SL 2013 Challenge!!~~~

Here are hair up dates the right was when I got a hair cut nape length in May, the bottom left was the end of August and almost touching my shoulders, and the top left

PhotoGrid_1383863344527.jpg

was this week. I think I just made shoulder length

Here are hair up dates the right was when I got a hair cut nape length in May, the bottom left was the end of August and almost touching my shoulders, and the top left

View attachment 232775

Very nice progress. Do you have your hair cut in an asymmetrical cut? Or is it just growing out that way?

You are definitely SL and by end of December you will be there for sure if you can't tell this soon. You have some pretty, thick hair.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Took my hair out of box braids and it seems my hair has evened out some..still working on my crown though...wore my hair in a puff today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 28
Hey y'all! Sorry I've been MIA but I'm back and my hair is doing well still not shoullder length yet but very close. Will definitely be joining the SL 2014 thread. I'm in braids right now but will do a touch up soon and will do a length check. The only change I have to mention is that I just started taking Hairfinity. I still use Njoys oil every other day and I need to wash these braids but they're so heavy I don't think I can handle the weight when wet. I did get a nice summer growth spurt so I'm hoping when I take these out and trim I shouldn't be that far away.

Are you getting an upset stomach from hairfinity or anything? How are you taking them?

Finally getting some decent uniformed hang time in the shower. I remember not long ago just my front and very nape would hang just a little and now it seems to be more all around. APL hurry up and come now!

ForumRunner_20131109_122817.jpg

HPG

@mshoneyfly

Thank you. I looked up info on fenugreek and it looks like its available in a liquid which i want to try. Where did you buy the paste from, or did you just buy the seeds and mix it with something??

Sorry for the late reply LexiDior
I've been sick with a cold these past few days. I have a ton of the fenugreek seeds that I boil for 10 mins and let sit overnight then pour into the blender to get a nice fluffy, slippy, moisturizing paste. Then I add oil and blend a little more and the paste is ready to apply. Its the consistency of a deep conditioner.

I've been sick with a cold these past few days. I have a ton of the fenugreek seeds that I boil for 10 mins and let sit overnight then pour into the blender to get a nice fluffy, slippy, moisturizing paste. Then I add oil and blend a little more and the paste is ready to apply. Its the consistency of a deep conditioner.

Hope you feel better soon.

HPG

Sorry for the late reply @LexiDior

I hope you feel better. The chemist in me is intrigued but the procrastinator in me is feeling some type of way about all that work :lol:. Do you wash it out or leave it in??

mshoneyfly hope you feel better soon! how long do you leave the paste in and do you use it with heat? I may have to give this a whirl...

I was sick too. I fell asleep with it in my hair and woke up 14 hours later with a concrete cap on. :)

Eta: And today my principal kept smelling urine. I shampooed lots and the smell is lingering. I wish I smelled like maple syrup. :(

Last edited:
Wenbev LexiDior I rinse the paste out in shower. Then shampoo with a sulfate. Some people just cowash after rinsing or not but I found that I need to shampoo with fenugreek. I only leave it in for about an hour. Leaves the hair silky, shiny and stops shedding. It also leaves my scalp tingly, especially in the back of my head. I think its the main source of my recent growth and retention.

Check out the "fenugreek is the business" thread. Also here is a link to the vid I used as a guide in making the paste:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kqZbWBvsrAo

ETA: i dont use any heat. I just wrap in a few pieces of saran wrap then add a plastic cap and my skully hat :yep: but you could use a dryer or steamer if you have one

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Last edited:
Are you getting an upset stomach from hairfinity or anything? How are you taking them?

Hi soulglo! Sorry so late I'm just now seeing this. I was taking one in the morning and one in the evening but now I just take two at once so I don't forget later. I have been feeling nauseous on and off but once I eat I'm fine.

I used NJoys Purifying Cowash yesterday and it cleanses very well. It isn't a thick cowash by no means and you expect it to be more like the way a traditional conditioner or cleansing conditioner would be in consistency but it isnt. Do not attempt to detangle with this cowash but it gets the job done and cleanses very good. I massaged my scalp with it and applied it to shaft of my hair. Left in for 10 minutes and rinsed. My hair felt soft. I followed up a moisturizing con with slip so I could detangle (SDDH). This is an excellent cowash so far. Had my curls popping.

HPG

Oh yeah I forgot I tried on my NJoy LC shirt. I wish she had XXL but oh well.

ForumRunner_20131113_105851.jpg

HPG

@Wenbev @LexiDior I rinse the paste out in shower. Then shampoo with a sulfate. Some people just cowash after rinsing or not but I found that I need to shampoo with fenugreek. I only leave it in for about an hour. Leaves the hair silky, shiny and stops shedding. It also leaves my scalp tingly, especially in the back of my head. I think its the main source of my recent growth and retention.

Check out the "fenugreek is the business" thread. Also here is a link to the vid I used as a guide in making the paste:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kqZbWBvsrAo

ETA: i dont use any heat. I just wrap in a few pieces of saran wrap then add a plastic cap and my skully hat :yep: but you could use a dryer or steamer if you have one

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Thank you, ill check out the vid on it.

Slipped on the dusting for almost 4 months :ohwell:. So now it needs a full blown trim. Fine hair let's you have it when you ignore frequent trimmings. Break city.

It's cool tho. One inch.... It'll grow back and maybe I can even it up a bit too. I'll invert and pray that works. Lol

Gonna straighten it via curlformers and snip away this weekend.

I'm here. For some reason I just don't have much to add lately. I think I'm just ready for this year to be over and to move onto something different with my hair. I won't make SL in 2013 so I guess I'm ready for 2014. Maybe I should just hang out in the 2014 thread and just post my final pic here and use it as my starting pic there.

Hey Ladies, Im here too :wave:

I need to do a dusting myself so Im gonna use my split ender tonight while my hair is straight. Then I'm doing a DC with AOGPB for the first time. I have a tea mix in the freezer with coconut milk added :lick: so I will do a tea rinse first.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

I'm here. I put in some havana twist extensions last week so I'm toughing it out 2 more weeks until I take them out

Hey everyone, been awhile. Not working from home anymore, so trying to find time to log in and keep up with the posts have been super hard!
I trimmed my hair last week after I flat ironed. My ends were crying out for a trim. But my hair is just brushing the tops of my shoulders finally but I still have a loooong way to go.
Anyhow, I ordered the split ender today and will straighten again probably in couple weeks.

Back