Soooo Who Pays Once You Two Are In A Relationship

Gen X.
Combination - leaning more toward traditional.
In a relationship with a millennial - don't know if that influences things.

I expect men to pay all/most of the time. I pay for birthdays, promotions and Christmas gifts. I also pay for small things, like a favorite dessert from a specialty store or things that make him feel cared for (medicine if he's sick, supplements, an oil to give him a massage).

Dates: His responsibility, including tip and valet.
Vacations: He pays for flights, hotels, dates/dinners, activities, my parking at the airport if I had to drive myself and shopping/spa visits.
Miscellaneous: He gives money, pays some bills, takes me shopping and pays for general needs that may arise - if I'm moving he pays for me to move etc.

I don't date men who expect 50/50, 60/40 or whatever. Don't look at me for money, don't talk to me about money, just make sure it's available.

My reasoning is mainly emotional - if I can get a little new age-y - it's based on my pain body/triggers. :look: My mother raised me to be a groupie/gold digger and I was pressured to look a certain way and go places where celebrities and rich men were. I rebelled because I didn't get along with my mother and refused to look and act the way she demanded.

I was always told that my parents didn't owe me anything and not to expect anything from them; the only person who will love me and take care of me is a man/husband. (But she also said I was too mean and no man would ever love/marry me. Lmao!)

I am the oldest child and was forced to share everything with my younger siblings or had to sacrifice so my siblings could enjoy themselves.

Soooo, yeah. I feel a deep need to be cared for when it comes to finances/material things. I doubt that will ever change. I also feel if he doesn't provide now then he won't switch things up and provide when we get married. He would keep looking in my face for 'my share' because he can't or won't support a household.

Back