Sold on the crisco!!!

Looks great!!

I've had my press now for almost 3 weeks and it hasn't reverted yet.

I flat-iron both my DDs hair once a month with crisco for the past year and no build up.

Crisco just gives a sleek greaseless press.

Don't know if it would work for every hairtype but it works for ours.

Shoutout again to MyAngelEyez~C~U.

:yep: Crisco is the only thing that will get my daughters 4b hair straight and smooth. You don't need to glob on handfuls. A small amount on each section will do.

Yay you posted. But the pictures don't do you as much justice as the video. Your hair was blinging in the vid:lick:. Beautiful results!

I will def. try this with my youngest daughter when I blow dry her hair. She has very thick hair like yours and it's not easy to get through no matter what product I use when blowdrying/flat ironing. I will have to try this!

I'm telling you I wish I was able to record the blow drying process. I NEVER blow dry my hair cause it takes so long and it's a PITA.

The crisco made it easy:yep:

If my hair was thicker, I would try this, but I think the crisco might way my hair down, but ya never know.

(thinking in the back of my mind, maybe, just maybe!!!)

I did it!

It didn't weigh my hair down at all. No scent whatsoever. I didn't flat iron with high heat so it's not bone straight but I am curious how even this will hold up since it's wet and rainy today. No other product used. I'm liking the results. And best of all, no cones!
a693601c-556d-9bb2.jpg

Wow.... I'm an old head... (check my join date) lol so I rarely lurk in this section, but when I saw Crisco, I had to comment.

I used to use Crisco back in the day to press my hair with great results. I learned this from my mother and grandmother.

Old school....Brought back memories... I will most def revisit using this.

I am so indebted to your video. It stopped me from relaxing. In fact, I didn't even straiten my hair. I put it in twists. My hair has never felt so soft and moisturized. I lost no hair when I twisted my hair. I always lost hair when I twist.:lol: I'm sold as well. Thank you Empress for your inspiring videos and thread!:yep:

Public service annoucement----

If you didn't see the YouTube video, go see it!

These pics do not even do your hair justice!!!! Bling blang!!!!! Your hair is just glossy!

Thanks for the testimonial. Wootwoot!

Off to buy crisco for pie crust and my hair......

Sent from my iPhone while out living my best life!

Your hair is so gorgeous ! I used Crisco on my ends just recently to see how soft it was because of y'all lol.

Sent from my Sprint EVO using LHCF app

Public service annoucement----

If you didn't see the YouTube video, go see it!

These pics do not even do your hair justice!!!! Bling blang!!!!! Your hair is just glossy!

Thanks for the testimonial. Wootwoot!

Off to buy crisco for pie crust and my hair......

Sent from my iPhone while out living my best life!

OMG last night I finally checked out the video. OMGGGG that hair was ridiculous!! BEAUTIFUL, yes pictures does not do ENOUGH justice!! And the shine :nono: crazy bling.....

S/N I bought my can yesterday LOL!

Now you got me interested. Your hair looked beautiful in the video! My hair doesn't like to be straight so of course I need to try this out next time I flat iron. It will be at least a month or two before I try it though. *adds crisco to shopping list*

Damn. Now I have to go get some. :look: but I'm a fine 4b. Hope it doesn't weigh my hair down. I plan on straightening next month maybe. But I might try this on a blowdry session. Beautiful hair empressi.

:kiss: to yall!!!

if you're worried about it weighing your hair down remember you're using a swipe of it. heck maybe half a swipe.

it's days later and my hair is STILL ridiculously soft.

im SO MAD i waited years to do this!!!!!!!!!

:yep: Crisco is the only thing that will get my daughters 4b hair straight and smooth. You don't need to glob on handfuls. A small amount on each section will do.

I'm going to start using this on my girls' hair.

as my hair reverts and i sit here after flat ironing it yesterday.....mad. i will use crisco next time.

Beautiful hair OP!

When I was WL I used to straighten my curly hair with Kemi Oyl until I found out that oil and flat irons are the equivalent of deep frying your hair/ends. Silcones, like Redken Smooth Down or Sabino Moisture Block, are better because the silcone acts as a "buffer" to protect the hair; it absorbs most of the energy from the heat so the hair doesnt incur damage.

Just FYI, because I was 100% natural pre BkT and all 3b/c with very, very strong hair and I got shredded, split ends and didnt know why. I started using silicones and even Tresseme heat protectant and havent had any problems and I flatiron once a week in the Summer (to avoid sitting under my flaming hot dryer).

Sent from my SGH-T959V using SGH-T959V

Beautiful hair OP!

When I was WL I used to straighten my curly hair with Kemi Oyl until I found out that oil and flat irons are the equivalent of deep frying your hair/ends. Silcones, like Redken Smooth Down or Sabino Moisture Block, are better because the silcone acts as a "buffer" to protect the hair; it absorbs most of the energy from the heat so the hair doesnt incur damage.

Just FYI, because I was 100% natural pre BkT and all 3b/c with very, very strong hair and I got shredded, split ends and didnt know why. I started using silicones and even Tresseme heat protectant and havent had any problems and I flatiron once a week in the Summer (to avoid sitting under my flaming hot dryer).

I always use something with silicone when I do my hair. This time I'd use phytodefrisant and the amika hair serum which has the LONG silicones in it. Crisco went on top.

They say it's the equivalent of frying your hair...and I'm sure this holds true if your flat iron is on hell!!! I've yet to burn my hair since I stopped using my marcel irons.

Okay, that makes me feel better your hair is so beautiful I didnt want you to damage it or start getting mid-strand splits like I did!

At the time I was using my Chi iron no marcels since the 90s and my hair was damaged but silicone with oil works. Redken and morrocanoil are silicone oil combos and my hair wont split with them.

Back