Soultanicals Reviews

I have THE MOST picky and finicky hair on the freakin planet. I WISH I could find multiple staples in different categories. That is why I get so krunk (um, do people still use that word??? #ATLIEN) when I find something that works. When I have these issues, I feel like I am going back to square one and it is expensive and time consuming to find staples.
@AgeinATL

"Pinky & Finicky" does pose a real issue. I Hate Inconsistency problems.:nono:

Sorry that happened to you @AgeinATL . Girl I still say Crunk lol! Yes, this is one reason I am opening my arsenal to on the ground mainstream and even DIY. All she has to do is mess up that Marula Muru and it will be on to the next.

Just to make you laugh, that bad batch may soften my hair since the regular batch makes it hard and crispy.

LOL!!! Girl, I would even chance it! My hair rolled its eyes at me...

I recently ordered the Knot Sauce. I was very excited after hearing rave reviews. It was just ok on my 4z hair. I tried it on wet and dry hair and it moisturized a little but left my hair hard. I gave it away after two uses. My homemade moisturizing spray works waaaay better.

Received Shipping Notice for the 50% Off Sale.
I got:

x3 of the Cleansing Conditioners (1st time trying/buying)
x1 Curl Conditioning Crème

Right now, the Curl Conditioning Crème is the only thing I have been consistently buying from this entire line.

I really hope I like the Cleansing Conditioner

Most of my ST'icals Stash, I swapped out with another poster.

I should have tried the Molasses Mask (before I swapped it) because it's been getting really good reviews.

Overall, this line for me is basically meh...but the Sales keep pulling me back in here.

All right, All right, they do have cute names and smell good, but the overall performance (other than the Curl Conditioning Cream) has been lackluster for me.

I ordered pretty early (5am the same day the sale started) during the 50% sale and hadn't received a shipping conformation. I ordered previously and thought I'd receive my stuff pretty fast being that I received my BF order quickly and I was probably with the first batch orders during the 50% sale. She also made I seem as if they had product on hand, pre-made, stocked and ready to go.

So basically to fill orders, all she had to do was go to USPS to ship.

I emailed her Friday asking when shipping notices would be sent (I know there was an additional 5 business days added), b/c it was passed the additional time and I was checking to see if there would be additional delays.

She got slightly defensive, telling me she wasn't late or behind, and that the last of the orders were shipped out a couple days ago.

I'm thinking if she processes her orders in a queue, my order should not have been with the last of the orders. The next day I get a shipping notice and it was shipped, Saturday (yesterday) and should arrive next week.

My wash day is Monday and I'm out of DC, I wanted to use her DC, being that I had already ordered, I was hoping to use that tomorrow, but now I will have to purchase a DC for my wash day.

I may just make one. I'm trying to not be a PJ in 2016.

My end of the year items arrived today. She included a sample of the baby line for me.

I think I might use the Knot Gelatin tonight to braid my hair up and see how it holds up tomorrow.

I went ahead and sent them an email about those sorrel kink drinks. I poured it in a glass and there is NO oil in it. Every last bottle that I have ever ordered had oils float to the top. This is why it isn't working for my hair. It is basically AVJ and water. I am SOO pissed off. I sent them an email and I will see how they respond. It's been 2 days and I haven't heard anything. This will be the deciding factor on if I continue to purchase from them. I have already begun looking for replacements for the Knot Butter and the Sorrel.

Since it's my 1st time trying the Cleansing/Cowash, I will have no idea if I have a good batch or one with consistency issues?:angry2:

My 'beloved' Curl Conditioning Crème is all that. I hope nothing ever goes wrong with it.

Last edited:
My package finally arrived.

I'll be emailing about this Molasses Deep-Constructor. It's much darker and thinner than the previous one I purchased PLUS there's white specks all throughout the jar letting me know it wasn't mixed properly at all :mad:

It's such a shame that her line is plagued with consistency issues because when her products are done properly, they are utterly amazing.

I sent an email. I'll see what they say but I'm not holding my breath.
Nothing from the line was a staple or HG so I'm not particularly bothered about replacing the Molasses Deep-Constructor in my stash but still consistency issues from companies annoy me.

I've been with Soultanicals since she launched.

Several items have always been different when received. The only product that I never seen the consistency difference in was the Knot Sauce. The hair milks have been consistency in how they perform but a few have had different hues. I am used to different consistencies with most natural lines so as long as it performs the same , it doesnt bother me.

I will say that her deep conditioners and cleansers tend to be totally off sometimes and those I am leery of repurchasing. I LOVED the fluffacious I originally had but my new jar is totally off. sigh.

As a long time PJ, I have products that sit months, and then I love them, so, I go to repurchase and its different or reformulated. I see if it works the same and if not , keep it moving.

I dunno, soultanicals stay getting me with the new names and products. Its like I know.. it might not go well but paynah stay getting me

I've been with Soultanicals since she launched.
I will say that her deep conditioners and cleansers tend to be totally off sometimes and those I am leery of repurchasing. I LOVED the fluffacious I originally had but my new jar is totally off. sigh.
As a long time PJ, I have products that sit months, and then I love them, so, I go to repurchase and its different or reformulated. I see if it works the same and if not , keep it moving.
I dunno, soultanicals stay getting me with the new names and products. Its like I know.. it might not go well but paynah stay getting me
@shawnyblazes

Agree with this Entire Post.

Now I am slightly 'uncomfortable' with the Cold Play Cleansers.

However, since I've never tried it before I have nothing to compare it with. So, I'll probably love it.

I agree, my Fluffalicious was totally different from the 1st time I purchased.

The Sales, the scents, the deep discounts and hopes of a better product keep pulling me back in.

My package finally arrived.

I'll be emailing about this Molasses Deep-Constructor. It's much darker and thinner than the previous one I purchased PLUS there's white specks all throughout the jar letting me know it wasn't mixed properly at all :mad:

I was looking forward to trying this out. I haven't opened it yet. It's new to me, so I have nothing to compare it to, I should go open it up to make sure there's no white specks. And of course, to make sure it agrees with my nose.

Aw man, I hate consistency issues. Years ago when I first sampled these products, I didn't care for them at all. I recently gave them another shot and all but one of them looks nothing like they did back then (most have a thin, soupy consistency). However, those soups has been performing exceedingly well. I'm really disheartened by the report of her having inconsistent DCs since I bought all three of them.

@PJaye

I Agree. Most (all) of them have a soupy consistency whether they are butters or creams.

Glad they are working great for you.

The Curl Conditioning Crème is my favorite from this entire line. I hope it doesn't change.

Looking forward to trying the Cleansing Conditioner, which also got very good reviews.

Swapped the Molasses before trying. Kinda regret that move, but oh well.

One thing I haven't tried is: "Power to the Pre-Poo" (Oil).

I may pick this up and pick up the Molasses again (if/when) the Sale is right.

@PJaye

I Agree. Most (all) of them have a soupy consistency whether they are butters or creams.

Glad they are working great for you.

The Curl Conditioning Crème is my favorite from this entire line. I hope it doesn't change.

Looking forward to trying the Cleansing Conditioner, which also got very good reviews.

Swapped the Molasses before trying. Kinda regret that move, but oh well.
LOLOLOL Mine are NOT soupy.

They are all thick and creamy. EVERY last one.

Sigh.

Okay ladies, my Molasses Deep-Constructor smells delicious and it has no white specks. I was able to hold the jar upside down and the contents didn't move at all. I'll make sure to only re-up, during a steep sale, so I don't get pissed off, if something isn't right :nono:

Now, that she has a Soulaboratory, she shouldn't have these issues :look:

Last edited:
@shawnyblazes

My Can't Believe it's Knot Buttas: (Original, Chocolate, Pumpkin) were all some-what soupy (definitely not thick & creamy) same with Marula's (Original & Melon).

Actually more Soupy than Creamy.

My buttas, hair milks and new deep conditioners are all thick and creamy. The only soupy item I have so to speak recently is the Earth Dewy Shampoo-ey thingie.

My recent items are all creamy as well. The Knot Gelatin, The Gelo-lo Pudding, The Twist Assist Coil Defining Cream, The Frosturizer, Molasses Deep Conditioner... etc..

all orders late last year and this new year, creamy and thick.

I've never received anything soupy. my issue is, they will be creamy and spreadable, then the next order is thick and dense with a different hue

Back