Soultanicals Reviews

I got the email. I did not order during the memorial day sale.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Did anyone get an email from Soultanicals today?

I ordered during the memorial day sale. My order status still says awaiting fulfillment.

I'm being patient.

curlycrocheter

I got the email ... seems like they are still having shipping problems :spinning::
Greetings All,

It was brought to my attention that several packages mailed out last week were mis-sent, forwarded and experienced extensive delays. Upon thorough review of the situation, we narrowed the cause to internal issues with our local USPS post office. Due to the fact that we ship out a large volume of packages, we utilize USPS' pickup services. Unfortunately, we have been experiencing faulty and poor service with them for months. After filing countless claims against them, not much change has occurred. As a result, we will be implementing the shipping services of UPS, effective next week. For those who are concerned with a slight shipping cost increase, we will maintain the shipping services of USPS as well, however please keep in mind that after next week, we will no longer be responsible for USPS mailing circumstances that are beyond our control and selecting USPS as your shipping provider will be at your risk.

We are extremely sorry for the frustration this has caused our customers and we are doing everything we can to make your overall experience with Soultanicals a better one. To thank you for your patience, here's a 15% off gift code, good towards any product on Soultanicals.com, with no minimum purchase. Here's your 15% off gift code: hairstoyou. This code is valid until 6-7-13.

I deeply value your relationship with Soultanicals and am committed to providing you with the highest level of service simply because I feel that you deserve the very best. If you have any further questions or comments regarding this matter, please feel free to contact me at infosoultanicals.com.

Love & Light,
Ayo

I got the same email. I wondered what the heck took the Mane Slick Conditioning Leave In (her new product that had free shipping) so long. I know she's slow, I ordered that thing on May 15. I just got it TODAY. I got a shipping notification on May 29.

I do know that USPS is FULL OF IT. They have lost a couple of packages that I sent off in some swaps, they don't scan things, I'm just so over them.

It smells fabulous though, just like the Kink Drink (which is a staple). I can't wait to pair it up with it.

Last edited:
Does anyone else get hold (slight) from using knot sauce? I did some twists after detangling with it and they were noticeably "hard" as if I had used a bit of gel. Makes sense though because of the flax/aloe.
I wanted to eat that darn leave in...the mind plays tricks on ya! :lol:

I want to try this Knot Sauce SOOOOOOOOO bad!!

I got a sample of the 7 Mane stuff with my order that came yesterday. I may order a 4oz Jar with the Free Ship & the 15%.

I just can't with the gel in the leave-ins..
Both the mango dip and the knot sauce have really great slip and smell great but once my hair dries, it gets too hard for my liking. Almost EVERYTHING they make has aloe juice and /or flax gel.. :look:

IDareT'sHair
I just used SSI coco Creme as a leave in my last wash. It smells so darn good. Never used it as a reg moisturizer. Might try that. HV whipped ends is meh for me right now. Might be too much glycerin or something. DB transitioning cream I love on my new growth when it's getting close to relax time. I never tried a few of the other ones you listed like hydrathermal naturals, cc naturals or Claudies moisturizer.

Beamodel Hi! I like SSI coco cream as a moisturizer & for refresher..Works very well..For spring/summer...I wouldn't use it for a moisturizer during fall/winter...I need very heavy creams for that time of year....While using it,have no hair shed & thats a plus for me...Like it as a rinse-out to.

Happy Hair Growing!

Beamodel Hi! I like SSI coco cream as a moisturizer & for refresher..Works very well..For spring/summer...I wouldn't use it for a moisturizer during fall/winter...I need very heavy creams for that time of year....While using it,have no hair shed & thats a plus for me...Like it as a rinse-out to.

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita
Hmp, never tried it as a rinse out. I bet the slip is ridiculous with it too bc it is as a leave in.

myronnie said:
I just can't with the gel in the leave-ins..
Both the mango dip and the knot sauce have really great slip and smell great but once my hair dries, it gets too hard for my liking. Almost EVERYTHING they make has aloe juice and /or flax gel.. :look:

Is that what the problem is? The flaxseed gel?

Hmmm. The pomades are good. I will try these on DS combed out locs before I loc him back up.

HanaKuroi
Yeah it's the aloe juice/flax gel. I get really defined curls but I'm not looking for that much hold for my twists. I'm going to try the Knot sauce as a rinse out in a couple of days. I can see them being great as stylers for twist-outs/braid-outs/wash and gos!
However, I do not like the knot sauce or the mango dip as a daily moisturizer.

I've gotta check out that Pomade then :look:

myronnie said:
HanaKuroi
Yeah it's the aloe juice/flax gel. I get really defined curls but I'm not looking for that much hold for my twists. I'm going to try the Knot sauce as a rinse out in a couple of days. I can see them being great as stylers for twist-outs/braid-outs/wash and gos!
However, I do not like the knot sauce or the mango dip as a daily moisturizer.

I've gotta check out that Pomade then :look:

I didn't say the pomades were my favorites though. :) I think I like them best when comparing them to other Soultanucal products. I like them better than the knot sauce, mango dip and not sure about the fluffilicioiys. :look:

Do not buy the master cleanse.

Remember the oozy and stinky bottles with the brown ooze? Those bottles smell like dog poop. I am not kidding. They reek like someone tracked dog poop in on their shoes. I was checking shoes and running around.

I am in the middle of moving and I put them in a crumpled box to go out in the recycling in my office. So they have been inside my cool/cold house. The high temperature is will be 57f today.

The crazier thing is as I am going through my stash, there is watery, brown liquid on stuff and on the shelf. The new jars are leaking brown liquid and are puffed up. They don't smell yet.

I have been using terressentials mudwash for 2 years and never have they oozed or ever smelled like dog poop! Something is seriously wrong with her master cleanse. I know she has a warning about water and expanding clay but this is something going bad.

I have also had clay hair masks from other natural companies and this never happened.

I will add pictures this afternoon. I just wanted to warn everyone.

I am really disappointed. She needs to stop selling the master detox cleanse clay.

I am hoping her "friend" sees this and lets her know.

I don't understand why there were no tests done to see how the products hold up after weeks and months at a time.

There was no warning about keeping it refrigerated or how soon to use it.

Eta: The bottles that stink like poop were the master cleanse I received that were dripping and a mess when I received them. The jars of master cleanse are their replacements. I will go back and look through my posts and update with how long I have had them. It can't be more than two months.

Last edited:
Okay the first 3 bottles of master cleanse that was drippy and smelly I received around April 23 after waiting a month. I received my replacement master cleanse in the jars on May 4th.

I wonder when the new ones started leaking and the watery brown stuff start oozing.

She needs to stop selling that master cleanse. When things smell like fresh dog feces something is seriously wrong.

HanaKuroi I would definitely email her..the only "preservative" she uses is leuconstoc which isn't effective. Maybe this will push her to implement Otiphen at least. I keep all my soultanicals in the refrigerator.

So I tried the 7 Day *sample* can't think of the full name.

I need a review from a Natural. I don't think this is something I'll be purchasing (as a Relaxed Head) :nono:

It kinda just sat there. But I think it's for T/O's, B/O's etc...However, Some times some of those products (from other lines) still work very well on Relaxed Hair, IMO this isn't one of them. :nono:

So, glad I didn't buy a Jar *free shipping always gets my PJ Spidey-senses tingling.:lol:

I also used the Curl Elastic as a Cowash/R/O. I liked it, but the only reason I probably wouldn't repurchase this, is because it's only 8 ounces

I'll use it again on Friday. There were numerous Hits & Misses with this conditioner, so I need to be sure. Great Ingredients tho':lick:

I still have Marula Moisture Max, Knot Sauce, Mango Dip and both Spritzes to try. The only one that seems to get constant good reviews are the Spritzs.:look:

Everything else seems to read like this: "At first my hair was soft and then it dried out, felt coated, etc...".

So, I really need to start using this stuff (before I buy any more) to see if the Spritz will be the only thing I continue to purchase from this line.

Okay, I used Curl Elastic again tonight to Cowash with. Great ingredients but would definitely be "Blah" as a Deep Conditioner.:yawn:

And even as a Cowash I gave it 2 Stars.:ohwell:

I would never use that as a DC'er and probably shouldn't be marketed as one. :perplexed

I was telling the Ladies in another thread, it's a good thing I always DC after Cowashing.:look:

So by process of elimination, I know I won't purchase Mane 7 and I won't repurchase Curl Elastic.

First it was based on 'size' and now 'performance.'

Ooops..that sounded a little X-Rated:blush:.....:lol:

IDareT'sHair She sure did. It was in the email she sent out yesterday; I couldn't believe it. Also the sorrel spritz did nothing for my hair I won't repurchase that one but the wrappers delight is a keeper.

@curlyhersheygirl

And I have that 16oz bottle sitting here.:perplexed

That will be the 1st one I use up.:rolleyes:

So it seems that there are only a few (very few):look: things that are actually getting good reviews.

myronnie

Yeahhhh...the flax gel was a bad idea on her part. It gave good hold for my twistout but I noticed a bit of residue while taking my twists down. The smell is to die for tho!!!!!!

I don't think I have used any products alone.

I used the afrotastic under curl junkie or ctdg.

The milks and butters I topped off with Oyin hair dew and jbco.

The pomades are better than the wet products.

After the mess with the master cleanse and the smell/bacteria I won't be buying anything else.

I will use the curlygelsomething glaze and see what happens.

The kink drink I am unsure about. Maybe my hair doesn't like sprays. I dunno. I think it needs oil.

Back