Statistical Divas Help Me Out Do Mixed Children Marry B Or W?

I know you ladies love stats and research. I was just wondering in the US do mixed kids
tend to marry Black or White?

My guess is they tend to marry white because they have a majority of white mothers.

Not so random question

Most mixed guys, with a white mother marry white women.

Most mixed girls, with a black father marry black men.

That’s all from my observation.

I don’t have the exact data but I’m sure someone will give you the numbers.

One thing about Meghan was I don’t think she ever dated a BM, and she is just their type so that was interesting.

One thing about Meghan was I don’t think she ever dated a BM, and she is just their type so that was interesting.
I agree with this based on that I’ve seen.

I agree based on observations. As far as Meghan, her dad is white so that makes sense to me. I see it in the reverse too - most of the mixed guys I know with a black mom, marry black (or other mixed) women.

I could see this being true... President Obama broke the mold though...the Mowry twins are interesting also; it would seem they would pick similar spouses.

IMO, the attitude of the parents and which race had more exposure is the biggest influence............... for instance, if the family lives in a black neighborhood, black schools and mostly black friends (or the reverse) then dating tends to follow the same pattern. But in general, being biracial is not seen as a "problem" in the AA community, so it provides more advantages/ease when dating black.

Two biracial tha t I know

One dates either or. Ended up marrying white. Also divorcing.

The other I’ve only seen with white.

Both fathers are black.

Both are gay.

The one who married decided at the insistence of her ex-wife to do insemination with a white donor.

Her sibling was very upset about the decision.

Okay, I've been searching for some real data, just for fun.

I didn't find any data for the USA yet, but for the UK:
Mixed race women (who are black and white), like Markle, are more likely to marry or cohabitate with white men in the UK. According to the 2011 census, 65% of mixed-race women (black and white) are married or cohabitate with white men. Around 16% are in a relationship with mixed race men (black and white), while just 14% are in a relationship with black men.

The opposite was true for black British women. They were most likely to be married or cohabitate with black men (79% said they were). Around 16% had partners who were white, while 2% had partners who were mixed race (black and white).

https://qz.com/1279306/royal-wedding-2018-meghan-markles-mixed-race-marriage-isnt-unusual-in-the-uk/

Back