Sold on the crisco!!!

I remember watching The Help & they mentioned the many uses for Crisco-so when I saw it mentioned on here regarding pressing with it I didnt think good results were implausible.

But wow I had no idea your hair was so umm..spectacular?? All of the pics, its so luxurious.

So you ironed it, then went for the trim? I need to do the same, Im glad you have someone you can trust with it-looks good.

Why not? It didn't work any differently than any other oil I've used.

Why? Its just hydrogenated soybean, cottonseed and sometimes palm oil.

If you're using a silicone based heat protectant then adding oil on top is just asking for uneccessary buildup on both your hair and your flat iron.

If you are only using crisco or any other oil, it seems intuitive to me that you can still do damage without reaching the boiling point of the oil. Flat ironing at 325-350 isn't the boiling point of the oil, but its still way above the temp of a hot oil treatment.

Again, folks are free to do whatever, but I did feel the need to put my 2 and a half cents in.

I remember watching The Help & they mentioned the many uses for Crisco-so when I saw it mentioned on here regarding pressing with it I didnt think good results were implausible.

But wow I had no idea your hair was so umm..spectacular?? All of the pics, its so luxurious.

So you ironed it, then went for the trim? I need to do the same, Im glad you have someone you can trust with it-looks good.

dont think im weird but ive always loved your avatar! it's just so....CLASSY!

yes i always flat iron and get it trimmed by my jets loving hair dresser named dean, ive been going to him for 10 years :yep:

and thank you!!! :grin:

Looking' good!
I bought Crisco last week, but got lazy and decided to wait until Christmas to do a year-end length check. Hope it works as well for me (fingers crossed)

If you're using a silicone based heat protectant then adding oil on top is just asking for uneccessary buildup on both your hair and your flat iron.

If you are only using crisco or any other oil, it seems intuitive to me that you can still do damage without reaching the boiling point of the oil. Flat ironing at 325-350 isn't the boiling point of the oil, but its still way above the temp of a hot oil treatment.

Again, folks are free to do whatever, but I did feel the need to put my 2 and a half cents in.

Eh...I'll agree to disagree cause my hair doesn't feel weighed down or anything.

empressri
You ARE a product pusha
With all that gorgeous thick hair congratz on the length :woot:
My hair wants to be like your hair when it grows up
Im using Aubrey organics white camilla along with my HSR now I can't decide
And now im eyeing crisco at the market. Naw this is all your fault missy :lol:
J/k
BTW I think we might be hair twins except lengthwise cause my hair likes everything yours does except for shampoo.

Last edited:
If you told me jumping off a bridge with a noose around my neck into a lake of Cambodian breastmilk would make my hair look like yours I'd do it :lol:. So therefore I must try this Crisco you speak of :look:..it's not a far cry from my staple- Vaseline

Last edited:
i saw your vid and for those who haven't this looks smoother than than your other flat iron video you did a few months ago. :yep: i will be trying this the next time i flat iron. i can get my hair pretty smooth and straight with a serum and the comb chase but that shine is :love:

Maybe this will keep my hair straighter; because when I press it, it doesn't last as long. That's why I go to the salon. My stylist gives me better and longer, lasting results.

i saw your vid and for those who haven't this looks smoother than than your other flat iron video you did a few months ago. :yep: i will be trying this the next time i flat iron. i can get my hair pretty smooth and straight with a serum and the comb chase but that shine is :love:

LovelyNaps26 YES!! I'm telling you this is the best press I've ever done.

empressri: Let us know how it lasts (reversion) in comparison to other times you've flat ironed -
FindingMe
Sure thing! I'll say this though, so far I haven't had to flat iron my hair over like I usually do!

Looks great!!

I've had my press now for almost 3 weeks and it hasn't reverted yet.

I flat-iron both my DDs hair once a month with crisco for the past year and no build up.

Crisco just gives a sleek greaseless press.

Don't know if it would work for every hairtype but it works for ours.

Shoutout again to MyAngelEyez~C~U.

Guuuuurrrrrl!!!

Your hair is the business!!!!

Love it!

I don't care what you did, as long as you didn't damage those tresses, keep doing it. Your hair looks ggod enough to eat:)

Sent from my iPhone while out living my best life!

I use crisco before to blow-dry & it lasted 3 days...For me thats a winner...

Happy Hair Growing!

Just bought some tonight. Loved the price $2.39 lol...now off to research how to use this stuff.

looks good! i could not get it to work for me. it left my hair feeling oily to the touch!:nono: but i am defineltey team pressing oil for natural hair:yep:

Crisco makes the best post shower body butter, and now I have to try it on my hair :lol:
Your hair is gorgeous curly and straight.

Looks great!!

I flat-iron both my DDs hair once a month with crisco for the past year and no build up.

~~HoneyComb~~ I tried it cause of you!! I've ALWAYS been in awe of your hair!!! Curly or straight so I figured hey why not!

My hair still feels soft.

They were talking maddddddddd smack on africanexport's page on facebook about what I did, like I was rolling up to folks houses with a pistol and can of crisco. People are hilarious!

~~HoneyComb~~ I tried it cause of you!! I've ALWAYS been in awe of your hair!!! Curly or straight so I figured hey why not!

My hair still feels soft.

They were talking maddddddddd smack on africanexport's page on facebook about what I did, like I was rolling up to folks houses with a pistol and can of crisco. People are hilarious!

So it's the Crisco in the can, not the vegetable oil in a bottle correct?

And why are they on HER page talkin about YOU. Smh. These folks need lives!

Tried it today. Didn't like flat iron results on small section I tried but loved it with blowdrier and round brush. Hair is softer with alot of shine. It's a keeper for me. Thanks for the thread. This is my second time straightening my hair since big chop a year ago. This was right on time.

** adding Crisco to my grocery list for todays run!

SN: Ive actually tried the Crisco before when I first started my natural journey as a moisturizer (PJ days) and didnt stick to it because I was soooo busy trying EVERYTHING ... Now that I've cut the PJ out.... Im going to revisit this for a moisturizer for me and use to flat iron dd's hair

Great hair OP, thanks for sharing!

wonderful!!

I'm a big believer in hydrogenated oils as or in leave ins from the day I tried avocado butter. They are the only thing that I can rely on if I want to combat humidity without the greasy factor. I use them for stretched braidouts. The day I flat iron I will remember this, thanks for sharing!

I will def. try this with my youngest daughter when I blow dry her hair. She has very thick hair like yours and it's not easy to get through no matter what product I use when blowdrying/flat ironing. I will have to try this!

Last edited:
Looks great!!

Same here, I'm two weeks in, been caught in the rain twice and been all up in my steamed up bathroom and NO reversion. Just soft hair. Yeah, I'm in that thang! :drunk:

Back