Soulmates

movingforward13

I do what I want...
Do you believe in soul mates? Like the instant connection, deja vu, intense chemistry? Do those relationships sustain themselves easier because of the connection?

I do and I believe you get more than one in a lifetime. I think people are drawn into your lives for reasons, seasons and lifetimes and finding your soulmate doesnt mean they are destined to be in your life forever.
IMO sometimes soulmate relationships can be harder because you tend to ignore red flags because of the blinding crazy chemistry.

Do you believe in soul mates? Like the instant connection, deja vu, intense chemistry? Do those relationships sustain themselves easier because of the connection?
Yes I am a firm believer.
My best friend, one of my sorority little sisters, and my FH are all soulmates. These are the only people where I didn't feel I had to "try" and make the relationship work. Maybe these relationships won't last forever but they have all changed my life in very positive ways and I always challenge myself to let them know I love them as often as I can. Because I would go crazy without these people

I don't know anymore. I used to believe but both soulmate relationships I encountered were extremely challenging. The highs were high but the lows were super low. Perhaps I had them to grow and learn about myself :blah: but the reality is that having had that experience has made it more difficult to have other relationships. I've loved again but those relationships somehow felt less fulfilling. I want the depth of those experiences and it doesn't come easy. If I hadn't had those soulmate experiences then I'd be happier in other relationships.

Yes, I believe it. You do have more than one. My best friend is one, non-romantic of course. She and my first love could literally read my mind. I would think I want him to rub my back and he would start rubbing my back. Our connection was great but not enough.

I've been single for awhile and the guy I just met has given me this instant connection feeling, but I have to wait and see on that one.

I do and I believe you get more than one in a lifetime. I think people are drawn into your lives for reasons, seasons and lifetimes and finding your soulmate doesnt mean they are destined to be in your life forever.
IMO sometimes soulmate relationships can be harder because you tend to ignore red flags because of the blinding crazy chemistry.
All of this. And I also believe in the Twin Flame theory as well!

Yes I do believe in them and it doesn't have to be a romantic partner.

As said, I think they come in to our lives with purpose (growth, challenge) and once the lesson is done tend to move on unless they are meant to remain. The relationship tends to be super intense.

I think relationships are on a scale. Sometimes you get lucky and two people meet that are 100% compatible as far as chemistry goes. I think those people are soulmates. I think most people settle at about 70-80% for marriage. I think that 100% is rare. I always wonder if it's worth waiting for that 95-100%.

Last edited:
I believe in soulmates but I don't believe that you can only have one, the connection can only be romantic, nor in the instant connection or that a special connection makes a relationship easier. Just because you have a deep connection does not mean you should be in each other's lives. Relationships no matter the connection take work, time and effort. They don't spring up out of the blue. Western cultural emphasis on an instant, easy connections has people ignoring how difficult even the best relationships can be.

I'll always feel something for the first man I ever fell for but we are fundamentally incompatible. We have a soulmate-level, intense connection but we're not compatible for me to invest in having a life including children, with him. We look at the world very differently and aren't willing to compromise.

My HS and college BFFs are what I would call soulmates. Both because of the time we've known each other and how well we know each other. Also my college BFF, her childhood is so similar to mine and there's certain things I don't have to explain to her or hide.

Yes. But they dont have to be your lover. It can be your bff, a parent whomever it is meant to be.

I do, but not in an entirely romantic fashion. I have a few friends and my mother who I believe are. Also my sons father. I think soul mates are more about lessons though. Maybe that's karmic mates.

Back