Soultanicals Reviews

kupenda
I have only tried the Mango Dip and Knot Sauce! I would imagine the Kinky Silk Tress Milk would be alright provided it doesn't have gel in it. I'm kind of wary to try anything else from soultanicals.

So...I pulled my ST'icals up to the forefront of my Rotation and will start working on those next week.:look:

I have an 8oz Marula Moisture Max so I scooped some of that out and put in a 2oz Jar.

I also pulled my Mango Dip (x2) & will cowash with that and what's left of my Curl Elastic on Tuesday.

Not sure when I'll work my way over to Knot Sauce (x2) and both Kink Drinks (x2 16oz) but it will be very soon.

But I will eventually get to those.:look:

IDareT'sHair said:
@HanaKuroi

I need to go on & pull the Marula Moisture. the Knot Sauce & the Mango Dip.

What are you reviews on these 3 (if you tried them):look:

I have tried them but my hair didn't seem soft and supple. Once I get past the awesome smell, I am left with a product I find similar to Shea moisture hibiscus cream in the jar and the curls for kids cream brûlée.

I will revisit the marula overnight and update in the morning.

No wow factor like with Darcy's or Qhemets or Oyin, Bask.

I don't think it is worth the blood, sweat, tears and long wait at all.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

kupenda said:
IDareT'sHair
HanaKuroi
Beamodel
myronnie

Any reviews on the kinky or curly hair milks? I was looking to get one along with the wrappers delight and the afrodite spray

I have the kinky hair milk. I am going to put some on DS and an overnight test since I still haven't loc'ed him back up.

I'll do kinky milk, bask milk, curls for kids and Oyin. Front right, left, back right and left.

I'll update tomorrow too.

I have tried them but my hair didn't seem soft and supple. Once I get past the awesome smell, I am left with a product I find similar to Shea moisture hibiscus cream in the jar and the curls for kids cream brûlée.

I will revisit the marula overnight and update in the morning.

No wow factor like with Darcy's or Qhemets or Oyin, Bask.

I don't think it is worth the blood, sweat, tears and long wait at all.

HanaKuroi

Interesting.:rolleyes: I have not tried either of the SM Products you speak of.:ohwell:

Yes, please revisit the Marula overnight, and yes, please come back with a review.:look:

Yeah..disappointing. Pretty packaging and everything though.

Kizuri lived up to the hype...and darcy's! :D

Oh yeah I forgot about the frequent sales and the inexpensive shipping (but the fact that if you ship via usps means that they don't even care if your package gets lost now..WHAT).

The owner is really nice though but the new USPS policy is not nice.

Hehe I just keep it real. Too many options.

Oh yeah I forgot about the frequent sales and the inexpensive shipping (but the fact that if you ship via usps means that they don't even care if your package gets lost now..WHAT).

@myronnie

Gurl....I forgot all about this:rolleyes:

myronnie said:

That is what delivery confirmation and insurance if for.

I get things from other companies just fine. And I live in Alaska.

The only companies that seem to have issues with the USPS are companies that are slooow with shipping or improperly seal or pack their boxes then want to blame the USPS for their negligence. IJS.

HanaKuroi I really felt for you when I saw that you made that big purchase because I know you wanted to find a really great affordable line that would work well for you and your little ones. I pray that she fixes whatever is going wrong with her process.

myronnie said:
HanaKuroi I really felt for you when I saw that you made that big purchase because I know you wanted to find a really great affordable line that would work well for you and your little ones. I pray that she fixes whatever is going wrong with her process.

Thank you.

The thing is her products don't give my sensitive skin any issues. I have had no allergic reactions. I really wanted to make it part of our everyday staples. It looks and smells pretty.

I hope that now that she knows better she will do better.

I am glad she didn't tell us off in the email this time.

The marula moisture is not moisturizing at all.

I put It on on a section of naked hair(my bangs) and twisted it up. I also put it on my ends .

My bangs were defined. Nice twist out look. But it felt stiff, hard but not crunchy, no shine.

I started to unbraid my ends but I was having to pull them apart. I am used to just sliding my fingers through to unravel. I decided to rinse in the shower and use conditioner to unbraid.

I think it may be a good styler. Maybe sealed with jbco it would be nice. I would not consider it a moisturizing anything.

IDareT'sHair

myronnie is right when she said it makes your hair hard.

Last edited:
kupenda I will review the kinky milk a bit later.

I think I should test the different milks in the front on D'S head. Hair texture can be different in the front and back.

I think the ingredients look okay. I don't recall seeing aloe Vera anything or flaxseed gel.

I'm under a wig right now, so I'll just try to reap the lovely ingredients of the Marula. :grin:

And if all else fails, I can use it as a R/O or Pre Rx. or try to Steam with it. Somethin'.... cause I have an 8oz jar to try to use up.:ohwell:

I used the mane thick on my daughter's hair as a leave in, on my hair as a moisturizer/ refresher and my oldest son used it as a DC.

As a LI it was great. It has amazing slip and due to the amount of oils I didn't seal and her hair dried and stayed soft for the past two days; I'll moisturize her hair tomorrow.

My son liked it as a DC but said it won't make his list because it made is hair soft but frizzy.

It failed as a moisturizer/ refresher; it just sat on my hair

Now all of this means zip since she has already reformulated it.

Thanks curlyhersheygirl for your review! Weird that she reformulated it that early.

IDareT'sHair
How is the knot sauce as a cowashing conditioner? Does it clean adequately?

I know it did not work for me as a Relaxed Head at all.:nono:

I had a 2oz 'sample' that came with another product.

I know @curlyhersheygirl has a lot of Natural Heads to experiment with, so I was waiting on that review.

It sat on my hair as well. I should have 'thought' to try to Steam with it.

IDareT'sHair My son trying it as a DC was an accident. I told him to try it as a LI since his texture is different to ours but he saw conditioner and thought DC lol.

Maybe it will be better but from the email it seems like folks wanted it thicker so she's omitting AVJ to achieve that. I like AVJ in my LI so I'll wait to hear how the reformulated one works.

I'll try the Marula the rest of this week to see how my Relaxed Hair responds to it.:look:

I finished up the Curl Elastic.:yawn:

While not bad, it's only 8 oz for $14 and I can get some better Cowashes cheaper & 16oz for example: Silk Dreams Destination Hydration OR....Any Hairveda Conditioner

Back