Spinoff - Where are the NTM users?

mrslee said:
Hey Mona!! :wave: How many weeks post relaxer are you?
I am at 7 weeks and my hair is looking like "The lion King's sister"!!

LOL!!!! My other hair twin :wave:....I will be 9 weeks post relaxer tomorrow....7 more to go....until I slap the "hair killer devil" on my hair...:look:

I'm so mad at "The Lion King's sister"...summin iz wrong wid u! LOL....

I just wear my hair in two pigtails and slap my quick weave on.;)
I feel like the DDC will definitely get me to the 16 week mark, no problem.
Will wear my hair down for my birthday.

I should have new pics up by the beginning of May...to see if I see any difference between then and January.

I know u have to be hovering in the hair department by now...how long are u gonna stretch?

Cincysweetie said:
Ha ha no prob showing NTM some love. (And it was not a deserved bashing, might I add). Anyway, I totally could go 16 weeks having the DDC by my side for co washes, but I just can't wait to relax...so 13 weeks here I come!

You got that right!!
My new growth is coming in all crinkly and tight. Mostly Z's and S patterns. Man I don't know what I would do without the DDC. I wouldn't be able to stretch relaxer this long..I know that.

sylver2 said:
You got that right!!
My new growth is coming in all crinkly and tight. Mostly Z's and S patterns. Man I don't know what I would do without the DDC. I wouldn't be able to stretch relaxer this long..I know that.

Mines is coming in crazy coily, lol. U R not playing Sylver! Sylver is going for waist length...going...for the gusto! I'm so proud of u for making it this long without turning to the hair crack....;)

MonaLisa said:
Mines is coming in crazy coily, lol. U R not playing Sylver! Sylver is going for waist length...going...for the gusto! I'm so proud of u for making it this long without turning to the hair crack....;)

Lol..Girl it is calling me. That hair Crack is calling me like crazy. I'm shaking.
I am purposely waiting till right before I go to Vegas April 27.
I want it BONE STRAIGHT. I miss my bone straight look sooooooo bad. Thats why I know I can never go natural. I hate CURLS, I HATE Thickness in my hair, I hate waves. I crave the bone straight.
Vegas better be worth the wait.

MonaLisa said:
LOL!!!! My other hair twin :wave:....I will be 9 weeks post relaxer tomorrow....7 more to go....until I slap the "hair killer devil" on my hair...:look:

I'm so mad at "The Lion King's sister"...summin iz wrong wid u! LOL....

I just wear my hair in two pigtails and slap my quick weave on.;)
I feel like the DDC will definitely get me to the 16 week mark, no problem.
Will wear my hair down for my birthday.

I should have new pics up by the beginning of May...to see if I see any difference between then and January.

I know u have to be hovering in the hair department by now...how long are u gonna stretch?

LOL!! Well I have an appt. scheduled for March 6, because I am going out of town on the 11th and wanted to be cute. I was planning on holding out until April 10th, but I dont think its going to happen this time around. These vitamins make it seem like I am 26 weeks post relaxer!

sylver2 said:
Lol..Girl it is calling me. That hair Crack is calling me like crazy. I'm shaking.
I am purposely waiting till right before I go to Vegas April 27.
I want it BONE STRAIGHT. I miss my bone straight look sooooooo bad. Thats why I know I can never go natural. I hate CURLS, I HATE Thickness in my hair, I hate waves. I crave the bone straight.
Vegas better be worth the wait.

Hmmmm....Sylver...bone straight hair....Vegas....

*What happens in Vegas...stays in Vegas...*:look:

MonaLisa said:
LMBO!!!!! You are the one wearing the "Ms. LHCF Challenge 2005" sash....
:look:

Lub u. LOL...

Alright!!! Step back!! I just hope all of this is worth it!! I cant wait to see what happens on Sunday!

LOL...I had a NTM DDC crack moment today...I thought I didn't have enough...so I cut open the tube (that damned tube) and there was more than enough for another application, so my hair got a good drenching today...(the leave in, both on wet and dry hair and my serum)

good thing...I had to be out the door today...I used a blow dryer...not directly on my hair with an attachment, just to dry it...but I had to break out the flat iron...and I haven't used those things in awhile...and my hair cussed me out. :mad:

Mo's hair: "I said I don't like heat *&(*&*((&^ like that on me!"

There will be no more of that for a good long while...I will be drenching my hair in NTM DDC in a couple of days behind this episode.

All because of a damned man and my vanity....:look:

The serum works wonders for my hair (for frizzies and softness :D) and I loooooooove the way it smells. I wish they had a larger bottle though :ohwell:

Well I have the conditioner, serum, mask and leave in. Tonight I used the mask for the first time......based on the pics it does seem to have worked wonders...guess I have to wait for it to dry before I give my final verdict but so far I'm loving it.

****Pics in Journal****

Last edited:
From the NTM line I use----

NTM Cream Shampoo--as my second lather
NTM Cream Leave in --on dry hair

Can't use the mask--as you can see I love LOREAL Color Vive Mask
John Frieda makes the best serum for my hair. (Xtra Strength Frizz Ease)------------ Used this in Germany and do not know why in the world I stopped!

Heyyyyyy senimoni and ebony :wave:Senimoni lol...u would be a member of a chosen few...who's hair actually likes the mask...glad it worked for you...

I have seen some definite improvement in my hair...I think I'll have a more "kapow" effect around touch up time. I'll be making my conditioner run in a few to replenish my DDC stash.;)

@ Ebony....freeking Sylver has got me started using NTM leave in on dry hair...and the sucka actually works for me like that...go figure.

I love my NTM serum...big time...but I'm thinking about combining it with this John Frieda x-tra strength...just to see...:look:

MonaLisa said:
Heyyyyyy senimoni and ebony :wave:Senimoni lol...u would be a member of a chosen few...who's hair actually likes the mask...glad it worked for you...

I have seen some definite improvement in my hair...I think I'll have a more "kapow" effect around touch up time. I'll be making my conditioner run in a few to replenish my DDC stash.;)

@ Ebony....freeking Sylver has got me started using NTM leave in on dry hair...and the sucka actually works for me like that...go figure.

I love my NTM serum...big time...but I'm thinking about combining it with this John Frieda x-tra strength...just to see...:look:

It could be b/c I have used so few products I have nothing to compare it to...I'm assuming other people don't like it b/c they have other masks that do more....but it ain't broke so..Its a keeper.

MonaLisa said:
:shocked: Why are you going to mess up a good thing? :lol: Mixing the secret serum with another serum is not advised.

Allandra said:
:shocked: Why are you going to mess up a good thing? :lol: Mixing the secret serum with another serum is not advised.

LOL!!!:lol: Okay, Okay, Okay!!!! I won't mess with a good thing!!!!

****BREAKING ALERT FOR NTM USERS...BREAKING ALERT****

The sale may be different in your area....but...in NYC...Rite Aid has NTM products for one dollar off....one dollar off - March 6th -12th****

Mo is heading off to pick up some DDC and serum...:look:

Last edited:
Because of you ladies I have no tried the creamy leave-in on dry hair and I LOVE it. I wanted to practice some pin-curls and since my hair was dry it was ther perfect time to try it. My strands felt so silky. I will definetely do this again.

MonaLisa said:

Hey girl, if your talking about the John Frieda Frizz Ease xtra strength serum that I use and absolutely love, I don't know about mixing it with NTM on dry hair. I usually put the John Frieda on soaking wet hair. Then blow dry.
Also if your hair is fine, I'd recommend the regular serum strength. Its expensive, I use to buy the little sample packages they had for $1.99.
..but its the bomb.

Okay...I was told by MonaLisa to post here LOL!!! *Hey Mona :wave:*

nfynit_812 said:
Uh oh...last week when it was on sale at CVS, I bought the NTM Deep Recovery Hair Mask too along with the shampoo because just like you, I've been hearing the rave reviews about it (I'm a PJ, can't help it!).

Haven't used it yet; when I take my braids out next week, I will use it in place of my Kenra MC...just this once to see if I like it.

I actually used it a few days ago....first off, the shampoo is just as good as the Kenra MC!!! It smells great and it didn't tangle my hair too much! I loved how it left my hair! And, I didn't use alot of the NTM Deep Recovery Hair Mask and glad I didn't...my hair hasn't been this soft in a long time! NTM works for my hair!!! Lovin' it-and my hair type is a 4a :)

MonaLisa said:

Fortunately, I'm one of the chosen few. I love the mask. Agreed, the DDC & Serum are the bom diggity "as the youngsters say". But, I like the mask also.

@nfynit -- LOL!:wave: Thank you girl!!!!!! We need all the love we can get...keep the movement going forward!;) Glad ur feeling the mask and using as directed...yeah!

@Sylver- hola chica! Ur right, I think I'll try one of those sample packs - and try regular if I do. I truly am a NTM serum addict..so if it ain't broke..:look: - I took my broke behind to Rite Aid and got two tubes of the DDC and a serum...

@Waterchylde - We all have Sylver to thank for this NTM leave in on dry hair...she done started a craze!!!!!!! That sucka works for me like that...I wouldn't have thunk it.

@Cowgirl - Yes, the DDC and the serum are truly the shiznit...;) Co-signing on the Mask...but I had to get the DDC first...I may break down and get another tube tomorrow..:look:

Okay, I'm a believer! I thought I was over my PJism, but I've got to go back and get some more of this line now! I love the daily conditioner!!

naptrl said:
Okay, I'm a believer! I thought I was over my PJism, but I've got to go back and get some more of this line now! I love the daily conditioner!!

Nahhhhhh girl! That was a temporary moment!

If you love the DDC....give the serum a try...those are my two main addictions...along with the NTM leave in.

Then..when I want a treat..I mix the DDC with the Mask...when I have extra loot...I'll treat myself to the hot oil blend - sure u could do your own oils...I just do this as a treat. I use the poo to alternate with my keracare.

Let us know when u try more of the line..;)

Oh, I'm off to Wal-Mart after work!! I'll be trying it tonight. It's time to CO wash/maybe poo wash who knows...my hair again!! I'm gonna give this stuff a try!

MonaLisa said:
Then..when I want a treat..I mix the DDC with the Mask...when I have extra loot...I'll treat myself to the hot oil blend - sure u could do your own oils...I just do this as a treat. I use the poo to alternate with my keracare.

do you like the oil blend? i was thinking bout buying it. or should i just make my own?

vangrey said:
do you like the oil blend? i was thinking bout buying it. or should i just make my own?

U could do your own girl...I just like using it for a lil treat from time to time...with my lazy ***...it's just that combination of whatever that NTM uses...just really agrees with my hair.;)

crml_buttafly said:
do you think i could mix the ntm leave in with ego boost?

Hmmm...first..I had to find out what ego boost was....lol...

"Ego boost split end mender and leave-in conditioner will seal, smooth and protect your hair."

I don't see why not? Folks are experimenting with the mixing of leave-ins with good results. CCD will have me mixing Lacio Lacio with NTM this summer -I just wanna see if there's any difference...

Please give results Crml_buttafly if you do...and what difference in results, if any.. :)

Last edited:
Back