Straight Hair Natural's Support Thread

Fresh blowout as of yesterday. Slept in pin curls and avoiding the humidity as best I can. I told my stylist about my itchy scalp and shedding. I'll get a protein treatment at my next appt in two weeks. We are still trying to figure out why my scalp has been so devilish lately.

@curlyTisME it feels slightly coated because I've applied oil to it twice this week. I think if I had been massaging with NJoy's growth serum I'd definitely need to wash. But maybe I can go the weekend in a bun and then wash/dc and bun again for next week.

@curlyTisME it feels slightly coated because I've applied oil to it twice this week. I think if I had been massaging with NJoy's growth serum I'd definitely need to wash. But maybe I can go the weekend in a bun and then wash/dc and bun again for next week.

Depending on where you are I would probably wait until after the weekend too, the humidity in the South right now is out of control!

Any blow drying tips or resources that you ladies have? I like to plan way ahead lol...I'll be straightening my hair for Christmas, I may get it done professionally, not sure, I can't seem to get my roots straight/untangled during blow drying. My roots are beastly, but I don't want to just plow through them.

Any blow drying tips or resources that you ladies have? I like to plan way ahead lol...I'll be straightening my hair for Christmas, I may get it done professionally, not sure, I can't seem to get my roots straight/untangled during blow drying. My roots are beastly, but I don't want to just plow through them.
I would try to detangle thoroughly especially the roots before you blow dry. I would also use a paddle brush or Denman for the tension on the roots.

Depending on where you are I would probably wait until after the weekend too, the humidity in the South right now is out of control!
It was humid here for a few days before the rain started now with all the rain a rollers is completely pointless. I actually bunned this morning and my head is itchy. I'm going to wash and DC today. I can't take the itchy scalp. Lol

I have been having such good luck at TJ Maxx lately. A while ago I found a $210 Sultra Diva pressing iron for $60 and today I found the $165 Sultra Wicked iron for $25! I love the Diva iron but it only has 2 heat settings (420 and 450). I have finally gotten my products and blow drying technique down so that I don't need to hike up the heat as high on the iron. I bought the wicked one because it's set at 375 and I got even better results, go figure. I also got a T3 Featherweight blow dryer for $65 from there.

I also saw the $210 Sultra Seductress iron there once but I didn't get it because I had just bought the Diva one at the time. Today I saw the Agave Healing Vapors iron there too. It sells for $150 at Ulta. I don't remember how much it was at TJ Maxx. I know I'm late but I love this place for heat styling tools!

half my hair is natural and the other half is permanently straight via heat. the stylist thought i was transitioning!!

how do i make it so that my hair's texture is uniform?

I've realized that I don't care about my curl pattern at all anymore. Although it's holding up well I don't really care. Even when I wear my hair curly it's in a manipulated curly style. I can't do wash and gos as my hair gets longer because shrinkage is a beast, I don't do twist or braid outs since my hair is too fine and thin for that.

Perm rods are my best friend and they give me the exact desired curly style I want. My signature style never fails, perfect hair every time. Separate very little and pick it out a little and that's it. I'm loving my hair.

This week I'm wet bunning. Which I never thought I would be able to do and didn't understand how or why anyone would. But I get a perfectly smooth bun from the shower. Add a little gel and spritz my ends with my leave in and coconut oil before I tuck them under and I'm good to go. I can't believe my hair has been so easy lately. I'm nervous about getting bored though. Right now I realize I really only have 2 main styles that I'm working with.

I'm back ladies. I need a new flat iron! Hellllllppppp!

Also I'm about 1.5 inches away from hip length. I'm due for a trim, that'll be done on Tuesday, so I'll be 2.5 inches away. I need to trim that much X I haven't trimmed all summer.

We don't help people who are 1.5 inches from hip. You need to be helping us!
I kid! I kid! :p

I've been seriously eyeing the Paul Mitchell Express Ion Smooth. The stylist who trimmed my hair and her colleague said it is the best they've ever used.

So um Is got questions! Have you used heat long term and think it helped you with length? How often do you not use heat?
I'm back ladies. I need a new flat iron! Hellllllppppp!

Also I'm about 1.5 inches away from hip length. I'm due for a trim, that'll be done on Tuesday, so I'll be 2.5 inches away. I need to trim that much X I haven't trimmed all summer.

I am wigging it until Thanksgiving, but my hair is still straight underneath. I put some Kerastase conditioner on my hair and did braids. My celies are getting so long. I figured out that it's not the frequency of heat that stretches my curls. It is the length of time I keep my hair straight. I go anywhere from 2-4 weeks with my blowouts.

We don't help people who are 1.5 inches from hip. You need to be helping us!
I kid! I kid! :p

I've been seriously eyeing the Paul Mitchell Express Ion Smooth. The stylist who trimmed my hair and her colleague said it is the best they've ever used.

So um Is got questions! Have you used heat long term and think it helped you with length? How often do you not use heat?
I just have a fast growth rate. I retain better with heat but I've been back and forth with MBL/WL for about a year now. It's time I get over this hump.

Weekly or 7-10 days. I blow dry and flat iron. I don't straighten during the summer because it's pointless in NYC.

The only way I can post right now is by quoting someone and then editing my post. Annoying.

Anyway, why is taking so long for me to use up my products. I want to hurry up and use them all up so that I can buy new things but washing my hair so often in this ridiculous weather is not going to work. I really want to buy a new conditioner and a new leave in already.

Don't mind me. I'm just complaining over here.

The only way I can post right now is by quoting someone and then editing my post. Annoying.

Anyway, why is taking so long for me to use up my products. I want to hurry up and use them all up so that I can buy new things but washing my hair so often in this ridiculous weather is not going to work. I really want to buy a new conditioner and a new leave in already.

Don't mind me. I'm just complaining over here.

Me too girl. I thought I was going crazy. I can post from my phone just fine for now. I hate this update

Pin curling at night is so much easier for me than rolling. I'll apply some coconut oil to my scalp lightly tomorrow night.

So I done gone and bought what I wanted anyway. Another Dominican conditioner and shea moisture curl and style milk. Smh. Money I wasn't supposed to spend and new products when I haven't used the old. I'm the worst.

I just have a fast growth rate. I retain better with heat but I've been back and forth with MBL/WL for about a year now. It's time I get over this hump.

Weekly or 7-10 days. I blow dry and flat iron. I don't straighten during the summer because it's pointless in NYC.

I forgot to ask - are you trimming yourself or are you getting it done?

Back