SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Sitting here with my hendigo on my roots. Will wash out in 4 hours and then 30 minute dc with shea moisture yucca & baobab anti breakage treatment. Then dc with SD raz affair.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

HairPleezeGrow
Sitting here with my hendigo on my roots. Will wash out in 4 hours and then 30 minute dc with shea moisture yucca & baobab anti breakage treatment. Then dc with SD raz affair.

HPG

That sounds heavenly.

Just wanted to check in, Now that I have the guts to show a photo of the broken crown and I need to beg for some suggestions. I know you guys care and will help me. Every hair on my head is shoulder length except for the crown. I wanted to cut out some layers once the crown got full sL but now that it is back to mouth length I am thinking this is going to take forever. So do you know of any edgy bob styles with a short crown? TIA

Below is a photo of my crown (I am holding on to a hair that survived the storm), my bob with the crown pinned, and the stretched bob.

Attachments

• IMG_20131023_132831.jpg
    IMG_20131023_132831.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20131027_161637.jpg
    IMG_20131027_161637.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 38
  • IMG_20131028_204540.jpg
    IMG_20131028_204540.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 39
[USER=327887 said:
Seamonster[/USER];19163153]HairPleezeGrow

That sounds heavenly.

Just wanted to check in, Now that I have the guts to show a photo of the broken crown and I need to beg for some suggestions. I know you guys care and will help me. Every hair on my head is shoulder length except for the crown. I wanted to cut out some layers once the crown got full sL but now that it is back to mouth length I am thinking this is going to take forever. So do you know of any edgy bob styles with a short crown? TIA

Below is a photo of my crown (I am holding on to a hair that survived the storm), my bob with the crown pinned, and the stretched bob.

I want to help but I'm not seeing anything wrong with your hair. And if your crown is mouth length it sounds like it should work with layers just fine.

HairPleezeGrow

That sounds heavenly.

Are we looking at the same head of hair? I think it looks gr8 and undetectable. Don't cut your hair. Maybe try and add more moisture to that area. What protein have you been using?

HPG

Are we looking at the same head of hair? I think it looks gr8 and undetectable. Don't cut your hair. Maybe try and add more moisture to that area. What protein have you been using?

HPG

Thanks. I thought I was looking at the wrong pictures. I reopened them, zoomed in :perplexed:

HPG

Thanks. I thought I was looking at the wrong pictures. I reopened them, zoomed in :perplexed:

:lachen: you guys are so funny. Here I am lamenting my in between length and ya'll think it looks just fine. Alright I will just trim the crown, and try to hide it in January when we start our journey to APL. Do you think I need to do SL 2014 or is enough of my hair long enough to claim SL?

:lachen: you guys are so funny. Here I am lamenting my in between length and ya'll think it looks just fine. Alright I will just trim the crown, and try to hide it in January when we start our journey to APL. Do you think I need to do SL 2014 or is enough of my hair long enough to claim SL?

Yes your hair is long enough to claim SL. Join us in the APL 2014 challenge. Most of us are in the SL 2014 also!

HPG

I cowashed this morning with HH honey hash and then applied shea moisture thickening milk to my hair. Applied JC nurish & shine on top.

HPG

I'm headed to the salon tonight. It will be my first visit in a long time. I am looking forward to the wash, condition and scalp massage. I just plan to get a rollerset so I compare a professional rollerset to my own. I know I will need a trim :sad: because my ends are looking a little crazy. Hopefully we can keep it to 1/2".

If I get in early enough I will post pictures. Otherwise I will do it tomorrow.

I'm headed to the salon tonight. It will be my first visit in a long time. I am looking forward to the wash, condition and scalp massage. I just plan to get a rollerset so I compare a professional rollerset to my own. I know I will need a trim :sad: because my ends are looking a little crazy. Hopefully we can keep it to 1/2".

If I get in early enough I will post pictures. Otherwise I will do it tomorrow.

Can't wait to see!

HPG

Thanks for starting the SL 2014 challenge :lol:

Never participated in a goal thread before, but I found after September I was getting a bit obsessed with growth and length checking. Now it's like I have a whole year to reach full SL all around my head which is easy without setbacks. Aiming low will give me a sense of achievement sooner.:lol:

The back of my hair is like 2 inches from APL for the first time in my life. :grin: I don't think I've ever gotten the nape to grow more than an inch, or so as its quite fine and easy to break. People used to make fun of it in high school.

My family and friends will be shocked when I do my final reveal:drunk: Don't think anyone has ever seen my hair longer than ear length lol.

Thanks for starting the SL 2014 challenge :lol:

Never participated in a goal thread before, but I found after September I was getting a bit obsessed with growth and length checking. Now it's like I have a whole year to reach full SL all around my head which is easy without setbacks. Aiming low will give me a sense of achievement sooner.:lol:

The back of my hair is like 2 inches from APL for the first time in my life. :grin: I don't think I've ever gotten the nape to grow more than an inch, or so as its quite fine and easy to break. People used to make fun of it in high school.

My family and friends will be shocked when I do my final reveal:drunk: Don't think anyone has ever seen my hair longer than ear length lol.

Girl yeah they will...and you will show them.

HPG

I have no idea why I thought that I would be shoulder length by December. Granted it is only November (tomorrow). My nape is Neck length my edges are an inch under my ear lobe, and my bangs are the same as my edges. I don't see shoulder length in my future until May. And that is if I count shoulder length as my bangs and edges lol! Which I will!

Drenching my hair in leave in and oil. Missed one of my inversion days, slept for 14 hours last night, didn't MS, what a terrible night. I must have been tired as all hell.

Drenching my hair in leave in and oil. Missed one of my inversion days, slept for 14 hours last night, didn't MS, what a terrible night. I must have been tired as all hell.

You sound like it! Hope you got some rest! I'm running on fumes today! I'm going to flat iron and curl my hair today. I'm glad it isn't raining! I'm going to do my inversion right now to get that out of the way!

No pics from my rollerset. When I took off my bonnet this morning it looked curled but when I touched it to separate it, it just flopped :ohwell: I don't think setting foam is enough to hold my hair.

So I just put my hair into a puff. Didn't take any pictures of that either.

I really wanted to trim my ends this morning. It is so easy with rollersets. But I didn't have enough time. I may do it this evening.

I at least learned a few things.
1. Put gel on my edges to smooth them down.
2. If I use a liquid to set my hair, really saturate it.
3. Curling creams work better on my hair than setting foams.
4. It takes less than 2 hours for my hair to dry.
5. That I can do a rollerset as well as a professional

I am going to do more roller/rod/curlformer sets next year. But for the remainder of this year I am going to stick to twists.

I am really going to be working on this crown the rest of the year. Driving me nuts. So the very tip top of the crown behind the bangs area is JUST getting to the tips of my ears :ohwell: the nape is now a comfortable CBL :ohwell: and the sides are at the earlobes... what a weird mess. I do remember really cutting into the crown during the BC because that was where the worst color damage was, though...sigh... it was so short I couldnt even grab it to twist it, so that must have been 1" or less while the rest was 2" or so! :lol: So it has come a good ways...

At some point, maybe when the crown finally gets just past sl, I'll start snipping the nape to even it out.

Luckily, I wear it barely stretched so no one notices but me.

I just finished my crochet braids using human wet and wavy. I'm 7 weeks post on my texlax. Hope these braids can last til Christmas.
I may not make it to SL officially but I'll measure after my touch up in December.

ETA: I had to snatch that hair out of my head. I looked like something from Beloved all wild and not wet and not easy just jacked.

I went into some perfection mode and couldn't stop tweaking the braids. I couldn't blend in the front because of NG and my thin top and crown.

Ugh.

When I have a protective style in sometimes i get in a zone and I'll grab anything to make it look good. Stuff I wouldn't dare put on my texlaxed hair just for the sake of blending.

So instead of 2 almost carefree months, I gotta wash, DC and all that other stuff I usually do on Sundays. Man. Da**.

Last edited:
@HairPleezeGrow

That sounds heavenly.

Hi Seamonster--
I think your hair looks great! If u've seen any of my other posts, because of severe crown breakage, I cut from below APL to a chin-length bob this year. That was the right decision for me bc the crown breakage was like down to 1/4-1/2 inch, but I don't think you should do it.
At this point, my hair has grown to sit on SL and the crown is like 2-3 inches long. It continues to grow, but I am sometimes tempted to cut again because the crown will never really catch up. So trust me I feel you. But here is why I don't:
1) I remind myself that literally no one notices but me. I am sure you have folks all the time tell you that your hair is thick and beautiful.
2) I set different goals. Having a long layer at the top, which is (hopefully) what I will have once the rest of my hair reaches APL, to me anyway can be quite beautiful. However, that's for me because my crown breakage is more significant and my hair is fine. Your crown breakage is so minimal that it will probably just continue to blend in with the rest of your hair.
3) I remind myself that the crown at 2-3 inches is simply in an awkward state and the shape will look different as it grows longer. I would say give your hair a little more time to change in shape and revisit the situation in 2014.
HTH xoxo

After washing out my henna last night, dc with DB dc for an hour with heat, rinsed that and added DB pumpkinseed leave in condish, Beemine growth serum to the scalp and DB coco bean moisturizer before twisting.

I got in on the Walgreens buy 2 get one free Shea Moisture sale the other day. I got 2 of the ABS poo and one purification masque :yay: i just happened to stumble upon this sale. Also got some ORS olive oil hair masque marked down to $5.99. Im trying this for the first time soon.

I got one deep treatment masque and one restorative conditioner from the CVS sale last week. This was a pretty good haul to add to my stash.

Anybody use the oRS masque before? Id like to read a review from a LHCFer, if possible. It has a noticeably strong chemical-like smell to it :perplexed:

Im prepooing O/N with safflower oil after massaging my scalp. I have my fenugreek powder soaking in boiled water O/N to make my paste in the morning. I will use safflower oil instead of coconut oil this time. I might add coconut milk powder during the blending process. This mix should stop my shedding in its tracks.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

My hair is still stretched from my rollerset so I trimmed my ends today. It has been about 8 weeks. They were looking pretty scraggly. Hopefully with changes in my regimen and with things I have learned I can extend it to 10 weeks. Getting ready to twist my hair up now.

I took my last set of crochets out on Friday, Poo'd with CON Ultra-moisturizing poo, did a protein DC with ORS Hair mayo for about 30 minutes then a moisture DC with Elasta QP DPR+11 for about an hour & a half. I didn't want to wait to airdry my hair because it wouldn't have been dried until Saturday morning so I put Cantu Shea Butter leave-in & heat protectant & blow dried it.

I put a new set of crochets in this time that I absolutely love (even more than the last set)!! Its still similar to the last set, however, this set is more silky & is called Romance Dream Curl something or another. Its much more manageable & curls better with mousse than the Twist style that I had before. Crochets is definitely my "go to" PS!!! I love that I can do it myself & that it only takes me about 3-4 hours to do. Its easier on the edges too! The curly styles is better for me than straight crochets as these cover up the cornrows easily.

I had about an inch of NG not stretched & I made 11 weeks post on Saturday. I thing that mistakenly texlaxing my natural hair on the last touch-up was not bad at all because my hair still has its texture but is wavy in comparison to being coily when I was transitioning. I have about only 1 inch of bone straight relaxed hair on the ends but I'm not cutting anything!! Its a lot easier now to stretch my relaxers after transitioning for 7 months than it was before. I had to look at the calendar just to see how many weeks post I am! :grin: I'll be relaxing in December when I take this set out & I'll do a LC at the time for my last pic in 2013 & my starting pic for 2014. I'm still trying to figure out where SL is on my body because where my actual shoulders start, is the same place where my collar bone starts. So I don't know if I'll be SL or CBL when I get where I'm going. *smacking lips*

Attachments

• Snapshot_20131103_1.JPG
    Snapshot_20131103_1.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 17
My crochet braids never come out right. My thin hair up top won't let it look right. It always ends up looking like a half wig cause my hair won't stay braided.

Back to boring buns.

Last edited:
Back