Speed Dating: Ever tried it?

Hello ladies: Has anyone ever tred this? Or would you be willing to? I'm in Chi and thee are some events coming up I'm gonna check them out. I was hoping some of you beautiful ladies would have some insight as to what I could possibly expect. Any success stories or nightmares, please share. I'm hoping to get more comfortable in dating. I've never actually dated, I've only had bfs. TIA

*sorry for any typos I'm on my cell*

I've tried it here in Miami and it's sooooo fun. It becomes a little redundant because you're basically starting every conversation the same (career, age, where you are originally from, etc.), but you'll most likely meet some interesting people! Just go in without any expectations!

I signed up for it and the event was canceled and I never got my money again. Black people, we have to do better.

Oh sorry to hear about you being scammed. I'm gonna give it a try. I hae to learn how to date ad I have to start somewhere. I'm breaking out of my shell this year. lol.

thanx for your input ladies

I did it back when it was new on the scene (in 2002).

I ended up dating someone for three months from it. I didn't expect that at all.

Overall, I look at it as a fun evening with the chance to meet new people. I've also gotten a few real dates out of it, but past that, nothing totally serious. Then again, you're looking to just date, so I think it's a great idea to go and get practice interacting with different men!

Have fun! (And if you drink, an appletini beforehand helps the nerves a bit! :lol:)

lol. thanx Bunny. I appreciate it. I am so anti-social in general but especially wth men. I've never had a chance to actually date so i have no idea what I'm doing.

Back