So Your Brother Shoots You In The Eye......

Would You Forgive Your Brother For Shooting You 5 times?

• Yes.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.

In case the photo disappears.

"In 2016, my brother shot me 5 times and I lost an eye as a result. He was under the influence of alcohol when it happened and it was a bad period in his life. I was in the hospital for a while (in a comatose state for 2 weeks). I woke up feeling very depressed but I knew I had to move on from the incident. Losing my eye took a toll on my self image but not anymore, I’m now a more social and more confident. I believe we were born with 3 eyes…our 2 eyes and a soul…so yeah, I s...till have 2 eyes left. Also, I used to have a lot of seizures but I rarely have them anymore. “He’s my brother, he’s family and I still love him regardless and that will never change. When he was charged to court, I stood up for him. He was facing 45 years in prison but ended up getting only 10 years. I still check up on him and look after him. I have found the strength to forgive him and I believe he’s now a changed person.” Porché also revealed her son, Jordan helped her heal; “Jordan says “Mom your beautiful” (daily) our love kept me here!!! But seriously I thought of him and our funny moments!!! He helped me get through brain surgery!!! God is GREAT #GOD
— —

Cr: @purveyorporche

giphy.gif

I couldn't even find an appropriate gif for this. If he got her eye, then he was aiming at her head, (i.e. intentionally trying to kill her). Shooting at someone five times is no joke. I would forgive in order to move on, but you best believe that he was serving every year of that 45 year sentence.

Five times tho??!!! What kind of alcohol is that??!! Can alcohol really alter your personality that much? To shoot your sister FIVE times?

He sounds like he is capable of violence without alcohol. Ijs.

At the first few layers of this case, I feel like I could not , would not forgive him to the point of remaining in contact with him. Maybe forgive from afar, but I do not think I would be comfortable around him again. And I definitely would not want him around my child. Ever.

That said, I understand her need to forgive, move on and try to 'fix' her brother. She may need therapy to help her put her (& son') safety above needs of her brother.

Agreed.

I'm sure their family also pressured her to forgive him.

Imma go with a hard no on forgiving him at least for the first 5 years.

Five times tho??!!! What kind of alcohol is that??!! Can alcohol really alter your personality that much? To shoot your sister FIVE times?

He sounds like he is capable of violence without alcohol. Ijs.

At the first few layers of this case, I feel like I could not , would not forgive him to the point of remaining in contact with him. Maybe forgive from afar, but I do not think I would be comfortable around him again. And I definitely would not want him around my child. Ever.

That said, I understand her need to forgive, move on and try to 'fix' her brother. She may need therapy to help her put her (& son') safety above needs of her brother.
If you shoot somebody five times while drunk you would shoot them twice while sober. Probably putting money on his commissary. She’ll help throw his welcome home party. You can forgive from a far.

Last edited:
Umm..just no...my brother said some bad cuss words at me, and I'm ready to disown him until he apologies...I hold grudges, could not imagine him shooting at me and forgiving him...I'm still tempted to post to Black Twitter a text his 'Get Out' Wife sent to me...

It's "something" that people think they can't move on without forgiving someone who wronged them.

It really is something. You can move on, release the anger, etc., but forgive to the point of looking after him? And I agree with @Reinventing21 she will need therapy to put both herself and her son’s health, wellbeing, and safety first. Both tragedy and malevolence were visited upon her and by her own brother. Forgiving, being kind and sweet, are the only tools she probably had available to her. And like someone said her family probably pressured her as well. My heart breaks for her and I really hope nothing close to this ever happens to her again.

Jordan B. Peterson, a Canadian therapist, professor, author, YouTuber, etc. talks a lot about tragedy and malevolence and he says the only answer to this is to face the dragon/monster head on and put a piece of it in you, enough to understand the world and be a able to protect yourself, but not so much that it overtakes you. You have to have something scary enough in you that wards off evil, makes it think twice, and the wisdom to withstand life’s inevitable tragedies.

Last edited:
Jordan B. Peterson, a Canadian therapist, professor, author, YouTuber, etc. talks a lot about tragedy and malevolence and he says the only answer to this is to face the dragon/monster head on and put a piece of it in you, enough to understand the world and be a able to protect yourself, but not so much that it overtakes you. You have to have something scary enough in you that wards off evil, makes it think twice, and the wisdom to withstand life’s inevitable tragedies.

This spoke to me.

Thank ((YOU)) :heart:

I can hold grudges for a long time even if I forget the original offense. I'm also really good at forgetting people exist when I chose to cut them off. He'd be dead to me and possibly literally dead if he ever tried to speak to me again.
Don’t you hate when you hold a grudge so long that you forget why you were holding a grudge in the first place? :lachen:

I’m convinced that we are twins, separated at birth, because I could’ve written everything you wrote.

It's "something" that people think they can't move on without forgiving someone who wronged them.

Yes. Forgiving is about letting it go and not absolution. Forgive so that they no longer are a factor in their lives and leave them to seek absolution from G-d.

Personally he would be out of my life for good. I would have to let it go so I could move on with my life.

I'm pretty forgiving but I don't got that "romanticize evil done towards me" trait. Call wrong, wrong. Call evil, evil. I question if it's really forgiveness when you have to pretend that it wasn't as evil as it was to heal from it. When someone can't call truth what it is that's the kind of toxicity that removes boundaries designed to keep you respected and protected. I know it's a coping mechanism but it's an unhealthy one.

I don’t believe I am capable of that level of forgiveness. I think I could forget I ever had a brother (who tried to kill me) though. That’s just me.

Not only am I incapable, I’m completely uninterested in this level of forgiveness. I hate how some people who choose to forgive those who commit the most awful acts against them, seem to think they are some more highly evolved beings. They’re just damn fools.

I assume this wasn’t physically possible for
Her, but I’d have tried to kill him. So he would have either had to shoot me again until he killed me or we would both be in jail not forgiving each other. I am a believer. I have to be honest: this is not an area that I ....I don’t even have a desire to have the ability to forgive someone for this.

Back