I only saw one split end, but I figured for the one I saw there must be 10 more somewhere on my head--better to just get rid of them all.

checking in baggying almost every day moisturizing with silk elements megasilk leave in cream and sealing with coconut oil

Checking in: I have been moisturizing and sealing my ends every other day and will be blow drying my hair in order to get a trim/dusting at Super cuts next week.

Ok so I just wanted to share some thing I did recently, I bought the cantu shea butter repair cream, and it was a bit drying, and thought to mix it with some products from home, I didn't want to waste it.:ohwell: well i mixed it with some ors replenishing conditioner, ors hair mayo, suave naturals coconut conditioner and some proclaim natural 7 oil..:lick: I know it seems like alot but I am a pj and i love mixing things and I find that sometimes it enhances the product tremendously. I deep conditioned for two hours(I love to deep condition) and oh my, what a mix, there was no build up, great slippage, hair is so moisturized(but not oily), and hair feels stronger and no hair came out during distribution!!!:grin:I'm going to stick with this!!! Just thought I share ...:lachen:

Last edited:
Signing up for session 2. I thought I was in the first one but, uh...ah well. I'm in now.

I am very dissatisfied with my hair right now. Anyone have that feeling where they just feel stuck?? That's me right now. I straightened my hair yesterday and my ends get a B- IMO. When I first came to the hair board 4 (ekk!) Years ago, I used to baggy every night and was on point with my growth aids and I got tons of growth that first year. Next week I am going back to full head bagging

i think i may be going to the dominicans for a blow out and trim this week, so i can get a jump start on my ends, even tho they don't look too bad to me, but it's better to be sure than anything, i want length so i will b on a challenge of my own with trying to maintain my ends and not get a dusting or a trim until my next relaxer since i am doing a 6 month stretch and i am only 4 weeks post relaxer, 5 more months to go..(and then maybe another dusting or trim). this will be my longest stretch , and i will use no heat besides when i go get this trim .:grin: or i may give myself a monthly pass, and see them once a month and do length checks to keep myself motivated cause I dont want my new-growth to drive me mad...:lachen:

Back