So 2006 is comming to a close have you reached your hair Goals?

I must say I have...I BC in 2005 and I am not past APL (thanks to LHCF). My goal for 2007 is BSL. Minimal heat and texlaxing have helped me reach my goals.

Cat Eyes, you are GORGEOUS...I LOVE YOUR MAKEUP!!! I am off to go stalk your album, lol.

Oh, and NO I have not reached my goals for 2006, I have had to trim entirely too much.

No - I didn't take care of my ends as I should have.
I'm close to my length goal, but the deep trim that I need and will get in January is going to set me back. :(

Awww!!! You are GORGEOUS TOOOOO!!!!! Your hair is banging!!!!!!!! I have a treat for all the makeup junkies, check out the fotki!!!!

Well 2007 is a new year for new goals!!!

honey_jammz82 said:
Cat Eyes, you are GORGEOUS...I LOVE YOUR MAKEUP!!! I am off to go stalk your album, lol.

Oh, and NO I have not reached my goals for 2006, I have had to trim entirely too much.

Yeah, I've met my goal. Primarily because my goal was simple: to let my hair grow as long as it will grow. It grew. I'm pleased.

I tried a few things I read here on the board that ended up costing me some progress and causing breakage, but it's all a learning process and everyone's hair is different. And I suffered hair loss last year that seems unwilling to reverse, so that's a disappointment. But those weren't goals, just hopes and trial and error. Basically it was a good year.

honey_jammz82 said:

Still looking good though!!!!!:D

Consisdering two dye disasters and two BIG trims, I think I am ending the year on a good note. I am almost to shoulder length and my ends look good. I finally found a stylist to do my relaxers so I know that will be a great addition for 2007. My hair looks and feels whole lot better so all is good.

I believe that I have/will reach my goal of APL in December. I only need about 1 inch but to be on the safe side I'll say 1 1/2 inches and I am 9 weeks post and stretching for 12 so I should be at APL by XMAS. I cut out heat totally except for dcing and I wear my hair bunned 24/7 protecting my ends so with all that being said yes I feel that I have reached my goals for 2006 and I am looking forward to being BSL, June 2007:)

Last edited:
Yes and no. I wanted healthy hair (big YES) and full-APL (big NO). I had scraggly APL, but now I have full, healhty SL+ hair.

My main goal was to get my hair in better shape, which I have. I still have some breakage, but it's not nearly as bad as before. And now that I'm settling on some staple products and getting my regimen together, I can't wait to see what will happen in '07!

No. I'll probably reach my goal by the end of January 2007.

My goal was thicker apl hair. But I went through a bad shedding phase for two months and lost fullness. The back section from ear to ear is almost apl but the rest of my hair has to catch up.

I'm close though.

No I did not reach brastrap (because of a trim in september) BUT I have a good routine and regimen so I'll reach it sooner by God grace!

Yes. My goal was healthy shoulder length hair by Dec 2006 and I have achieved that. My hair is stronger and healthier than ever and Im blessed to have found LHCF. My next goal is full APL by Feb/March 2007 and BSL by July 2007 (just in time for Essence Festival).

I reached a few personal milestones:

1. 19 1/2 months -- without a relaxer!! :grin: And I can still comb my hair lol!
2. The longest layer is past shoulder legnth (FINALLY!) :)
3. I am about 90% natural. I plan to BC and get those 10% ends cut off in April (it will be exactly 2 years then).
4. I can make a ponytail! Yay!
5. I have not used heat in 6 months. The last time I got my hair pressed or flatironed was in 2005.

Goals for 2007:

1. Cut the ends off in the Spring
2. Learn how to style my natural hair
3. Only use minimal heat
4. Wear my natural hair OUT without using a phony pony
5. By the end of 2007, I would like for the longest layer to by APL (stretched) and the shortest layer shoulder length. That would be progress :)

Cholet112 said:
Yes. My goal was healthy shoulder length hair by Dec 2006 and I have achieved that. My hair is stronger and healthier than ever and Im blessed to have found LHCF. My next goal is full APL by Feb/March 2007 and BSL by July 2007 (just in time for Essence Festival).

Huh?? Full APL by when....yesterday?? Cause if those r your pics in your siggy it looks like you're already there! :) ;) :D

That some SERIOUS progress in 60 days!!!!!!!

:perplexed Yes and no.

Yes, I reached my goal of hip length. I trimmed off an inch and half to make it look a little neater (my hair grows very unevenly).

But now I've decided on a new goal. I want at least classic length hair, maybe a little beyond. This will probably take me two years, and I'm an impatient person, so...I've got a long way to go.:look:

I've managed to maintain healthy hair, though, and I guess when it comes down too it, that's what really matters. I don't have breakage or split ends, and by now I've figured out what my hair likes.

NO.........I wanted to be beyond BSL and would have if it weren't for the SHS cutting 5 inches in August/September. But now I'm in control and BSL is coming soon and mid back by the end of 2007.

No, my last perm was in 2004 and i feel like my hair is going backwards. but i think it could be all the junk food and lack of exercise stoping my growth

Yes :D ! My hair is finally at blunt, full APL. My ends are in good shape, I've cut back heat dramatically, and HOPEFULLY I can reach brastrap in 2007 :cool: .

Yes. I am so appreciative that I reached my goal. I wanted my hair to be healthy bsl by the end of December and I got there + a little more a few weeks early. I really am grateful. :)

I would say yes because I wanted to finally get pass shoulder length:up:

My goals for 2007:
Increase fullness/thickness
Maintain healthy ends
Full APL by 12/07

One of the hair goals was to have healthy hair and I can indeed say it is healthy from when I first started my hair journey in '03-'04. I now trying to fill in my edges/halo and try to get to APL by my birthday May 2007.

Back