So, I got married!

mwedzi, CONGRATULATIONS! That was beautiful! I loved the personal touches...and it looks like you all had so much fun in spite of the rain. You two make a beautiful couple. *sniff*

Beautiful wedding!!!! You looked gorgeous and I loved your hair!

I went to HS with one of your guests :)!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Congratulations :clap:
Thank you for posting the pictures. I love your colors. The shawls are beautiful and you look gorgeous. The rain doesn't appear to put a damper on your beauty. Your bridesmaids look lovely. The colors look great in each one.

Love the pictures you re beautiful! ,thank you so much for sharing with us .Check your divaliscious mom out with your handsome stepfather .
Is your husband ghanian or nigerian?

Maybe the rain is a blessing. It rained on my parents wedding day and they've been married 30 years. Every one in my fam who has had rain on their wedding day has had very long lasting marriages. You look very beautiful despite.

Thank you. That's what everyone was saying. I know they say it to make you feel better, because it's raining on your wedding day. Seems like in the days up to it we kept hearing songs about it, too. Like Alanis Morrisette's "Ironic" and Luke Bryan "Rain is a good thing". :ohwell: Ah well, you can plan a pretty picnic but you cant predict the weather (Outkast :lol:) Anyway, I hope you all are right!

Wow! Just wow! You were beautiful. It rained on my wedding day as well. You're in great company, lol!!!

Congrats and many, many blessings to you and DH.:kiss:

Oh you too! Well, then I am in good company!

Congratulations Miss Lady!

Not that it matters, but I'm so proud!

Aw :Blush2: Thanks, y'all! LHCF has seen me through a lot!

Congratulations!!!

Your mom is gorgeous!

Thank you, I will tell her you said so.

Congrats Mwedzi!!! May you have a blessed life together! When did you have time to do all that knitting? Everything looks so lovely and I love the personal touch. Did you straighten your hair yourself?
Is your DH Nigerian?

Thank you! I started the knitting as soon as we were engaged, which was only for 5 months so I made sure to do some every week. And they were kind of small, so that helped. Reniece straightened my hair about 3 days before the wedding.

DH is Ghanaian-American :yep: He was born here, but his parents were not.

Congrats! Do you have a pic of inside the cake?

Sorry, I don't:(

Congratulations!! I love the way you styled your hair....simple and elegant!

Thank you. I'm really glad it was straightened and that I chose a style that I had done before and that was easy. The straightening really helped me be able to put it in about 25 braids before heading off to our honeymoon 2 days later so I wouldn't have to worry about it.

Congrats! Absolutely beautiful

And is there nothing you can't do? You are so talented!

Aw, thank you! I can't do most things, ha!

Beautiful wedding!!!! You looked gorgeous and I loved your hair!

I went to HS with one of your guests :)!!!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

What?! Wow, small world.

Congratulations :clap:
Thank you for posting the pictures. I love your colors. The shawls are beautiful and you look gorgeous. The rain doesn't appear to put a damper on your beauty. Your bridesmaids look lovely. The colors look great in each one.

Thank you. I was worried about the turquoise on their skin complexions, but it turned out okay. I made everything like clear blue sky and happy sunny yellow to invoke the sun gods, but guess that didn't work *sigh*

Awwww... Congratulations... I've been waiting for an update... So glad you didnt let the rain stress you out... Everything was so beautiful.

Congrats on your wedding.
As the others have said, the rain = blessings.
The turquoise and yellow combo looked beautiful.
Love the shawls you knitted too and your hair fascinator is beautiful.

May you have a beautiful fruitful blessed marriage.

Simply beautiful! You were a gorgeous bride and your wedding was beautiful as well. Many blessings to you and your new husband as you start your lives together!

Congratulations!!!

You were a beautiful bride.

It rained on my wedding day too...bad, what they call cats & dogs . So much that my veil fell apart.

That was 23 years ago :yep:

Oh my goodness! Congratulations to you and your new husband! Y'all make a beautiful couple. :grin: Thanks for sharing a glimpse of your wedding day with us, at LHCF. You have great creativity and resourcefulness which shows in the small details. I really likes the hand knitted shawls for the bridesmaids, and the chocolate covered sunflower seeds as favors! We're wishing you and hubby all the best for many years to come.

Back