SL 2015

I washed my hair today and currently have my hair dcing . I have NO clue what I want to do with my hair. I was gonna do a curlformers set but I don't feel like the install. Maybe I'll do a wng. I haven't done that in a while.

Wash day was really good today. No knots or tangles. My hair is still shedding like the dickens though, but I refuse to stress about it. But I am gonna try to be more consistent with my protein and chlorella intake; especially my chlorella intake.

I washed my hair today and currently have my hair dcing . I have NO clue what I want to do with my hair. I was gonna do a curlformers set but I don't feel like the install. Maybe I'll do a wng. I haven't done that in a while.

Wash day was really good today. No knots or tangles. My hair is still shedding like the dickens though, but I refuse to stress about it. But I am gonna try to be more consistent with my protein and chlorella intake; especially my chlorella intake.
I love some chlorella, been on it for a couple years now:)

I was still on the hunt for a good moisturizing DC instead of spending money all over the place. So I looked on YouTube to see if I can make my own concoction. I found one that I decided to try last night & so far so good. It's a mixture of Suave Naturals, honey, EVOO & EVCO. I already use Suave Naturals to cowash & it does great. After DC'ng my hair was super soft & my curls were springy! I'll continue to use it once a week & still cowash every few days.

I decided to take advantage of Walgreens BOGO 50% for the Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie & Curling Soufle. I used the Smoothie after my DC & that was the best twistout of my life! My hair doesn't care for Shea Moisture Masques so I was a little hesitant on the curling products but I'm glad that I took a chance on it.

Side note: A curly puff works great for working out!

When are the pictures for the end of the challenge gonna be happening? I really wanna make sure that I get the in on time. I always say I'm gonna take pictures and never do. 1 day is about 3 weeks for me. Plus I wanna make sure that I take my braids out before then.
12/30

So I've noticed since doing the cherry lola and the clay rinse, my hair has been very hard, lots of curl definition but very hard. Not helping that I didnt wash my hair all week and didnt henna either. I think I'll try a dc for a couple hours with heat to help

When are the pictures for the end of the challenge gonna be happening? I really wanna make sure that I get the in on time. I always say I'm gonna take pictures and never do. 1 day is about 3 weeks for me. Plus I wanna make sure that I take my braids out before then.
Put your pictures up anytime in December. The new challenge starts January 1.

Figure out which week is best for you and take your pictures then.

Going to wash tonight After I finish eating. Going to keep my flat twist in and wash with them in to see if its more gentle on my ends.

Going to redo the flat twist.

I need to do a protein treatment and a DC but may e I can get it in Friday.

Going to wash tonight After I finish eating. Going to keep my flat twist in and wash with them in to see if its more gentle on my ends.

Going to redo the flat twist.

I need to do a protein treatment and a DC but may e I can get it in Friday.

This worked out pretty well. I was able to get my scalp clean without drying out my hair. I cleaned my scalp with As I Am cleansing pudding. Then I took down each twist and coated it with Naturelle Grow Deep Conditioner and let it sit while I showered. I rinsed,, used Giovanni leave-in, oil and Jane Carter Curling Cream and twisted back up. I will leave these twist in until Friday.

I'm thinking of trying 2 strand twist on bare hair to see if I can wash in them. I am wondering if my twist unravel when they are wet because my curls shrink up so much. If I put them in without any product, I'm wondering if I can then water rinse without them unraveling. This is an experiment for the holiday weekend. I may do them that Tuesday and see if they make it through the weekend.

@faithVA if you get the rinsing/washing in twists down, let us know what you did, please! Got the same problem myself. I could wash in braids, but they shrink so tight it's like the shampoo and condition can get through enough to be effective.

OAN: Trying not to overdo sitting under the dryer, but it's so nice and relaxing now that it's getting colder. I'm sure eventually this will get boring too and it will be on to the next, as usual.

@faithVA if you get the rinsing/washing in twists down, let us know what you did, please! Got the same problem myself. I could wash in braids, but they shrink so tight it's like the shampoo and condition can get through enough to be effective.

OAN: Trying not to overdo sitting under the dryer, but it's so nice and relaxing now that it's getting colder. I'm sure eventually this will get boring too and it will be on to the next, as usual.

I can do it in flat twists but not in 2 strands. Not sure if that will ever happen. Even in flat twist 2 of my twist completely unraveled. But if I figure it out I will let you know.

Sitting under the dryer on cool/ good days is nice. Hmm, maybe I will start DCing again. It's been a while.

Seek and destroyed on the crown (wont do full trim there cuz its got a good inch to inch and a half to nl goal) and dusted the rest. Put on leave in and made 2 flat twists for the night.

I will say as the length evens out and it grows overall I noticed it gets a little easier every couple months to style.

Back