**STEP IT UP ON THE GROWTH AIDS..PART 3**

Although, I have not been checking in daily I have been taking my morning & nightly doses of supplements and consuming 128 oz. of water daily. Today, I added efa oils to the mix and protein shakes.

ETA: I took my nightly dose with dinner and now I am off to bed.

Good night ladies.

Last edited:
Is it too late to join?
Not at all!!! Welcome to the challenge:grin:

I thought I read somewhere that once you stop using rogaine your hair falls out (someone correct me if I'm wrong)
I read that somewhere too. I don't have all the details as to why though.

I'd like to join in.

I'm a natural 4A with SL hair (I'm not sure what the length is when its stretched - check my avatar). I have the WGO and am very interested in getting some Mega Tek and that Hair Cocktail found in this thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=288413 . I take Shen Min HSN vitamins, chlorophyll and have started experimenting with Henna, Ayurvedic oils and powders. I'd like to be MBL by the end of 2010. Is this goal feasible?
Welcome to the challenge:grin:

I've been using my MT on the scalp everyday and EO growth mix on my thin areas. I just bought B-Complex and thinking of buying Chlorella or a hair vitamin. Once I finish this internship I'm going to start my new healthy life (eating right, exercising, drinking more water, less stress, more positivity) to detoxify my body of this negative lifestyle I'm living now.

I am still on the Biotin, Spirulina & Chlorella and Upping My Water Intake to about 64oz + a day. I am still using my Homemade Mixture of EVCO, EVOO & Avacado Oil. I have been Baggying in the Baggying Challenge with Mane 'N Tail Creamy Intensive Leave In Treatment. I have Surge, but I think it was making my scalp tender or itch? Or Either the Surge and the MT were playing well together.:burning:

I still apply Mega-Tek Straight to Scalp Only nightly, but since I just relaxed over the weekend, will not be using MT for about a week. I also stop using a week before and a week after Relaxing. I may use the Surge, and not use the Mega-Tek to do a fair comparison.

Still applying my Growth Elixir and Bee Mine on alternate nights. I finally hit shoulder length. Yay!

Attachments

• May09.jpg
    May09.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Im not sure my busy schedule allows me to do the whole growth aid thing :nono:(topical)...As of right now, im just allowing my hair to grow on its own..Maybe I will revisit it in the future.... Happi Hair Growing to everyone

Ok, I wanna join. I must get my hair to BSL by October '09. I will be using my concoction of various growth aides. I am barely grazing APL now and I am pretty tall.

Im not sure my busy schedule allows me to do the whole growth aid thing :nono:(topical)...As of right now, im just allowing my hair to grow on its own..Maybe I will revisit it in the future.... Happi Hair Growing to everyone

Don't be disuaded by the perception that it takes a lot of time. I use growth oil mixes and I spend no more than 60 seconds applying them each night. The nozzle applicator helps. I don't even part my hair, I just use the nozzle to get it on my scalp.

I would like to join this challenge...I will be a using an MN mixture every other day. One day when i decide to stop being cheap I will go buy some batteries for my camera and take a pic..oy

Still applying my Growth Elixir and Bee Mine on alternate nights. I finally hit shoulder length. Yay!
Congratulations on your progress:yep:

Don't be discouraged. Maybe you can find growth aids that are not topical, like vitamins. I have the same problem as you, I just don't have enough time and energy, so now I am doing vitamins and water which are easier to fit into my schedule. Try taking a break from topical aids and try other things. ***Hugs***

I'd love to join!I'll be using OCT and Mega-tek.
Welcome to the challenge:yep:

Ok, I wanna join. I must get my hair to BSL by October '09. I will be using my concoction of various growth aides. I am barely grazing APL now and I am pretty tall.
Welcome:spinning:

I would like to join this challenge...I will be a using an MN mixture every other day. One day when i decide to stop being cheap I will go buy some batteries for my camera and take a pic..oy
Welcome:drunk:

ladies, I am way behind in adding names to the list. If your name is not on the list and you would like to be added PLEASE PM me.

I've started up my Biotin again (2000 mcg) and B12 (200mcg). My bangs really need help if my hair is ever going to look like something, so I'm applying Bee Mine and MN to that area only.

I'm thinking about applying MT again but I just got a blowout and don't want it to revert too soon. Will start the MT next week.

Using BM everynight for the past week. I think I'm growing but cant really tell b/c I'm 13 weeks post.

CHecking in: I am so proud of myself. I took m supplements every day this weekend and drank my 2 liters of water! Weekends are when I usually fall of the wagon.

Ok I am in.... I am doing MT, CHL, and SP. Currently in kinky twist till OCT 09( not the same one's ...LOL).
I am spraying MT mixed with StaSoftFro and Alma Oil on the scalp twice a day. Using Sta Soft Fro mixed with Leave In Conditioner on braids and sealing with Mango Butter( experiement) to keep my actual hair moist.
My goal is APL by Oct 09.:yep:

I have StaSoftFro and MT in the house and never eva thought of combing them. How is that working for you???

I may try it as an easier way to apply my MT in between the parts of my braids (currently I'm using a color applicator and massaging the my MT/Coconut oil mix into my scalp, but the hole at the tip is kinda big and it can get messy)

I am in cornrows and am applying MTG every night. I spray my hair with my glycerine mix and baggie at night. I am going on the master cleanse to make sure my vitamins are working.

I am in cornrows and am applying MTG every night. I spray my hair with my glycerine mix and baggie at night. I am going on the master cleanse to make sure my vitamins are working.

be careful. you are not supposed to take any vitamins or supplements while on the master cleanse.

Okay, it's been a while since I've posted, but I've remained faithful to the growth aids. :rolleyes:

Been using my serum every night on my edges and every other day on my whole head.

Still taking a multivitamin, flaxseed oil, and vitamin c.

I'm natural so I can't tell if anything is working or not. At any rate, a watched pot never boils...or something like that. :grin: I'll do a length check sometime at the end of July.

Oh, and some mornings, when I have time, I like to apply my mixture of emu oil, rosemary, tea tree, peppermint, and ylang ylang "grease" to my scalp, followed by a quick five minute massage. I get the tingly's like crazy whenever I do this.

Just checking in still using my regimen MN/mix liking the growth in a sew in, right now..Will be braiding it up the end of this month until the next length check which will be in August

Still using my topical GAs daily. I find that using them right after I shower allows for better absorption and my scalp feels a lot better more moisturized than ever. I have been trying to stay faithful to my vitamins but the evening ones are hit or miss since I'm so tired at night. I added B-complex since it was BOGO at Walgreens. Now I'm taking in the AM: Multivitamin, MSM, Vitamin E and in the PM: Biotin, MSM, Vitamin E and B complex and if I remember I take MSM at lunch. This is to help with my crappy diet of no breakfast (most days) TV dinners for lunch and junk for dinner if I can't cook.

Been using all kinds of stuff. Still taking my MSM and chlorella. Used my OCT last night (on my scalp). Just washed my hair and I'm going to apply Afroveda growth elixer today, then some Bee Mine tonight. Tomorrow night, OCT.

Back