Sold on the crisco!!!

empressri

I wish I started flat ironing my hair with this stuff a LONG time ago!!!

It made for an easy blowout, something I'd always hated doing, and flat ironing was a cinch, I didn't have to keep going over each section like I usually do.

Hair was in a twistout that had been oiled the night before...or two nights before dunno I've been lazy. Clarified, did aphogee treatment the next day, used amika conditioner and mask to deep condition under steamer.

THEN....aphogee green tea and keratin leave in, phyto defrisant balm, sedu smoothing heat protectant and a little of the amika hair serum was left in.

Let my hair air dry for a few hours, attempted to blow dry later on which my hair was NOT having. Applied a dab of the crisco to each section and bam! Smooth, shiny hair that gave me no problem getting the blow dryer to go through.

Used my sedu on about 400, applied another little swipe of the crisco, mostly focusing on ends before flat ironing each section.

The second picture is before my trim which my stylist only took off half an inch, and was thoroughly impressed with how my hair looked and felt after I told him what I used :lachen:

Third is after the trim, fourth is the one my 6 year old nephew just took which I had to crop cause my butt looked HUGE!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/richeau?feature=mhee#p/a/u/1/qTyKLxXPNP8

Attachments

• CIMG9286.JPG
    CIMG9286.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 862
  • CIMG9289.JPG
    CIMG9289.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 963
  • CIMG9294.JPG
    CIMG9294.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 979
  • CIMG9296.JPG
    CIMG9296.JPG
    51.3 KB · Views: 959
Last edited:
Thanks!!

Hey mom went to the store was like do you need anything? I was like yeaaaah a small tub of crisco for my hair.

She looked at my like :ohwell: then saw my hair this morning and was like :yep:

THEN asked me to do hers!! :lachen:

Regla or butta? :look: Looks good! I'm scared that may weigh my hair down a bit much but I've seen some good results!

Thanks!!

Hey mom went to the store was like do you need anything? I was like yeaaaah a small tub of crisco for my hair.

She looked at my like :ohwell: then saw my hair this morning and was like :yep:

THEN asked me to do hers!! :lachen:

Lmao thats my mom :lachen:

She gives me the craziest looks and hardest rolling of the eyes when I buy abnormal hair products...then she see my hair and all of sudden she's all up in my stash...asking me to buy her some smh lol

Daggone your time...now I'm gonna be trying Crisco to flat iron...you already got me joining the castor oil challenge bc of your Crisco utube vid...:lol:

Oh wow! It's it's it's uhm why am I stuttering! Gorgeous and BTW why you cropping out the donk! Long luscious hair floating on a donk is my ULTIMATE GOAL! LOL!

You know what I haven't used heat on my hair in 3yrs and looking at your beautiful hair I might have to try this when I get ready. I am convinced too! Your hair is gorgeous I can't wait.

Crisco, u r now on my to-try-list...you definitely have me sold with those pictures!

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

Man I flat ironed my hair last night with just some grapeseed oil as a heat protectant and it came out kind of poofy. Nothing as smooth and pretty as yours!! Makes me wish I would've waited. I just can't justify restraigtening my hair so soon lol

Wow, your hair looks beautiful! Does it leave a smell, though? Can you add some essential oils to it?

Wow, your hair looks beautiful! Does it leave a smell, though? Can you add some essential oils to it?

no smell! it smells like nothing lol all I smell is the amika stuff I used.

I'm sure you can if you wanted to but it might be a PITA cause you emulsify it between your hands.

your hair is so thick and gorgeous! Love the flat iron and yes love crisco! Works perfectly

The results are bea~u~tiful!
But the scared, overprotective side of me wants to say "Noooooo~" xD
My understanding is that using oil on hair prior to flat ironing isn't a good idea since oil will inevitably boil at high temperatures. So is Crisco the exception? I really wanna know~ xD

The results are bea~u~tiful!
But the scared, overprotective side of me wants to say "Noooooo~" xD
My understanding is that using oil on hair prior to flat ironing isn't a good idea since oil will inevitably boil at high temperatures. So is Crisco the exception? I really wanna know~ xD

crisco boils at 450.

I flat iron at 350~400 ;)

Back