Soultanicals Reviews

Previously my moisturizer, butter, & DC products have been mostly thick and creamy: Marula Melon, Fluffalicious, Knot Kokoa, Knot Pumpkin, and Magical Molasses Deep-Constructor. The Knot Butters are the loosest of the bunch but not necessarily soupy. For the record, they were all thick even before I refrigerated them.

From this past sale, the Afrotastic is thick and creamy but the Magical Molasses Deep-Constructor is awful compared to my other jar of it.

Soultanicals responded and they'll be sending me another Molasses DC. Of course they were spouting that 'natural products tend to vary' :blah:

I get that natural products will vary. I expect a minimal amount of variance. Keyword is minimal. But come on son, I almost have two different products :bat:

Attachments

• IMG_20160117_135736.jpg
    IMG_20160117_135736.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20160117_135626.jpg
    IMG_20160117_135626.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 49
Soultanicals responded and they'll be sending me another Molasses DC. Of course they were spouting that 'natural products tend to vary' :blah:

I get that natural products will vary. I expect a minimal amount of variance. Keyword is minimal. But come on son, I almost have two different products :bat:
Mine looks like a darker version of the first picture. That second picture is a darn shame.

I have been with this line for awhile....the only problem I personally have had with her line was about a year or 2 how her stuff would go bad in a matter of 2 months. But that has been fixed. I don't like her DC's, for that amount of money, there is no performance to them so I stay clear of them. My hair doesn't really like milks so I can't just say it's hers....everything else from her line my hair loves. All my products were great from black Friday till now. But I have also seen consistency issues mainly from marula and fluffalicious....but the performance was the same. Knot sauce has stayed consistent throughout all my 4 yrs of buying from her. And it's like crack to my hair. Knot buttas have been the same for me as well. Now consistencies have slightly changed for these when they have different names, like knot berry and knot cocoa or knot pumpkin. But performance has always been the same. I feel bad that you guys are having issues with her products....hopefully with the lab she now has it will be better.

@rileypak

Did you ever receive a satisfactory resolution to the inconsistent Molasses DC? Because I have two jars of that look just like yours - full of white speckles.

@rileypak

Did you ever receive a satisfactory resolution to the inconsistent Molasses DC? Because I have two jars of that look just like yours - full of white speckles.

They're sending me a replacement jar. It's satisfactory for what it is.

I won't be repurchasing it though which is really a shame because it's a nice DC. I just don't have the energy to deal with inconsistencies though. I'll use up what I have and leave it be.

They're sending me a replacement jar. It's satisfactory for what it is.

I won't be repurchasing it though which is really a shame because it's a nice DC. I just don't have the energy to deal with inconsistencies though. I'll use up what I have and leave it be.

I can completely understand. This order came haphazardly thrown in a big box without any cushioning or protective measures inside it (thankfully, nothing was broken or spilled). Even though I'm liking my soups, I have a horde of other stuff that I can use that is equally as effective and less of a headache.

@rileypak @PJaye

Maybe because it was a Fiddy% Sale and they were 'rushing' to get things out?:ohwell:

Definitely not making excuses for ST'icals, *cough*:look: but it seems like they rushed through the Formulation/Blending.

I strongly suspect that may be the reason for all of the inconsistencies with this line. However, I've always strongly preferred to have my order and products be done properly, as opposed to receiving them swiftly. This is why sit my behind down and wait without complaint after placing an order. I want it right, not fast.

@rileypak @PJaye

Maybe because it was a Fiddy% Sale and they were 'rushing' to get things out?:ohwell:

Definitely not making excuses for ST'icals, *cough*:look: but it seems like they rushed through the Formulation/Blending.

Probably so but I just can't. I'm too tired to bother. I'm already moving on to find a replacement for it.
I'll still purchase other stuff from ST at least until my VIP discount is out but the Molasses DC is off that list.

@IDareT'sHair

Yeah most likely but I'm done with that particular product. I don't need the frazzled emotions from dealing with inconsistencies with it.
I still have the Afrotastic Curl Elastic DC, which I have a feeling I'll like, so I'll just repurchase the salon size of that one during a 30-35% off sale if it agrees with my hair.

Last edited:
I went ahead and sent them an email about those sorrel kink drinks. I poured it in a glass and there is NO oil in it. Every last bottle that I have ever ordered had oils float to the top. This is why it isn't working for my hair. It is basically AVJ and water. I am SOO pissed off. I sent them an email and I will see how they respond. It's been 2 days and I haven't heard anything. This will be the deciding factor on if I continue to purchase from them. I have already begun looking for replacements for the Knot Butter and the Sorrel.

Reporting back....
So I finally heard back from Soultanicals. They apologized and offered to send replacements. I honestly was not expecting that, so I was pleasantly surprised. I have a tracking number WITH movement!

I only hope that the ones I receive are the ones I actually love. With all these consistency issues, I am wondering if it has to do with her new distribution setup. I hope she irons out the kinks soon.

Anyway, I will keep y'all posted, but kudos to Soultanicals' customer service.

Wow, yes both jars that I have smell exactly like watermelon.
While this fast shipping is good, the quality control is definitely lacking.
Go to U1B1. Froreal3's doesn't have any fragrance, so I was checking to if it was supposed to smell melon-y.

Are you freakin serious? I'm dreaming of this stuff smelling like APB watermelon or honey dew scent, yet this mess smells like cocoa butter or something! Definitely no melon scent. You sure it's not a faint melon scent or something? Because you know I can't even detect faint. You know I like strong scents. I was so disappointed that mine smelled so generic.

Are you freakin serious? I'm dreaming of this stuff smelling like APB watermelon or honey dew scent, yet this mess smells like cocoa butter or something! Definitely no melon scent. You sure it's not a faint melon scent or something? Because you know I can't even detect faint. You know I like strong scents. I was so disappointed that mine smelled so generic.

Dang, I'm thinking maybe you got a jar of the regular Marula Muru and they got the labels mixed up? It's supposed to smell like watermelon, and it's not faint either.
I just opened my jar and the smell of watermelon knocked me in the face, still, and it's half way gone.

I hope you get this resolved soon @Froreal3 .

Back