Soultanicals Reviews

I'll try the Marula the rest of this week to see how my Relaxed Hair responds to it.:look:

I finished up the Curl Elastic.:yawn:

While not bad, it's only 8 oz for $14 and I can get some better Cowashes cheaper & 16oz for example: Silk Dreams Destination Hydration OR....Any Hairveda Conditioner

IDareT'sHair

I agree. Its not a bad product. At all. My knots slipped out and combing was fun. It just doesnt do anything for me as a deep conditioner that I can't get elsewhere for cheaper. I use it as a detangler and pre-poo, in addition to being a rinse out.

myronnie

I would be scurred to use knot sauce as a Cowash. Maybe as a rinse out. But I wouldn't expect any cleansing from it. Let us know if you try it!

@Beamodel

I would never think of using it as a Cowash or R/O. However that is my plan for the Mango Tango. Cowash and/or Final Rinse instead of a Leave-In

The Knot Sauce I'll use on dry hair.:yep:

I am having some 'luck' with the Marula and I don't mind the smell. Will continue using this until I finish it up. If/when I do decide to repurchase, I'll only get 4oz's not....8

Last edited:
Beamodel

I would never think of using it as a Cowash or R/O. However is my plan for the Mango Tango.

I am having some 'luck' with the Marula and I like the smell. Will continue using this until I finish it up. If/when I do decide to repurchase, I'll only get 4oz's not....

IDareT'sHair

Yea I tried knot sauce that way once a d it was a waste of product IMO. I've never tried mango before hmmmmm.

I have Marla but only a sample size of it. I forgot how it performed on my hair though.

@Beamodel

At this point, it's 'doubtful' when I'll order again. :rolleyes:

I will make my decision when I try & evaluate both Kink Drinks, the Mango Tango & the Knot Sauce.:perplexed

This may be one I'll only continue to buy from occasionally.:look:

lol @ Mango Tango... :P

kupenda Uhhuh I ain't being a guinea pig! I'll just stick to what I know..I guess I'll be trying the Mango Dip as a rinse-out whenever I get around to washing my hair. It smells so yummy like mango yogurt!

I would never think of using it as a Cowash or R/O. However that is my plan for the Mango Tango. Cowash and/or Final Rinse instead of a Leave-In

The Knot Sauce I'll use on dry hair.:yep:

I am having some 'luck' with the Marula and I don't mind the smell. Will continue using this until I finish it up. If/when I do decide to repurchase, I'll only get 4oz's not....8

lol @ Mango Tango... :P

Uhhuh I ain't being a guinea pig! I'll just stick to what I know..I guess I'll be trying the Mango Dip as a rinse-out whenever I get around to washing my hair. It smells so yummy like mango yogurt!

@myronnie

Ooops!:perplexed Wrong Line Mango/Tango is Hairitage Hydrations. I meant Mango Dip.:look:

I got my stuff yesterday!! I'm excited to try them out. I got the Sorrell Kink Drink, the Curl Blaze, & the Mane Thick.

The Mane Thick is slightly runny, but it looks like I can work with it. They all smell REALLY good. Light but fruity. I'm hoping the Curl Blaze will be a good enough to become a staple. I like KCCC, but it's too damn expensive. I'm currently using the Queen Helen Royal Curl Gelly, but it's clumpy & prone to flaking if not used just right. I've never had success with curl refreshers, so I'm hoping the Kink Drink can be a staple as well.

I will repost after actually using the products. The packaging is really cool. That's all I got now.

Okay...So, I think I like Curl Elastic better than using Mango Dip as a R/O. :perplexed

I know several folks said it's better as a R.O. So what were they actually saying? That it didn't work great as a detangler so they ended up using it for a R/O?:look:

Hmp.:ohwell: This one might be another "Miss" for me.:rolleyes:

So far, I wasn't impressed.:yawn:

So maybe...just maybe I need to try it as an actual "Detangler":lol:

Okay: @Lita @HanaKuroi @curlyhersheygirl myronnie anybody/everybody else that has used Mango Dip.....*help*:lol:

Last edited:
Dang IDareT'sHair I was hoping the Mango Dip would have worked as a rinseout! I've used it as a detangler/moisturizer on dry hair and it detangles well but it dries a bit too hard for me. I guess you could try detangling on dry hair then rinsing out? Argh.

Dang, I was hoping the Mango Dip would have worked as a rinseout! I've used it as a detangler/moisturizer on dry hair and it detangles well but it dries a bit too hard for me. I guess you could try detangling on dry hair then rinsing out? Argh.

@myronnie

Thanks Girl for your response.:grin:

I already decided to pass my other unopened bottle along to someone who's been wanting to try it.:look:

The Curl Elastic was definitely better so far, than the Mango Dip (as a Cowash/ R-O)

I'll use the one I have for something (I guess).:ohwell:

So, Okay...now I'm down to the Knot Sauce and both Spritz's. :look:

Hopefully, I'll like one of these especially since I just bought that 16oz bottle of Knot Sauce, but I also have an 8oz bottle, so if it doesn't work the 16oz will be on the Exchange Forum.:rolleyes:

Chances are I'll be scratching them from my list. There is about a 80% chance I won't repurchase from here.

Cute names, smells good, but there is so many other things I like soooo much more.:perplexed

IdareT’sHair

I certainly can’t help ya since I bagged all of my Soultanicals stuff and stored them in the back of the fridge in No Man’s Land. The only thing that worked somewhat decently was the Marula on straightened hair. Unfortunately, the rest sucked big time despite using them in multiple ways – too much stiffness/hardness and no lasting moisture, even from that Kink Drink thingy. It's so hard to find effective shea-free and protein-free products.:ohwell:

I certainly can’t help ya since I bagged all of my Soultanicals stuff and stored them in the back of the fridge in No Man’s Land. The only thing that worked somewhat decently was the Marula on straightened hair. Unfortunately, the rest sucked big time despite using them in multiple ways – too much stiffness/hardness and no lasting moisture, even from that Kink Drink thingy. It's so hard to find effective shea-free and protein-free products.:ohwell:

PJaye

Gurl....You know I :love: Your Reviews.

You Cut to the Chase and Keep It Real.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Um...Yeah....:rolleyes:

So far for me, also, the Marula has been the most decent.

Although I wasn't quite sure what the "Fluff" was suppose to do, that would be tied with Curl Elastic.

Okay...So, I think I like Curl Elastic better than using Mango Dip as a R/O. :perplexed

I know several folks said it's better as a R.O. So what were they actually saying? That it didn't work great as a detangler so they ended up using it for a R/O?:look:

Hmp.:ohwell: This one might be another "Miss" for me.:rolleyes:

So far, I wasn't impressed.:yawn:

So maybe...just maybe I need to try it as an actual "Detangler":lol:

Okay: @Lita @HanaKuroi @curlyhersheygirl myronnie anybody/everybody else that has used Mango Dip.....*help*:lol:

IDareT'sHair Sorry it didn't work out..Did you try it on second day hair? Or Co-Wash.

Happy Hair Growing!

PJaye

Gurl....You know I :love: Your Reviews.

You Cut to the Chase and Keep It Real.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Um...Yeah....:rolleyes:

So far for me, also, the Marula has been the most decent.

Although I wasn't quite sure what the "Fluff" was suppose to do, that would be tied with Curl Elastic.

IdareT’sHair

Thanks, Sis. I’m really careful about proffering product reviews for several reasons, and I only do it after I’ve consistently used a given product for an extended period of time. Since I rely heavily upon reviews for my own purchases, I want to pay it forward as responsibly as possible. I also try not to be mean or too nitpicky (which is why I didn’t say a word about the aroma of these products:look:).

Ive completely lost interest in Soultanicals. I still love my Knot Sauce but I wont repurchase due to the weird hold and residue (probably the flax gel). Great slippiness, fun smell, poppin textures. But ehhh

You're welcome IDareT'sHair!! I really wish they would consider tweaking some of the formulations but some people really like the products. I would totally consider repurchasing if they reformulated.
I experienced this weird thing in the shower with both knot sauce and mango dip..when I put it on my hand (obviously wet) and tried to emulsify and spread it on my hair it behaved weird..ugh I can't explain it. It was hard to spread and just had the tendency to slip off my hand. Maybe I'm just being too analytic with my products..lol.

What I like is the knot sauce as a detangler ONLY in prep for wash day. I agree with kupenda, it does give you this weird hold. And my hair feels dry the next day if I use it for styling. So I detangle with it like a dream, and then go rinse it out. :look:

The flufflicious and marula give me decent moisture for one day, after that dry hair. I only got samples of those. I'll not be repurchasing.

The kink drink is just ok. I find tho, if I spritz daily, my hair gets drier as the week goes on :ohwell: Smells awesome tho.

In the end my qhemet stuff remains my faithful tried and tru.

You're welcome IDareT'sHair!! I really wish they would consider tweaking some of the formulations but some people really like the products. I would totally consider repurchasing if they reformulated.
I experienced this weird thing in the shower with both knot sauce and mango dip..when I put it on my hand (obviously wet) and tried to emulsify and spread it on my hair it behaved weird..ugh I can't explain it. It was hard to spread and just had the tendency to slip off my hand. Maybe I'm just being too analytic with my products..lol.

myronnie You right, it does that and that is why i apply to dry hair only bcuz i feel i am wasting product when i put it on wet hair, also my like exploded coming out the bottle after shaking, i know some pressure should build up but it seemed like to much was coming out.

Yup...knot sauce didnt work for me on wet hair. It seemed to stick together and didnt spread well at all. Its awesome on dry hair tho. So maybe I could use as a prepoo and detangle with it before shampooing??

Okay, ladies I don't even want to attempt to use my products anymore after reading your reviews.

I do like afrotastic under either ctdg or curljunkie rehab, I can't remember which one, but it was great with another product.

Yes I had the same experience with all the products. Feels great then hair is dry!

I am going to add oils, or layer them under things for cowash, dcs, or detangling. Maybe I can stretch the products I love with Souktanicals when I am running low? I dunno.

I have learned a lesson I suppose.

I'll try something with them again today on somebody around here.

I think I'll add some glycerin, oils and some eos.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

Last edited:
I will use the rest of my Marula, 8oz Knot Sauce & both Kink Drinks. :look:

Will determine after using the 8oz Knot Sauce what to do with the 16oz I just bought.:perplexed

Hopefully I'll love it & won't have to worry with Selling/Swapping....know what I'm sayin'?:ohwell:

Thanks McQuay30 and kupenda for your feedback! I thought it was just me because I had heard how thick the knot sauce was and was confused when I was in the shower applying it. I used the Mango Dip as a quick rinse-out and I will probably continue to use them like this because I cannot use them for anything else.

I think I really like the Mane Thick. I used it on Friday. Right after detangling & doing a mini DC with NG Slippery Elm. I poured it into the cap because I didn't want to stick my hands in the jar. I probably used 2 & 1/2 capfuls on the 4 sections I part my hair in.

Then I used the Curl Blaze as my gel for my wash n go.....this stuff is AMAZING!!!! I used less than a capful on my entire hair. My hair was extremely defined, smelled good, & was so soft. A few notes: I did not seal with oil, so it did dry stiff at first. After applying my products, I air dry 85% in two braids, then I take it down & let it dry the rest of the way. My hair looked great!! This stuff gave me one of my all time favorite wash n gos.

I pineappled for the night, slept with my silk scarf on & my hair was fantastic the next morning. The crunch was gone & I just had soft defined hair!

I sprayed it with the Kink Drink the next morning & the jury is still out on that stuff. I'm not sure if it's hurting or helping as far as refreshing my curls, but it did help in any areas that I had dry or itchy scalp.

Overall, I like the products that I purchased. I will repurchase the Mane Thick & the Curl Blaze (I think Curl Blaze is now my HG gel) I need more time to think about the Kink Drink.

Lastly, while doing DD's hair, I knocked the Mane Thick over & spilled about 1/4 of it. I emailed Soultanicals & told her she should consider putting that stuff in a squeeze bottle & she offered me 20% off of my next jar, so I'm pretty happy!

Sorry for the long winded review.

Tried Mango Dip again last night as a Cowash/R-O. I liked it a little better than the 1st time I used it.:look:

But...not enough to keep it around as a Cowash Conditioner, besides that, it's only 8oz:rolleyes:

Will finish up this bottle and will not repurchase because I have several Cowash Conditioners.

And this doesn't need to be one of them.:nono:

Back