Studies Show That Husbands Stress Women Twice As Much As Children

This is not surprising, and gives me even more evidence to my theory that women who come from married households are less likely to press marriage early in life, while men that come from these households want to get married, but not have kids early. Me and all my women friends that grew up with married parents are in no rush to get married. None of us are, actually, and we're in out 30s. It's funny, because our men want to, and I think the fact that not one of us is that excited about the prospect makes them want to even more. The men wanted to get married early af, but don't want kids, or at least don't want them right now.

Wow, your mom is not playing. She must really be done. I wouldn’t mind caretaking for someone who had made my life easier for years. With help too of course. But that’s the thing with remarrying late in life to more than likely a man even older than you, the odds increase to be thrown into a caretaking role for someone who hasn’t even enriched your life for any length of time and you will be at the age where you just don’t have years to dedicate to taking care of someone else.
Right. I would stay with hubs but it wouldn't be as big of a burden because I would have full-time help.

He has more than earned it regardless.

Why did you remove it!!??! :mad: I enjoy your posts so much!!
Awe. Thanks. Sometimes I feel like I'm typing dissertations :giggle: (because I am :rofl: when intrigued by a topic) and I try to break things up a bit as I so enjoy discussions and don't want to interrupt the flow. But this subject is so important so I was (as usual) super passionate but had so many thoughts on the topic. I will keep that in mind next time.

Awe. Thanks. Sometimes I feel like I'm typing dissertations :giggle: (because I am :rofl: when intrigued by a topic) and I try to break things up a bit as I so enjoy discussions and don't want to interrupt the flow. But this subject is so important so I was (as usual) super passionate but had so many thoughts on the topic. I will keep that in mind next time.

I read what you wrote and it did not seem repetitive to me. I too love your posts. I too type dissertations lol (maybe not quite as long or deep as yours :giggle: but dissertations nonetheless). You are very smart and thoughtful.

This is why we should be a lady. men will act accordingly and not stress you the heck out Im not about that superwoman life. I remember this guy I dated expected me to help him pack to move to his new place. I dont do no packing boxes or lifting for no man. gtfoh he had some nerve I was so upset about that i did not do it either.

Last edited:
This is why we should be a lady. men will act accordingly and not stress you the heck out Im not about that superwoman life. I remember this guy I dated expected me to help him pack to move to his new place. I dont do no packing boxes or lifting for no man. gtfoh he had some nerve I was so upset about that i did not do it either.

This made me think of a close friend of mine. She was moving out of state and her boyfriend came to help her move her things. I clearly remember her relaxing on the floor, talking about her hair because she had just gotten it done. Meanwhile, he was loading up the truck. Heavy stuff, light stuff, big, little, she wasn't doing a thing. Her words to me were, "He can do that."

When my mum and dad separated I wondered why she wouldn't just replace him, she had lots of options. Once they reconciled and she shimmied him to a different addreas she said she can't be dealing with any man's stress.

I believe her.

In a survey done by Today, which interviewed more than 7,000 moms from the United States, they found that on average, most moms would rate their stress levels at an 8.5 out of 10. According to the same study done by Today, almost half the mothers (46 percent) found that their husbands caused them more stress than their children did!

ogi29641.jpg

The study found that most mothers became stressed and irritated when they don’t have enough time in the day to perform all the tasks that needed to be done. Moreover, 75 percent of the participants stated that they did most of the parenting and household duties in the family.

And finally, researchers in that Today survey found that 1 in every 5 mothers said that a major source of daily stress was a lack of help from their significant other.

According to the University of Padova, these stress levels actually play a role later in life within the marriages as well as in health and longevity. These researchers found that later in life when the wife passes away, the husband’s health tends to deteriorate while when a wife loses her husband she tends to become healthier and shows improvement in dealing with stress and depression.

Mama-Mia.jpg

While the researchers at the University of Padova were unable to come up with a deciding factor as to why this was the case, they speculated that the cause was because male partners relied more heavily on their female partners than vice versa.

article-2323998-022389DB000004B0-942_634x444.jpg
Pinterest

An article done by Healthy Holistic Living revealed several tips that can bring partners closer together. If both spouses work full-time jobs, make sure there is a list of responsibilities that must be abided by. Simple congregation of duties such as splitting up who does what can relieve a lot of stress and get a lot more work done.

For instance, fathers can organize play dates, doctor appointments and deal with pick-up and drop off, while mothers can deal with homework duties and disciplining and reward. Nowdays with smartphones and tablets, couples can use a shared calendar app in order to keep one another accountable and up to date.

846798862-communication-problems-misunderstanding-head-in-hands-depression-mental-state.jpg
They needed a study for that?

Back