SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Did an garlic treatment. Let it sit for an hour then apply my queen helen deep conditioner mix with extra virgin oil on top of it. Feels so refreshing to my scalp (dont know if thats a good thing but i think so).Putting an shower cap on for overnight then when I wake up, clarify my hair then shampoo with mane n tail. Apply mane n tail conditioner for ten minutes then rinse. M/s with rose water, s curl activator, and seal with coconut oil. Wish me luck. Dont mind experiencing with my hair.

Cowashed, black tea rinse under DC, M&S, then cornrowed last light for a braid out for church today. I will pin the ends up to protect my super thin ends. Plus I did not put a roller on the ends so they are straight. New growth looks and feels great though. Do you think I will need to cornrow again tonight or just keep it pinned up under my scarf? I am still trying to figure out low manipulation and PSing with no heat. I am getting better though. 8 weeks post! March or Go Home TheVioletVee!

APL 2013, BSL 2013

Jobwright

I'm not sure since my braidouts don't look right and I can't conrow to save my life. Maybe you could try pinning it up and if it doesn't look right, then the next time you could cornrow again.

Cowashed, black tea rinse under DC, M&S, then cornrowed last light for a braid out for church today. I will pin the ends up to protect my super thin ends. Plus I did not put a roller on the ends so they are straight. New growth looks and feels great though. Do you think I will need to cornrow again tonight or just keep it pinned up under my scarf? I am still trying to figure out low manipulation and PSing with no heat. I am getting better though. 8 weeks post! March or Go Home TheVioletVee!

APL 2013, BSL 2013

You could try a few plaits iust to hold the style if pinning it up doesn't work...

Did my retouch on Saturday....YES LAWD!! It came out great! I love how my hair is straight but not lifeless. I still don't really process bone straight. To get it bone straight I just flatiron after I rollerset w/ curl wax...and them strands be extra straight. Weird b/c I never used to really want that before. But for my regimen and maintenance these days, I like to be able to just comb through my hair w/ no concerns lol.

But yea I did my self-relax regimen of using the applicator (Soft & Beautiful Botanicals w/ enough olive oil to make it pour). Then I got that nape real good...then the crown, then the sides. Then after neutralizing for a while (I did like 4-5 washes...2-3 of those I let the shampoo sit). Then I followed-up w/ ORS Replenishing Pak for 15-20minutes under the dryer. And I didn't follow up w/ Moisturfuse, I just let that be my conditioner. So when I washed it out, I went ahead and rollerset...just used heavily diluted leave-in...the leave-in that comes w/ the relaxer (it's not sold separately actually). Then airdired, then flat-ironed the next day.

I'm not going to wash for 2-3wks. I'm going to grease my scalp w/ some BB tonight.

Did my retouch on Saturday....YES LAWD!! It came out great! I love how my hair is straight but not lifeless. I still don't really process bone straight. To get it bone straight I just flatiron after I rollerset w/ curl wax...and them strands be extra straight. Weird b/c I never used to really want that before. But for my regimen and maintenance these days, I like to be able to just comb through my hair w/ no concerns lol.

But yea I did my self-relax regimen of using the applicator (Soft & Beautiful Botanicals w/ enough olive oil to make it pour). Then I got that nape real good...then the crown, then the sides. Then after neutralizing for a while (I did like 4-5 washes...2-3 of those I let the shampoo sit). Then I followed-up w/ ORS Replenishing Pak for 15-20minutes under the dryer. And I didn't follow up w/ Moisturfuse, I just let that be my conditioner. So when I washed it out, I went ahead and rollerset...just used heavily diluted leave-in...the leave-in that comes w/ the relaxer (it's not sold separately actually). Then airdired, then flat-ironed the next day.

I'm not going to wash for 2-3wks. I'm going to grease my scalp w/ some BB tonight.

Pics or it never happened! :)

I finally took my braids out prepooed for 45 mins with avocado conditioner I made (avocado, evoo and honey) washed with paul mitchell awapuhi wild ginger shampoo, did a blacktea rinse dc for 1 hrs with vanilla silk by silk dreams, and rollerset. Im under the dryer right now dead to the world. But my DH stayed up with me what a trooper. Im 15 wks post with 10 more to g:lol:!

Last edited:
My hair does NOT do well with just water. Lord my hair is so dry and strawish looking. Hopeing this doesnt set me back. Anticipating going home later tonight so I can DP and knot my hair up for tomorrow. Cause lawd it needs some TLC.

My hair does NOT do well with just water. Lord my hair is so dry and strawish looking. Hopeing this doesnt set me back. Anticipating going home later tonight so I can DP and knot my hair up for tomorrow. Cause lawd it needs some TLC.

Yeah, My hair hates just water by itself...

Time to DC but no time to do it. I don't know when I will be able to give my hair some love but I know it has to be very soon.

Today I treated my hair with the works. Prepooed, shampooed, DC'ed, moisturized and sealed. My new staple DC is Silk Dreams Vanilla silk. It instantly changed my hair. I think I will definitely make SL by December with delicious products like these!

How rising with tea bag works? Im doing a co washing today. Do I apply the conditioner on my hair than pour the tea or reverse it. I bought badia chamomile tea bag? How good is it?

What length are you now?
The back of my hair when stretched touches my collarbone. The sides touch my shoulders. The front touches my nose.

I also have what I call the "big head, long neck syndrome," which can make your hair seem shorter than others with smaller heads and shorter necks. :grin:

Natural/Relaxed/Transitioning? NATURAL

What retention methods do you plan on using? Moisturize daily. Twist nightly. Deep condition weekly. Detangle monthly. Trim hair by the moon.

Are you taking supplements are doing anything else special? No.

Attachments

• Photo 231.jpg
    Photo 231.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 16
  • Photo 232.jpg
    Photo 232.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 20
I did my relaxer on Saturday which one day past 12 weeks post. I used Elasta QP's No base relaxer in mild & wound up accidentally texlaxing even though I wanted to hold off on it but I love it so I'll keep on texlaxing. I used Grapeseed Oil as a kind of protectant for my already relaxed hair. After I relaxed I Poo'd w/ Neutralizing shampoo 4 times. Then DC'd with ORS Replenishing Conditioner for a little over an hour. I used Cantu Shea Butter leave-in conditioner & blow dried & flat ironed (used a heat protectant) which will be the only heat that I will use for the next few weeks to a month if possible. I lightly dusted right after I flat ironed also but barely needed it. I don’t have any more split ends because I wound up trimming about a half inch off in most parts back in December right before I put my kinky twists in. The right side of my hair apparently thinks its hot ish to grow way faster than the left & the left thinks it’s sexy to take her sweet time. The right side is about a whole inch longer than the right!!! Since I trimmed I still have about an inch & a half to hit SL on right the back side and 2 ½ on the left back side. I had to do some heavy duty trimming in the front (just below my eyes) though to get rid of all of my split ends but my front is already back to the tip of my nose since December. I plan to go from dusting monthly to dusting every 2 months.

I’m part of the Relaxed Buddy Thread I will be doing my next relaxer in April (at around 12 weeks again). I still M&S every couple of nights but have been alternating between Elasta QP Olive Oil /Mango Butter & the Elasta QP Recovery moisturizer along with EVCO. I slacked off on doing my castor oil & pine tar on my edges when I had my twists so I’ve been doing massages for a couple of minutes every night before I wrap my hair up. I am now PS’g with a HUGE curly wig which I love & have been getting tons of compliments on!!

How rising with tea bag works? Im doing a co washing today. Do I apply the conditioner on my hair than pour the tea or reverse it. I bought badia chamomile tea bag? How good is it?

You brew your tea, then you can pour or spray it onto your hair. You can do this while in the shower as a final rinse after you DC (like a leave in) or you can do it first, massage it in, then slap your DC on top. I like putting it underneathe my DC. I never heard of badia chamomile tea but I like chamomile tea in general kinda softening not really moisturizing but hair feels good.

Last edited:
You brew your tea, then you can pour or spray it onto your hair. You can do this while in the shower as a final rinse after you DC (like a leave in) or you can do it first, massage it in, then slap your DC on top. I like putting it underneathe my DC. I never heard of badia chamomile tea but I like chamomile tea in general kinda softening not really moisturizing but hair feels good.

Thats exactly what I did. I watch it on yt and like how this girl did it but I used black tea. Im going to drink the chamomile tea. I like it better than black tea. Thanks

Last night I did an black tea rinse. Spray my roots with it, leave it for 20 minutes then apply my mix conditioner on top of it for an hour. Rinse it out then apply mane n tail conditioner rinse again. Did Bantu knots then took it out this morning before class and this is how it came out.

ForumRunner_20130117_102243.jpg

ForumRunner_20130117_102252.jpg

My friend think all the things im doing to my hair is ridiculous. She laugh at me when I told her tht im using tea on my hair. She dont think my hair will grow

^^^ I know somebody who was very much like this. Now they are asking . . . what do you do to your hair, how do you moisturize, seal - etc.

^^^ I know somebody who was very much like this. Now they are asking . . . what do you do to your hair, how do you moisturize, seal - etc.

I know. She said shes giving me three months to see the difference. I told her it took time. I just want my hair to be healthy and if I make it to past sl then thats great. Noticing ng already

BeautifullyExotic

Very cute do! We are here to support each other so stay in here especially when that naysayer hates or that relaxer stretch gets aggravating!

ETA: also I found chamomile tea cheap at walmart. You should try it one time with the black tea.

Back