Super Healthy Ends Challenge.

checking in! I dusted yesterday, and my ends are looking GREAT! I've barely used any heat this summer, all buns. I've incorporated an occassional co-wash and I have been moisturizing my ends daily either with LTR Leave-In or my fav - Elasta QP mango butter :lick:. The new formula has olive oil & I love it even more!

I'm torn between whether I want layers or a blunt cut in the future. I'm thinking a blunt cut.

:blush: I forgot that I joined this challenge! Well, I am starting over as I just cut my hair to barely SL in order to get rid of all of the bad ends and layers.

So from now until December I will be doing weekly or bi-weekly henna treatments, hair in a protective style 90% of the time, twice daily moisture and 3x per week baggying.

Off to read the rest of this thread ....whew!

I am slowly but surely nursing my ends back to health. the good news is that they do not appear to be splitting but they are still kind of thin. I have however thickened them up some but using Cassia henna, moisturizing and sealing them with oil. And using shea butter on them. I trimmed .25 of an inch off the other day, so far so good.

I've been applying coconut oil to the bottom 2 inches of hair every day! This keeps them feeling smooth and soft. I'll be trimming soon, cause I haven't had one since February. My ends are doing OK-they have been pretty tangle free lately.

My ends are still crappy-looking....I haven't trimmed off all of the straight ends as yet and probably won't until next year.

Just checkin' in..still alternating between Kerastase, Paul Mitchell Super Strong and K-Pak Leave in after poo'ing and dc'ing..

This is a great challenge. I primarily keep my hair twisted up so the ends are away from danger. lol I n my opinion the less manipulation of your hair the longer it will grow. It has worked for me.

Rubbed unrefined Shea Butter (the yellow kind) all over and throughout my hair. I focused on the ends and I must say that I am really pleased with Shea Butter.

I don't feel its heavy at all for my texlaxed/relaxed hair.

Shea butter on my ends today......love that stuff!

I may have to try this.

I have been doing this for about two weeks and I am hoping it will make a difference. Eventually I will be trimming & chopping but I still need them to be healthy. My ends are soooo frustrating and I bun every single day. I have been doing twistouts here and there.

I'm still moisturizing and sealing every night. Currently using Oyin Juices & Berries, followed by my homemade oil blend in a mister. My hair is going to be in twists for most of the rest of the year, and when not, it'll be baggied (if my hair takes it) under a phony puff.

I have been doing this for about two weeks and I am hoping it will make a difference. Eventually I will be trimming & chopping but I still need them to be healthy. My ends are soooo frustrating and I bun every single day. I have been doing twistouts here and there.

How has the Shea butter been girlie?

Eventually I will be trimming & chopping but I still need them to be healthy. My ends are soooo frustrating and I bun every single day.

My sentiments exactly. I am so ready to take another 3 inches of relaxed ends off my head. They are working me HARD:wallbash:!!!

sign me up. I was so close to apl then because of the medicine i have been taking, my ends became a dry breaking mess. I trimmed about 2-3 inches off so I am shoulder length in the back and grazing collar bone in the front.
I am going to start baggying again. I already keep my hair up most of the time and use heat maybe twice a month. so hopefully now i can get it on track.

For me, the good news is that I am FINALLY starting to see only a few, or sometimes no, split ends when I look at my hair. The bad news is that I've done so much "search and destroy" that my ends have gotten very, very thin. It used to be that my ends were fairly blunt, and the last few inches of a braid stayed a uniform thickness... now my braids have only three hairs left at the end. :ohwell:

Just checking in. I had started backsliding a little bit. I was wearing my ends out a little too much and using my curling iron again. So now I am back to fake bunning for most of the week. I took a ponytail comparison shot on airdried ends. I didn't like what I saw and that scared me back on the straight and narrow path. I also upped my nightly sealing game.

My ends are holding up well. I check them regularly and moisturise daily so so far so good.

((((Where is everybody..body? Where'd everybody go..go..go???))))

I'm still bunning daily. I try to moisturize daily with Cantu Shea Butter and seal with unrefined shea butter.

Checking in since I don't do it very often. I have been moisturising like crazy. I make it a point to do it everyday. I think my ends are doing ok. I'm not seeing any breakage at all nor any excessive shedding. I'm protective styling about 7 days a week. There is the odd day I'll wear my hair down. Everything seems good so far.

Haven't checked in a while. Trimmed a lot July maybe a tad in august. I chose to braid for a couple weeks with hopes of preventing breakage, always using large tooth combs.

Still here...just did my first trim since April...I'll say it was 1/2 inch. I'm going to do an update pic this eve or tomorrow.

Keep it up ladies!!

I am so glad I discovered sealing. My ends still look good and its been 9 months since they were last cut at the salon.

I am so glad I discovered sealing. My ends still look good and its been 9 months since they were last cut at the salon.

That is great!

I'm kind of, well, I am scissor happy. I need to challenge myself not to cut for a long time like that. My ends were fine...I was just feinin' for a haircut :wallbash:

FYI, I started an update thread with pix of my ends...four mos is the longest I have ever gone without a trim or cut! So I'm going for six mos this time!!

I havent checked in in a while so here I am! I've been moisturizing and sealing almost every night with NTM silk touch and either carrott oil or EVCO and its been helping. I've also been a lil too scizzor happy lately...I had some damage on the left side of my head back in june so I've been chopping away. (3 trims since then..including one yesterday!) I would probably be APL by now if not for the breakage *sigh* but its okay...I wont trim again until next year hopefully if my scizzor happy tendencies subside.

Count me in please! Just wondering, but how do you protect the ends? Does bunning count? And if so, how exactly do you protect the ends when you wet or drybun?

Count me in please! Just wondering, but how do you protect the ends? Does bunning count? And if so, how exactly do you protect the ends when you wet or drybun?

Bunning DEFINITELY counts. In my opinion it's one of the best protective styles. I would use a good waterbased moisturizer on your ends (be generous with it), then seal the moisturizer in with your fave oil. Make sure your ends are tucked completely under with pins. Your ends will be moist and happy all day. :yep:

Back